What do you guys think about star trek discovery?

what do you guys think about star trek discovery?
i haven't seen any other star trek series but i think i it's sooo good. the klingons kind of remind me of trump supporters.

Shit.

its so nerdy and scientific i love it, is just like rick and morty.

Discovery isn't really "bad" so far, but it is a far cry from previous Star Trek Series, especially if we are to believe it is set in the "Prime" Universe instead of the "JJ-Verse."

Here are some of my initial gripes about the series so far. "Michael" Burnham? Why does a Human Female have a Human Male's name? I cringe every time they call his name. Also, if this series is supposed to be set 10 years before Jim Kirk takes command of The Enterprise, why do all the ships and all the technology look so far advanced from TOS technology? (I have a theory. More on that later.) And what is with the Klingons? This is only 10 years before we see Human looking Klingons on TOS. There will have to be some sort of biological weapon that The Federation uses on Qu'Onos that will have to radically alter Klingon DNA in order to explain away this GLARING difference. Also, if this is the Prime Universe, why do all the ships look like they came from the JJ-Verse? Oh, EVERYONE has a big ass window on their bridge now. And Holographic Communication? This isn't the Death Star! This is a Pre-Constitution Class Federation Starship! Even Picard still had to use the damn viewscreen!

Alright, enough bitching. Here's what I like about the show. I am very interested to see where the first season takes us. After the 2 hour premiere, I was convinced that Section 31 was involved, and episode 3 proved me right. That explains why Lorca is able to have such free reign and why technology on the Discovery is more advanced than what you would find on a normal Starfleet ship of the day, like The Enterprise. Speaking of The Enterprise, it's already launched and is under command of Captain Christopher Pike, with Spock as his First Officer. Wouldn't it be interesting for Spock to run into his "sister" out in the galaxy? A lot of people have blatantly said they don't like this ret-con on Spock's history. I say this: We didn't even know Spock had a Half-Brother until Star Trek V. (cont...)

It's great.

Yeah. I like the show. Not from a Star Trek point. Mainly because it crushed the continuity like an egg, but as a Space show.

Agree with most of this, mostly just glad to have more trek.
However, I am really liking 'The Orville' as it is kind of like TNG with dick jokes

>actually thinking OP was being serious. Nice autism, mate!

(Cont...) What logical reason would he have for telling anyone he grew up with a Human girl? The knowledge isn't relevant. Apparantly, (SPOILER ALERT) Spock's mother, Amanda WILL APPEAR in Star Trek Discovery at some point in this season. I think it would be great if Discovery and Enterprise had to to a joint mission. It should be around this time that The Enterprise has an incident at Talos IV. Would be interesting to see Discovery answer a distress call here and meet up with Enterprise. Anyway, enough wishful thinking.

Discovery has the potential to be a great sci-fi show. Maybe not the best Star Trek show, but certainly a great sci-fi show in it's own right. I don't think Gene Roddenberry would approve of the direction his franchise has gone, but as they say, times change. Overall, I think Discovery will be fine.

I didn't believe OP was serious at all. But I saw an opportunity to engage in some real discussion if I cleaned up the tone of the thread, so there you have it.

the klingons are inrecognizable now, they suddenly practice a death cult. using the bodies armor for the ships. klingons never gave a fuck about corpses.

Ah, The Orville. I think this is going to become something Seth McFarlane never intended: a really great sci-fi space adventure, with less and less jokes as the series progresses. They're already trying to tackle some more serious and relevant issues on the show, and I know Seth wants to keep the mood of the show light and funny, but I think it's going to become bigger than he ever thought it would. So far it's a fun show.

it's basicaly a big fucking cringe fest,
so uncomfortable to watch,
every male charcter has to be either be 100% subordinate or be a manic arrogant asshole.

Yep. The look of the Klingons has already been established. About 100 years before Discovery if my thinking is correct. (SEE ST: ENTERPRISE, SEASON 1, EPISODE 1, BROKEN BOW) The first canonical Klingon we are ever introduced to (in a chronological sense, not which TV series came first) would be Klaang on the first episode of Enterprise. He looked like a normal Klingon that we are all used to seeing. There's absolutely no reason for the Klingons to look the way they do on Discovery.

Klingon pride, alpha quadrant wide.

also they don't embody klingons anymore.
their body language is so much NOT klingon, they have been robbed of the warriors heart and degraded to animals.

I think they made the show first as some completely unrelated sci-fi and then execs came in and said "okay let's do it, but name it star trek so we can keep the rights"

Daedra in Space. Other than the baddies it looks kinda bland.

The Orville was surprisingly good.

I've been doing some behind the scenes research and reading some interviews with the writers. They seem to think the Klingons of time are broken into 24 different houses. T'Kumva was attempting to re-unite the warring factions and unite the Klingon Houses once more. The interviews also say that they'll explain why the Klingons look the way they do, and that normal looking Klingons are on the way. I think they're going to have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to make any sense of this.

*Klingons of this time*

hi,so it is not in jj-verse?

Star Trek Discovery = STD

Correct. This is supposed to be set in the "Prime Universe" where Shatner is Kirk, Nimoy is Spock, etc..

> Klingon's remind me of Trump supporters

The orville is nice, gotta agree.
but discovery is a big pile of politicized dogshit

"supposed"
They're doing a shit job of selling that bs.

This.

Plus, obviously Star Trek is a altar to post modernist self-wanking. Which, post modernism is wrong because axioms can be known and~so it isn't all subjective preference wanking.

Agreed.

Lensfare-infested shit

Main character is shit, Klingons are shit, I like the Salarian dude and the creepy captain though. They could have just made the show about the 2 and a secret federation project and would have been a great show but SJWs had to get involved.

After reading through the thread, it seems that the thread had been turned on its head. Well done to this user

She's fucking bipolar.
How did she ever graduate from a Vulcan academy when she is constantly losing her shit emotionally?

star trek always promoted progressive thoughts, and it alkways did that very well. it came to the advance of the characters and the story.

STD in comparison is so fucking politicized, it is one big cringe compilation. i cant enjoy watching this shit. sorry.
either roll down the virtue signaling or stop calling it star trek because that shit has nothing in common with star trek.

> meant this user

I guess I can forgive that but in episode 3 she breaks in to a secret room as she is still a prisoner and feels, from what is told to us, regret, but it does not seem at as such.
I really hate the angry/arrogant looks she gives everyone. Also its really hard to be ugly as a redhead but they sure found a ugly one for this series, also blame the SJW shit for this.

who is that piggyface slut?

>Daedra in Space
I will not be able to unsee this

Right? She went on and on about wanting to do her time and learning her lesson....then breaks in? Ridiculous.