This appeared today in one of the most touristic Barcelona areas, full of european people

>This appeared today in one of the most touristic Barcelona areas, full of european people

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_culture_theory
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiri
icom.museum/resources/red-lists-database/red-list/china/
icom.museum/fileadmin/user_upload/images/Redlists/China/RedListofChineseCulturalObjectsatRisk-English.pdf
google.es/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2009/dec/14/china-historic-sites-survey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek

Barcelona is overwhelmed by tourism.

Oh no, tourist money how awful
At least you don't get chinks

who are we
who are them

Doesnt spain have a huge tourism sector?

I agree.

Barcelona is 100% ruined by tourism. Everything that actually meant something once upon a time has been commodified and made part of the tourist industry.

You don't have genuine experiences abroad anymore. Now, it's all ExperiencesTM. It's all standardised.

the commies in Barcelona don't want tourists, they want moslem fugges or niggas selling trash in the streets instead

Tourism is the worst thing to ever happen to Spain, honestly we should form some paramilitary group to beat the tourist scum down.

That's what you should do to refugees

based
germ tourists are almost as bad as the english

Sure but tourists are a bigger problem right now.

I spent 2k euros in a madrilean strip club last year on a bachelor's weekend, you should be thanking me for all the nice clothes your sister can buy now.

There's absolutely no good reason why anyone would spend 2k in a strip club, what did you do exactly?

Bought some bottles and had a threesome with 2 strippers (apparently all spanish strip clubs are brothels).

spanish girls are buttugly, only slavs work there

Yes. But people living in Barcelona are quite tired of having to remain silent when hordes of anglos and german youth scum come here to have "fun" and end up destroying our cultural places, having fights with the locals, never shutting up at night, etc.
That and the fact that everyone here sees tourism is the only future we have and it's quite scary to have an economy based on that alone.

isn't it a significant portion of your economy? I imagine rich migrants settling from decent euro cunts bring in a lot of money too.

without tourists, barcelona dies. That city doesn't produce anything.

Self-destructive instincts are a vital part of the Spanish character.

Catalonia is overrated
Al Andalus Spain is where it's at

And what is your solution then? Chase off tourists so Barcelona has NO industry instead of at least one industry?

You should maybe be funneling the money you get from tourism in to starting up other industries.

Barcelona tourists are legit scum, bunch of pot smoking, littering sodomites.

This. Nothing like walking down a random street in a random city to experience the true culture of that country. Meet real people that arent there just to make money out of you.

QUE VOY A MATAR MÁS GUIRIS QUE FLORES TIENEN MAYO Y ABRIL

How do you tell who is a tourist?

If we could rid Spain of the g*iris, all would be forgiven.

You sure this wasn't in Alabama?

t.country dependant on tourist money

Socks and sandals m8

Agreed. This shithoke is fucked anyway, might as well take down the guiris with us.

>That city doesn't produce anything.
True, no tourists, no money.

Tourism is going to accomplish what Franco and the French government never could. In a couple generations Basque culture will be completely commoditized.

No one but niggers and white trash red tide fans visit Alabama.

This.

I don't think people truly realize that, for example, the biggest destroyer of culture isn't Communism of genocide or war, it's the consumerist economy.

More of China died in 5 years of free market than all of Maoism.

>More of China died in 5 years of free market than all of Maoism

Imagine how stupid one must be to type this and actually believe it

Why are brit tourists so bad? they all take the throne of worst tourists anywhere they go.
Even chinks know how to be quiet and aside from being rude and an eyesore they never really act actively obnoxious like anglos

>More of China died in 5 years of free market than all of Maoism.

Chinese culture*

And yes I am correct. Your average poor starving farmer in Sichuan 1966 was still poor, starving, and worshiping the same six armed rice gods in 1976.

>the biggest destroyer of culture isn't Communism of genocide or war, it's the consumerist economy.

How is a consumerist economy a destroyer of culture?

Chinese tourists are bad because 90% of them were starving illiterate peasants a decade ago.

G*iris are just subhumans.

honestly I feel bad for Spaniards

I was in Madrid a few days ago and it was fucking FULL of tourists, in fucking May, let alone in the summer

Just like the shit excuse of a """language""" they speak

i don't think the free market has ever sent roaming gangs around to tear down all historical and religious buildings and to burn ancient cultural texts

You might want to read a bit about that thing called "Cultural Revolution"

>G*iris are just subhumans.
explain pls

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_culture_theory

Amazing that you haven't heard this argument before.

Tell me about why we even use the phrase "traditional" nowadays.

Why are Spaniards always such communist queers

You are an absolute fucking idiot if you think a government dictate is more powerful than the free market.

Just because one is easier to see doesn't make the other less powerful.

You might want to educate yourself on Chinese history.

Less than 1% of Chinese cultural artificats and structures were affected by the cultural revolution.

The Cultural Revolution was NOTHING compared to what has happened in the past in China. Read about the foundation of the Qin Dynasty, or the extermination of buddhism in the 800's.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiri

you're thick as pig shit
A country that believes in the free market believes in the freedom of choice. I.e. The government don't take it upon itself to erase things that it deems bad.
Thats not to say unrelenting capitalism like we have no doesn't have flaws, But if you think that capitalist consumerism is more destructive than communism you're just plain wrong.

>Less than 1% of Chinese cultural artificats and structures were affected by the cultural revolution

yeah you convinced us

I'm pretty sure Mao sending all the intellectuals to work and die in the rice field might have done more to hurt Chinese culture then the fucking audi dealership

>Amazing that you haven't heard this argument before.
I'm a high schooler and my teacher is a communist so I yeah that's amazing I haven't heard about this ''theory''. A consumer culture seems to a better alternative than a backwards culture and poverty though, don't you think so?

>I'm a high schooler
wheres the janitor

I'm above 18 so try again Sven

You can't even fucking read you abolute nigger. I stated that the free market in China has done far more cultural destruction in 5 years than all of Maoism.

Unless you have a way to establish what "culture" is, then you are just as wrong as you claim I am.

Find a source.

Of the listed Chinese cultural artifacts and monuments the RoC made in 1945 and 1948, only 1% have been lost.
icom.museum/resources/red-lists-database/red-list/china/

Tell me how many Chinese wear traditional clothes or live in extended family compounds today.

Traditional Chinese cutlure in Taiwan, HK, and China have all been DECIMATED by the last 30 years of vast economic change.

>The Cultural Revolution was NOTHING compared to what has happened in the past in China.
not really. more like its just another event in a cycle. "nothing compared" is a bit too emphasized

>icom.museum/resources/red-lists-database/red-list/china/

???????????????

>above 18
>in highschool

>Remember, no catalan
>Procceed to shoot down everything moving in El Prat arrivals

Its not fucking rocket surgery Artur

Spanish English language students are the worst thing to happen to the south-east of England. Absolute zero self-awareness and are rude as fuck. They walk around with their head in the clouds.

We have another education system here, high school is from 16-19 years

>they all take the throne of worst tourists anywhere they go

Of course they don't. There are literally millions of normal Brits who go abroad to places like Barcelona and do normal tourist things. Don't confuse these with the twonks who got to the part resorts, who are in the minority on the grand scale of things.

>Tell me how many Chinese wear traditional clothes or live in extended family compounds today.
Why should they do that? China changed and it's not a problem, it's good. Now there's less famine and more wealth

icom.museum/fileadmin/user_upload/images/Redlists/China/RedListofChineseCulturalObjectsatRisk-English.pdf

It's the literal list of Chinese cultural heritage objects. Of course it has been updated, but it goes back to 1945 when it was first made by the RoC.

Furthermore,
google.es/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2009/dec/14/china-historic-sites-survey
>One conservation campaigner told the Guardian the damage caused over the last 20 years was worse than during the Cultural Revolution, which in its early stages saw Red Guards ransack religious sites.

When I went to Barcelona, I saw more asians than europeans. It was pretty funny.

I agree completely.

Nonetheless, the only reason we even use the words "traditional culture" is because it's essentially non-existent in its original form. Culture cannot be destroyed since culture is literally what the people are today, but China has changed far more in the last few decades of rapid economic development than it did in the 2000 years before that.

Many other countries are similar of course. My grandparents barely recognize Japan anymore.

>the free market in China has done far more cultural destruction in 5 years than all of Maoism.

y-you too

>writing it in English

Then don't live in the fucking tourist city, it's the same with amsterdam and dumb rich people and squatters complaining about the amount of tourists.

Those cities are literally pushed as a theme-park for grown ups, smoke feed, whores, canals, etc the whole package. If you really have to live in said city just choose the suburb but that's not what those cucks want, they want to feel special in their fake culture.

Well is them who need to read it.

Why do you ask for proofs of something that cannot be proven? It is completely subjective. If you consider the loss of footbinding and child slavery to be huge losses for Chinese culture, then I'm wrong. If you consider the fact for the last 4000 years 95% of Chinese were farmers, and now 95% are not, to be a huge loss for Chinese culture... then I am correct.
Nonetheless, China has changed dramatically in the last 30 years. I think that is indisputable.

im 20 and finish higschool this may

Why? The vast majority of English people who go to Barcelona are doing normal tourist things like sightseeing, and contributing to the local economy.

Well i dont really know,
maybe there are some groups that would rather see their own economy kill if they could get rid of dem evil tourists?

Genocide can have a worse effect.

As a result of the Holocaust 85% of Yiddish speakers had been killed off. A language/dialect that once had millions of speakers is now reduced to under 2 million today and is still in decline. Western Yiddish is all but gone as well, the majority of those Yiddish speakers use the Eastern Dialect.

>Culture cannot be destroyed
kek your plausible bs is seriously fucked up

culture is lost if nobody passes it down for the next generation
its merely some complex of each individual technique, not such a collective cognition or ideology
each technique is easily vanished when nobody takes it over. so people or the govt should try hard to save it, back it up, when a traditional technique ended up in a vacuum. otherwise its just lost. and its not so easy to resurrect it

>Working class Brits
>fix'd

Same in many European capitals.

Central London is constantly full of tourists.

"Culture" has many definitions.

My definition appears to be different than yours.

Culture changes with the people. It's not something that just stops in time and remains that way forever.

Therefore Culture cannot be destroyed. Certain traditions can be lost. But Culture as a whole is impossible to destroy.
Even if you killed all the jews, jewish culture would still exist. Likewise for any other groups. Aztec culture still exists for example, just look at Mexico's murder rate!

Tell me about pre-Roman cultures in Spain

WE WUZ IBERIANS

But seriously, there is some pre-Iberian influence in spain.

Like what?

Basque

Everything else is likely Roman/post Roman influenced