Why don't we just let immigrants do 100% of the scientific / technological work for us...

Why don't we just let immigrants do 100% of the scientific / technological work for us? Michio Kaku says our educational system is terrible and regular US citizens are too dumb to handle STEM jobs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qty1xqvQBrA

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Limits-Possibilities-Schooling-Introduction-Sociology/dp/0205142001
amazon.com/Diverted-Dream-Community-Educational-Opportunity/dp/0195048164
pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/the-bogus-high-tech-worker-sho/
youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA
spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/education/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/04/the-myth-of-americas-tech-talent-shortage/275319/
latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-20150802-column.html
fortune.com/2013/08/05/the-myth-of-americas-missing-software-engineers/
spectrum.ieee.org/static/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth-an-ongoing-discussion
cbsnews.com/news/a-shortage-of-scientists-and-techies-think-again/
businessinsider.com/the-real-truth-about-the-stem-shortage-that-americans-dont-want-to-hear-2013-5
techrepublic.com/article/the-stem-shortage-myth-a-reality-check-for-it-employers-and-employees/
latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-the-scandal-of-engineering-visas-20160226-column.html
nationalreview.com/article/378334/what-stem-shortage-steven-camarota
sciencemag.org/careers/2016/03/displaced-american-stem-workers-spur-senate-hearing
itworld.com/article/2718456/enterprise-software/are-scientists-lying-more-than-ever-.html
eagleforum.org/publications/psr/apr16.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He was trying to make the point that we need to fix our k-12 education system, not that we should rely more on immigrants. He's right. Too many HS graduates are not even legitimately college-ready when they get out.

No, he literally says US citizens aren't smart enough to do these jobs and that the American scientific establishment would collapse without immigrants.

Because they have no incentive to assimilate. I don't care about your race because ethnicity is what wars are faught over, not race per se. I don't want these people to stay in my country just because they make liberalism look good on the face of it. It doesn't work in the long run, and everyone knows this.

Yes, because our education system is shit.

You are clearly the kind of American he's talking about. You don't have the slightest clue what point he's even trying to make.

Too dumb = Too expensive

Did you even watch the video? What you're arguing is what the other guy was talking about, not Michio Kaku. Michio Kaku said HB1 visa immigrants aren't taking jobs from Americans because Americans can't do their jobs and he didn't say the solution is to fix our education system, he said the solution is use our HB1 visa to bring in immigratns who can do these jobs.

invite everyone

dont teach citizens anything

*H-1B

Educate yourself, you stupid faggot
>amazon.com/Limits-Possibilities-Schooling-Introduction-Sociology/dp/0205142001
>amazon.com/Diverted-Dream-Community-Educational-Opportunity/dp/0195048164

It's funny how everyone seems to agree that the US education system sucks and then turn around and say teachers aren't paid enough or appreciated...

Why appreciate someone who's doing a terrible fucking job? That's where the problem is, the system is made by clueless bimbos for clueless bimbos. The dumb girls I went to highschool with are now teaching at my highschool and I'm not even thirty.

We can fix the education system through privitizing but before that we need to separate sports and academics, make it a 50/50 gender split for teachers and only hire teachers above the age of 30 so the teachers are at least in theory more mature than the students.

I watched the video a while back. The man was talking about the fact that our schools don't prepare kids for college, especially in STEM fields. Just because you have a chip on your shoulder related to immigration doesn't mean the dude thinks we should be abandoning American kids.

communism infiltrated public school.

Implying it's the teachers who suck and not the administration

They exist to be cheap labor for corporations

pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/the-bogus-high-tech-worker-sho/

>The man was talking about the fact that our schools don't prepare kids for college, especially in STEM fields.

That's not what he's talking about at all. You're either not remembering what the video was about or you just misunderstood it, but either way, Michio Kaku didn't say anything about schools needing to be fixed to prepare kids for college. His point in that video is very single-mindedly emphasizing how important the H-1B visa is and how these immigrants are the only ones who can do these jobs.

>everything left of what I like is Communism

Get real hoss. Liberal sympathies are a big part of Academia, no doubt, but our schools are a long way from enforcing Communism.

The US education system is fine

the only people that bring down the scores are niggers and spics

This

i like kaku but this vid is from 2012. is it even still relevant?

Are you fucking retarded? I played the video for two seconds and heard "educational system" like 5 times right off the bat. The man is CLEARLY referring to the problems we face educating young people in this country because of our unacceptable educational system.

Michio Kuku is a fake scientist.

>Michio Kaku
literally who? our colleges are the best in the entire world

Why don't American companies train American citizens for these jobs then? Companies are trying to exploit cheap foreign labor, cutting corners to save money. It saves them money to go around laws this way. It's not because they can't find any domestic employees, or that unreasonable wages would have to be paid to attract the require domestic talent. It's because companies are exploiting these foreign temp workers and treating them like local sweatshop workers.

this. same goes for crime stats

Too bad our primary education is shit and the students who get into the those best colleges in the world come from America's private and prestigious high schools that cost more to attend than a state university

Why not both? Stupid administrations hire stupid teachers.

If it's fine we wouldn't get so many complaints about it. It sucks. It could be doing way better. We all know that.

even our public, lower-tier universities are quite decent
prestige is nice but not necessary

pretty naive.

youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA

it's truly this simple.

You have some weird agenda in your mind that you're superimposing on him when his message is clearly "we need genius foreigners." Like I said, the other guy who talks after Michio Kaku is the one arguing your point, not Michio.

>America has a secret weapon! That secret weapon is the H-1B, without the H-1B the scientific establishment of this country would collapse! Forget about Google. Forget about Silicon Valley, there would be no Silicon Valley without the H-1B. And you know what the H-1B is? It’s the Genius Visa! Ok. You realize that in the United States 50% of all P.H.D. candidates are foreign born. At my system, one of the biggest in the United States, 100% of P.H.D candidates are foreign born.
>So don’t tell me that science is the engine of prosperity, you remove the H-1B Visa and you collapse the economy!
>In the Wall Street Journal editorialized in the Congress who wanted to ban the H-1B, saying they will take jobs away from the American people. The Wall Street Journal said: “Look, there are no Americans who can take these jobs, these are at the highest level of high technology.” They don’t take away jobs from Americans they create entire industries

>i like kaku

Why? Isn't he just another TED talk tier talking head?

Because it's full of niggers/spics

white kids aren't even the majority anymore.

Is there a problem with that?

I don't believe that teachers should necessarily be paid more, but it's kind of obvious why low teachers salaries would result in shit teachers. If you're a smart young grad who just got a degree in a demanding STEM field, why would you choose a 50k teacher job with terrible prospects over a job in the industry that would have you earning six figures within a couple years?

Some state schools are among the best colleges in the world. The US currently has a STEM worker surplus. Kaku is just full of shit as per usual.

And you conveniently ignore the part where he repeatedly says "educational system," completely ignore the part where he repeatedly complains about the "educational system"

Stop doing that. It is so dishonest and stupid. You are blatantly misrepresenting this man's argument in order to advance your own agenda.

which is a retarded point because that's not what the H1-b system is about

It's about getting cheap code monkeys from India

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/04/the-myth-of-americas-tech-talent-shortage/275319/

You seem like one of those really low information goys that believes everything he sees on television.

> white kids aren't even the majority anymore
kek, where do you live, you poor fag.

But we literally already do that
t. I live next to UIUC

isn't that rich, some japanese gook demanding that THIS country needs to take in more immigrants.

You just need private schools as far as I can see, focusing on STEM and all that jazz.

He never once says we need to fix our education system. He says repeatedly we need the H-1B visa.

>If it's fine we wouldn't get so many complaints about it
Most who complain about our system always bring that ranking up whenever the issue comes up. None of them saying why the numbers are like that in the first place. Take away all that minority garbage, and suddenly the USA is competing with European and Asian nations, and have a crime rate that is similar as well. Latinos are aids, and blacks are cancer, the USA is infected with both.

Then you're clearly fucking retarded and only hearing what you want to hear. He says clearly that the problem is the educational system. God, you are so dumb.

>Then you're clearly fucking retarded and only hearing what you want to hear. He says clearly that the problem is the educational system. God, you are so dumb.

Not an argument.

He never once says we need to fix our education system. He says repeatedly we need the H-1B visa.

True, four-year institutions in America are good, but it means fuck all for the aggregate of incoming students who come from high schools that do not properly prepare them for university standards. I don't think a university should offer remedial courses as many do. I don't think a university needs programs to integrate low-achieving students.
They need to GTFO higher education and go to trade school. Why suffer being a shitty student when you can head to the top of vocational work? Our government doesn't seem to understand this and wants everyone, literally fucking everyone to have a bachelor's degree.
Yeah, the problem is public schools not being held accountable for its failure to produce students of high enough calibre to enter university without needing remedial courses or handholding at the expense of taxpayer money. A high school degree should have prepared them for the work force or freshman year of college.
I was just pointing out that elite high schools on the east coast have costs and rates that are higher than state schools. I think four-year colleges in the U.S. are the best in the world.

Again, our HIGH SCHOOLS are fucked up beyond belief

This. There is nothing wrong with White or Asian student material per se, they'd be more than capable of learning everything required in a field like CS. But your problem in education is too much affirmative action and dropping the standards so that even the people who shouldn't be in college in the first place can meet them. This has led to the point where the fresh graduates in CS do not know how to program at all. I worked in SF for several years and I was a part of the team creating interview questions for the potential candidates and also interviewed them: about one in eight even passed the preliminary test which was for the entry level position. The reason why H-1B visas are a thing is because there's little to no local talent to fill the jobs, so they look for people from abroad to fill said jobs.

Fix the shitty education system, get rid of affirmative action, raise the standards so that stupid apes and women won't be able to pass even out of pity and people will start respecting the local degrees more.

Well half the country can barely grasp evolution, so he's not wrong.

You can find article after article on this stuff jsut by googling

The sheer laziness of people that support H1Bs is astounding.

latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-20150802-column.html

fortune.com/2013/08/05/the-myth-of-americas-missing-software-engineers/

spectrum.ieee.org/static/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth-an-ongoing-discussion

cbsnews.com/news/a-shortage-of-scientists-and-techies-think-again/

businessinsider.com/the-real-truth-about-the-stem-shortage-that-americans-dont-want-to-hear-2013-5

techrepublic.com/article/the-stem-shortage-myth-a-reality-check-for-it-employers-and-employees/

you can find article after article after article

the US is in no need of more nerds

All more nerds means is lower wages for the nerds currently here.

In the US

About 0:20 in the OP vid, he said the US has the worst educational system of the industralized world.

Kill yourself.

It's true

All the democrats believe in racial equality

Michio Kaku is also afraid of his neighbors who greet him in the elevator, A+ class sperg fucktard.

That isn't the same as saying we need to fix our education system. He doesn't say why it's the worst and he doesn't say anything about changing it in any way. His point is all about how we need the H-1B visa.

latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-the-scandal-of-engineering-visas-20160226-column.html

I'm graduated HS in 2011 and a large portion of our assigned English was SJW tier shit. We studied like one Shakespeare play per year and the rest was all on the topic of feminism and oppressed dindus.

And this was in a "good" school system in an affluent county where many of my classmates went to Ivy League or otherwise top ranked Universities.

Given this, it's hard to deny the existence of a left wing indoctrination agenda behind public schooling.

what city or town kek

>I
>I'm

fuck

Even the NRO, the biggest cucks on the planet don't believe in it.

nationalreview.com/article/378334/what-stem-shortage-steven-camarota

It has nothing to do with our education. It has to do with the fact that our schools are such multicultural shit holes that kids are getting distracted by other kids who don't give a shit.

Dallas

90% Mestizo 10% black

way to misrepresent everything all at once.

sciencemag.org/careers/2016/03/displaced-american-stem-workers-spur-senate-hearing

source?

So we let in STEM immigrants who are already educated, as a way to fix our education system?

Just how retarded are you?

>I was just pointing out that elite high schools on the east coast have costs and rates that are higher than state schools.
That's true but it's also not really relevant here. People being sent to exclusive private high schools and the like are being groomed for the very top levels of society. You don't need to be the son of a senator to become an entry level engineer or PHD candidate in physics whereas Kaku is somewhat imply you do.

>Again, our HIGH SCHOOLS are fucked up beyond belief
That's also true but again it's also not super relevant. We can't place all of our college graduates with the shit compulsory education system we have, improving it would only exacerbate the problem and make Kaku even more wrong.

shut up cuck

Japan took in like 2 Syrian refugees last year

Yet somehow they're just fine without all the Muslim intellectuals.

And all the republitards believe the bible is a historical text.

brain drain is terrible for 2nd and 3rd world countries
it's odd how lefties don't see it

Miami is only 14% white. South Florida is like 40% white I think.

>brother is at a community college
>earning his A.S. degree in welding
>needs to take English, History, Speech and Biology courses for general requirements
>Yeah, I suppose that's good and all, you need to be a well-rounded and well-informed citiz—
>GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, WHITE PRIVILEGE IS A SOCIAL DISEASE, AMERICAN IMPERIALISM DISPLACED AND KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OF COLOR, WHEN SPEAKING TO A MINORITY OR WOMAN, KEEP YOUR VOICE LOW AND DON'T TRIGGER THEM
>brother's face when
For fuck's sake, just let him weld pieces of metal together

itworld.com/article/2718456/enterprise-software/are-scientists-lying-more-than-ever-.html

The jap hires H1bs that get paid much less than Americans with similar (or better) education. H1b hires have less leverage to move employers in accordance with the rules of their Visas. Whereas an American MIT grad has tons of offers and is more free to leverage them than an H1b and can negotiate higher pay.

The jap is not addressing the cost-saving issue and instead trying to grandstand politically.

Money is at the root. This jap chose to make a political statement instead.

that's because Japan is a homogenous society so everyone is like-minded. here in America you have like 4-5 different major ethnic groups on campus fighting with each other causing distractions for other students. that's the same reason countries like Denmark have been so successful in the past.

The "muh well-rounded" argument is fucking stupid. It's literally just an excuse to extort money from college students and shackle them with debt for life.

Yes I agree...

Fuck this gook smug asshole

The Cruz missiles do

>more East Asians and South asians
>more fraud

makes sense

he's simply applying the principals that brought the US to prominence.

read this:

eagleforum.org/publications/psr/apr16.html

American education system is a joke, especially when it comes to math and science. It's about time we cut all useless liberal art classes and focus on the stuff that actual matters.

this doesn't sound nearly as stupid anymore in light of all the fairy tale bullshit the left believes in

At my school here in Florida we'd have like 2 loudmouth Sicilians and a couple black kids and a latino making a ruckus and being distruptive for the whole class. It's incredibly distracting. So it's not much of a surprise that students don't do well in these multicultural shit hole schools we have. Some of the best schools in the country are high percentage white.

Not being well-versed in American history, how American government works and how to be an active citizen is one of the reason why the American people are so subjugated into complacency.

I got paid as much as my American colleagues, I doubt you know what you're talking about senpai

Most people just learn that shit like an hour before the test and then forget it all afterward.

I would say more millennials more fraud makes even more sense.

Of course it does. Especially in light of how much muh jewish fairytales bullshit has gotten blown the fuck out in modern decades. Exodus is a total lie, Jesus almost certainly never existed and neither did Moses, David or Solomon. The most hilarious part though is that the flood myth isn't even the jews' - they just stole it from the Mesopotamians and chopped bits off of it.

Its not his fault that North East Asians are more intelligent than your average white american.

You'd have to keep music and art programs, it's the US' second largest export.

be damaging a lot of the economy.

So what are your stances on the H1B visas then?

What are you? How do you make it through the day with out accidentally killing yourself?

There is NO way you could watch the video and think what you do.

There's no way you're white. No way.

You're almost certainly an Asian, a Hispanic, or some other kind of filthy fucking immigrant. Who of course is come fully packed with its own superiority complex

Hang yourself waste

Students don't put what they learned in civics or government into practice. Some private high schools have field trips where students visit their state's capitol building, meet congresspeople and listen in during a bill proposal or something of the like. All super fucking as shit, but it's important to be involved in that.
The public schools can barely afford textbooks from this century.

banning Chinese immigration?
Hating East Asians in general?
Replacing the white population with pooinloos?

And you'd be wrong

asians have no concept of truth and love cheating.

Implying it's not the 100 million black and Hispanic students who have intractably low genetic IQs who make the schools bad. Sure thing bud, it's the administrators.

If you took out the blacks and Browns, America would be ties for 3rd worldwide in acerage IQ. And our colleges are the best in the world without question.

>Michio Kaku said HB1 visa immigrants aren't taking jobs from Americans because Americans can't do their jobs and he didn't say the solution is to fix our education system, he said the solution is use our HB1 visa to bring in immigratns who can do these jobs.
he's wrong.

He's right, you know?

>butthurt boomer faggot

Can't wait for East Asians to purge all filthy inferior IQ gaijin from this planet

You spurn out degree holders but that doesn't make them a capable software engineer or developer if they know very little about programming. The education standards have changed massively while the private sector's hasn't.

it's better to simply end the majors for these subjects but keep the classes open than let 170k history majors graduate every year to fill spots at fast food joints.

also, even after taking classes that address these very topics, you get sjw's and marxists coming out of universities.

lol in the same boat as your brother

he's right Sup Forums. we lost