Just listened to this again for the first time in 3 years. Wow, I can't believe how good it still is. New album when...

Just listened to this again for the first time in 3 years. Wow, I can't believe how good it still is. New album when? If The Avalanches could make a good album after so long surely NMH could do it too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvLm01ruV00&t
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bait, but yeah

What part is b8?

Honestly I don't want a new album. It could ruin an otherwise perfect legacy

this

jeff mangum should do a short solo acoustic album. could be amazing, but also nmh doesnt lose the mystique too much

mangum will never write music again, guaranteed

while this tread exists, this video is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=cvLm01ruV00&t

honestly is there a reason for this besides him being kind of a fuckin weirdo?

the fact that he hasn't actually released anything new since itaots, he probably just forgot how to write new shit

if he does end up releasing something new by chance, it'll be forced and not live up to the hype

I feel like he's actually been writing new material for years and has just been meticulously crafting a new masterpiece. He knows his legendary status and is trying to deliver.

idk man, he's a true artist when it comes down to it. i trust that whatever he puts out (whether or not it's to the same level as ITAOTS) won't be contrived. i feel he's the kind of person who writes things when he HAS to

Wasn't it announced a new album was already done and ready for release or did i imagine that

yeah, it's possible, but i still think after his post itaots breakdown, he's done with new releases

A double LP has already been confirmed, user. It's just a question of when

On Avery Island [Merge, 1996] :(

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea [Merge, 1998] :(

Fuck if anyone can figure out this guy's rating system.

i think Sup Forums makes fun of itaots because none of us want to admit how big of an impact the album had on our lives

I give his rating system a pair of scissors/ frowny face

A "Neither" (the sad face) rating indicates an album that may impress with consistent craft or an arresting track or two. Then it won't.

A dud rating (the bomb symbol) indicates a bad album not worth further attention. The album may be tedious, boring, or disappointing, or it may be outright offensive.

A *** rating indicates an album that will greatly impress fans of the artist in question or those who admire its sound or creative vision.

A ** rating indicates an album that will impress fans of the artist in question or those who admire its sound or creative vision.

A * rating indicates an album that will interest fans of the artist in question or those who admire its sound or creative vision.

Choice Cuts indicates an otherwise forgettable album with one standout track on it (buy the single if you must). The track may be catchy, amusing, or make for an interesting sociological statement about the artist. Some choices were inescapably personal.

The double album that was teased is most likely a new Olivia Tremor Control record