en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost
youtube.com/watch?v=TpBbKUrHTQQ
youtube.com/results?search_query=hazeem al ra3d
youtube.com/watch?v=uNHCooopsXM
youtube.com/watch?v=hTT6MJfftak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then you shouldn't have posted.

B U M P

Do you think its fair the Muslims in the UK are caling for Sharia Law to be implemented in our nation? First of all your culture wouldn accept Western imigration if it was us needing help and second you wouldn't change your ideology to acomodate. Intolerance is rampent in your culture but the rest of the world must be sensative and lay down for you

If you can read Arabic, it would mean the world to me if you could translate this to english?

What is the penalty for apostasy?

>Do you think its fair the Muslims in the UK are caling for Sharia Law to be implemented in our nation?

What do you mean by fair ? They should be able to call for it, but if you are asking me whether or not it should be implemented, then no, atleast not in the current UK.

>First of all your culture wouldn accept Western imigration if it was us needing help and second you wouldn't change your ideology to acomodate

You don't know that, and making improvable assumptions is useless.

> Intolerance is rampent in your culture but the rest of the world must be sensative and lay down for you

Im not really sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate ?

The picture is upside down.

If we are talking about the act of just leaving the religion, without any other factors, its nothing.

lol sorry

>If we are talking about the act of just leaving the religion, without any other factors, its nothing.
What about leaving the religion and then heavily criticizing it?

As long as no treason is being committed alongside it, there is no punishment.

Still upside down mate.

Reminder that not all liberals support Islam. I voted for Obama and Hillary, and I can pretty easily say "Fuck Islam."

>no treason
What do you consider to be treason?

translate please

Hey I like chrono trigger too!

Its a university(more accurately, the agriculture part of it) writing an obituary of some sort for on of their dead professors.

At a basic level, what google defines it as :
the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.

IT was a good game mate.

>the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government.
So would it be treason to attempt to undermine Islam in an Islamic theocracy?

Did you enjoy the Vegas shooting ?

Not too sure, but probably not.

couldn't care less about the vegas shooting.

>Not too sure, but probably not.
Can you explain why the majority of Muslim jurists consider apostasy to be a crime worthy of the death penalty?

Do you have any pets? I heard muslims cant have dogs in their house or pictures of people any truth to this?

Source ?

books.google.com/books?id=HvrDWka4iRgC&pg=186#v=onepage&q&f=false

I dont own pets no, we are allowed to have cats normally, but you can only own dogs for work.

Eg : guard dog.

I cant find the citation the book is using, its citation #41.

Should people submit to islam

>Do you think its fair the Muslims in the UK are caling for Sharia Law to be implemented in our nation?

>What do you mean by fair ? They should be able to call for it, but if you are asking me whether or not it should be implemented, then no, atleast not in the current UK

LOL, are you serious??!! Any Christian would be beheaded as soon as anyone had word, and it would be broadcast online. don't play stupid.

should people be forced to be muslims ? ofcourse not.

Do I think people SHOULD be muslim ? yes.

Could you rephrase that ?

I heared, that muhamMad was a pig, thats why pig is a holly animal in pislam and thats why mudslims are not alowed to eat pork. Is that true?

>Do I think people SHOULD be muslim ? yes.
Why?

what type of bomb are you going to commit suicide in a cafe with

Thanks for translating that OP, it's bothered me for years. You're a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything!

>Allah Akbar

/Thread

STFU faggot

Because I think people who are muslim for the proper reasons live better lives, and get to go to the afterlife (assuming it exists, and islam is the correct religion).

Idk buddy, I just ask for the hand out.

Lol, anytime buddy.

GOTEM

What about pictures?

>Because I think people who are muslim for the proper reasons live better lives
By what reasoning and by what standard of "better"?
>assuming it exists, and islam is the correct religion
What if it isn't?

Reasoning is that the life of a muslim who follows most of the rulings is less worrisome and more fulfilling.

And if it isnt, then nothing of actual value was lost, you wont know either way once you are dead.

Forgot about that, IIRC you arent supposed to have pictures of things that would have souls assuming they were actually alive.

>Reasoning is that the life of a muslim who follows most of the rulings is less worrisome and more fulfilling.
Is it though?
>And if it isnt, then nothing of actual value was lost, you wont know either way once you are dead.
Two main problems with this:
1. There could be some other afterlife, in which case you would know it and could suffer horribly for being Muslim.
2. Even if there is not, you would have wasted time in the one life you had believing in falsehoods.

Yes it is.

>1. There could be some other afterlife, in which case you would know it and could suffer horribly for being Muslim.

Sure, but the odds are in favor of islam.

>2. Even if there is not, you would have wasted time in the one life you had believing in falsehoods.

Wasting time is bad because of the negative consequences behind it, eg, regretting the time you wasted, assuming there is no afterlife, its impossible for you to feel any negative consequence.

>Yes it is.
How so?
>Sure, but the odds are in favor of islam.
By what calculations?
>Wasting time is bad because of the negative consequences behind it
There are negative consequences on the world you leave behind beyond just the impact on your own life.
> assuming there is no afterlife, its impossible for you to feel any negative consequence.
So this life has no meaning except for where it impacts the afterlife?

How is Muslim a religion of peace when your very own koran says to murder and beat people? How is that peaceful?

Hey OP

Do most muslims take the heart the notion of things like magic and djinn being real?

Have you ever known a Muslim who claimed to be a sorcerer? Are those subjects taboo?

>And if it isnt, then nothing of actual value was lost, you wont know either way once you are dead.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

>How so?
Already answered this.
>By what calculations?
It is one of the few remaining religions that have not been thoroughly debunked, with islam being the one with least evidence against it.
>There are negative consequences on the world you leave behind beyond just the impact on your own life.
Sure but that does not affect you.
>So this life has no meaning except for where it impacts the afterlife?
What I meant was, as a dead person, you cannot have regrets.

Also, id like to point out that yes, assuming there is no afterlife, then this life is pointless.

I dont know if they do, but I do know that they should.

Ive never met someone claiming that, and yes, generally they are taboo.

Yes, but the cost of being muslim isnt massive, puny even.

>Already answered this.
Where?
>It is one of the few remaining religions that have not been thoroughly debunked
1. It has been. The Quran makes demonstrably false scientific claims.
2. What if none of the existing religions are correct? What if the truth has yet to have been discovered? How can you possibly factor that into your calculation?
>Sure but that does not affect you.
So you are purely selfish?
>What I meant was, as a dead person, you cannot have regrets.
How is that relevant?
>Also, id like to point out that yes, assuming there is no afterlife, then this life is pointless.
Who are you to say that? If I decide to give my life meaning, who are you to say that meaning carries no weight for me?

>Yes, but the cost of being muslim isnt massive, puny even.
So are the rewards, as measured by expected value.

Why do you fuck goats, rape women and molest children?

Because they're there.

>Yes, but the cost of being muslim isnt massive, puny even.
They seem pretty massive to me. So massive that I find I cannot bear them, in fact.

Sunni, Shia?

It's kinda disgusting that you still call yourself Muslim after everything.

I don't even go around calling myself Aryan and you guys have a LOT more skeletons in your backyard today.

At some point you have to distance yourself from the majority of your people inbreeding and causing horrific acts of violence on innocent people in countries that have not done anything but to aid you.

Not OP. To be religious is not something you can distance yourself from. It isn't something you can go without if you are very religious. I know all the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity and I disagree strongly on theology with many Christians. I still call myself a Christian.

I already said that you live a more fulfilled, happier life.

>1. It has been. The Quran makes demonstrably false scientific claims.

Give examples.

>2. What if none of the existing religions are correct? What if the truth has yet to have been discovered? How can you possibly factor that into your calculation?

I cant, but it makes no sense to take into calculations things which I cannot know.

>So you are purely selfish?

Maybe, but that doesn't play any role in what we were saying, you were asking me about time wasted, not affect on the world.

>How is that relevant?
How is it not relevant ? If you are right then you reap the rewards and if you aren't right, you cant experience any form regret towards that decision.

>Who are you to say that? If I decide to give my life meaning, who are you to say that meaning carries no weight for me?

You said that you give your life meaning because a life doesn't have any value intrinsically, what if the thing that gives your life meaning disappears tomorrow, for whatever reason, would your life still have meaning ?

Considering that the rewards are infinite, you are mathematically incorrect.

Sunni.

The fact that some muslims might have done some bad things doesn't necessarily mean islam is bad.

College of Agriculture in the university of Anbar eulogy to one of it's staff members.

>Considering that the rewards are infinite, you are mathematically incorrect.
This is why more people should take calculus. 0*infinity and -infinity+infinity are indeterminacies for a reason.

What is your favorite color?

As many muslim countries received iconic super robot genre anime from the 70s (Mazinger Z, Grendizer, etc), did you ever watch said anime as it was broadcast in your country (assuming you're in the Middle East)?
Also, do you think bad times ahead guy will ever return?

very triggered

Why choose Islam over Christianity or Judaism? What does it have (for you) that the other two do not?

Why do you think I'm triggered by math, that's bizarre.

>some muslims
>might have done some bad things
This is more than an understatement. This is straight up ignorant.

>doesn't necessarily mean islam is bad.
Go to Mecca and marry a cousin, more than half of the Muslim population follows this and other teachings of Mohammed related to incest/inbreeding which results in soft and easily manipulated low IQ minds.

From scientific tests half of your population has over the last 1400 years multiple generations of severe inbreeding.

Maybe that's why it's so difficult for you to see what's right in front of you and distance yourself from your current affiliations.

>I already said that you live a more fulfilled, happier life.
But you haven't expanding on how that is the case.
>Give examples.
Okay, here's one: "Then turned He to the heaven when it was smoke, and said unto it and unto the earth: Come both of you, willingly or loth. They said: We come, obedient. Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days and inspired in each heaven its mandate; and We decked the nether heaven with lamps, and rendered it inviolable. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Knower." - Quran 41:11-12.
At no point in time was the universe composed of smoke.
There are more by the way.
>I cant, but it makes no sense to take into calculations things which I cannot know
What does make sense is to say that you cannot know the odds of Islam being correct (other than 0% if it is demonstrably false).
>Maybe,
Clearly
>but that doesn't play any role in what we were saying, you were asking me about time wasted, not affect on the world.
It doesn't play any role? If you do one thing that wastes your time and harms the world and I do another thing that helps the world, is that not relevant?
>How is it not relevant ?
The rose blooms but for a short time and then withers away, yet is it not beautiful? The symphony must end, but is it not moving?
>You said that you give your life meaning because a life doesn't have any value intrinsically
Right. Even is Islam were true, life wouldn't have value intrinsically. You still must provide that value.
>what if the thing that gives your life meaning disappears tomorrow, for whatever reason, would your life still have meaning ?
That question would be impossible if that happened.

This is statistics and probability rather than calculus, but regardless, the expected value of a discrete random variable is the value * the probability of it.

Assuming that the probability of islam being correct != 0, then that will always equal infinity which means you would always take that bet.

Not really sure, I do really like light blue.

I dont know abou the anime, and I think bad times ahead guy as already returned.

Its more consistent.

I'm triggered, I'm a calculus student

>I dont know abou the anime, and I think bad times ahead guy as already returned.
Ah, that's cool. I've just always been fascinated with how much Super Robot anime the Middle East got and just how popular it is there. And did that guy return? I'll have to find out now...

I am currently an agnostic pagan
how long would it take me to convert to islam and get two 8yo wives and an 8yo mistress?

>Assuming that the probability of islam being correct != 0, then that will always equal infinity which means you would always take that bet.
The point is that infinity does not exist in the real world, it's an approximation for something really big. As the probability of islam being correct is also very small the expected value can be anything from 0 to infinity or any value in between, as shown in basic calculus courses. In numerical analysis this means it's unstable value so in practical terms it's meaningless. This is a good thing too, you don't give all your money who anyone to promises infinite rewards.

Why should I give a flying fuck about you and you backwards idology?

What do you think needs to happen for peace in the middle east to be realized?

Then why is every Muslim majority an oppressive shit hole with horrible human rights abuses and where women have no rights?

I think all the Jews must die.

Or something like that.

Google Muslim inbreeding.

Google effects of inbreeding.

Easy.

This boils down to the fact that you're more worried about the afterlife than what's happening right now.

So all the horrific acts of violence all over the world killing innocents and children is ok because in the end there's a chance your religion is right and you get your pay-day.

Infinity does exist in islam though, assuming you go to heaven, you live in eternity, and you get to ask for anything at anytime, thats an infinite reward.

I dont really know, people need to agree on things and be able to react properly to losing.

Because they were bombed consistently for the past 100 years, probably.

>But you haven't expanding on how that is the case.

Tell me of the current troubles in your life.

These things are so ridiculously vague that you can't take them for what they mean at face value, they have deeper meanings, which you can look into through the books of people who studied for decades to be able to interpret them.

>What does make sense is to say that you cannot know the odds of Islam being correct (other than 0% if it is demonstrably false).

I can't know, but that does not matter, as long as the chance is 0< then its a bet you should make.

>It doesn't play any role?

yes, we were talking about time wasted, not harm done to the world.

>If you do one thing that wastes your time and harms the world and I do another thing that helps the world, is that not relevant?

the aspect of harming the world is not intrinsic to the wasting of time.

>The rose blooms but for a short time and then withers away, yet is it not beautiful? The symphony must end, but is it not moving?

Not really sure what you are trying to say here.

>Right. Even is Islam were true, life wouldn't have value intrinsically. You still must provide that value.

Not really, if islam is true than the world was created with the intrinsic value of a test.

>That question would be impossible if that happened.

Rephrase if possible.

>Infinity does exist in islam though, assuming you go to heaven, you live in eternity, and you get to ask for anything at anytime, thats an infinite reward.
The probability of islam being correct is a function varying in the magnitude of the reward, that is the greater the reward, the less likely it becomes. If you insist on it being literally infinity (not physically possible, of course) then I will insist in the probability of it being literally zero. Now if you try to multiply 0 and infinity you get nonsense without further information, for the reason I said.

>Tell me of the current troubles in your life.
I have none that I am not equipped to deal with.
>These things are so ridiculously vague that you can't take them for what they mean at face value
What things? Do you mean the Quran? Is the Quran not supposed to have been inspired by an all-knowing, all-powerful God? Why would God be so ridiculously vague if he wants people to believe his message?
>as long as the chance is 0< then its a bet you should make.
1. We don't know that the chance is >0.
2. No, it isn't, as has been explained already.
>yes, we were talking about time wasted, not harm done to the world.
Time wasted is time not spent helping the world. Time wasted is frequently time spent harming the world. I would say that propagating Islam is harmful to the world.
>the aspect of harming the world is not intrinsic to the wasting of time.
See above.
>Not really sure what you are trying to say here.
That just because something is temporary does not mean it doesn't have value. Indeed, being temporary often gives things more value.
>Not really, if islam is true than the world was created with the intrinsic value of a test.
No, that value would still be subjective to the creator of the world (God) and it would be on any particular individual to agree or not.
>Rephrase if possible.
I seek truth as part of my meaning. If there were no truth, then would be no reality. If there were no reality, then you could not ask your question.

Any good line to pick up a muslim girl?

That would be a step in the right direction, I'm sure, but the muzzos all hate each other for one reason or another, too. I'm not really racist but they seem like an exceedingly angry people.

Muslim girls are only allowed to be with Muslim men.
Incidentally, Muslim guys can be with Jewish and Christian girls (as well as Muslim girls).

Dann any good site to know muslim girls?

Why is Islam so sexist? Genuine question, I'm not being ironic or sarcastic. I'm a progressive 21st century kind of fag so that bothers me a bit.

Created by 6th-7th century men.

>The probability of islam being correct is a function varying in the magnitude of the reward

??

The reward of being muslim has nothing to do with how true islam is.

>I have none that I am not equipped to deal with.

Are you seriously telling me that you know exactly how to deal with every problem in your life and still end up perfectly happy and fulfilled at the end of the day ?

I don't believe it.

>What things? Do you mean the Quran? Is the Quran not supposed to have been inspired by an all-knowing, all-powerful God? Why would God be so ridiculously vague if he wants people to believe his message?

Because he wants people to study it, if it is very easy for islam to be proven to be true, then where is the virtue in being a muslim ?

just speculation of course.

>We don't know that the chance is >0.

Sure, but I believe that the chance is >0, thus I take the bet.

>No, it isn't, as has been explained already.

It has been explained ? Please show me where, as I seem to have missed it.

>Time wasted is time not spent helping the world. Time wasted is frequently time spent harming the world.

What ? are you really saying that any second you don't spend actively helping the world is wasted ?

>I would say that propagating Islam is harmful to the world.

How so ?

>That just because something is temporary does not mean it doesn't have value. Indeed, being temporary often gives things more value.

How is that relevant to the fact that once you die, you can't regret a decision ?

>No, that value would still be subjective to the creator of the world (God) and it would be on any particular individual to agree or not.

Assuming islam was true, the fact that you reject it as the meaning of life does not mean that it isn't, because even though you might not subscribe to it, you will still be judged.

not enough space, will continue.

>I seek truth as part of my meaning. If there were no truth, then would be no reality.

most of the things you think are the object truth are not, because many many basic stuff cannot be proven to be true, like free will and such, you just take what personally makes sense to you and assume it is the truth, which most of the time is not the case.

Islam is not sexist.

Not OP, also muslim,
Anime was super big in the 70s-90s before censorship from religious and political parties, not just Super Robot shows, but totally wild genres, from Detective Conan to Hunter X Hunter to Ginga Sengoku Gun'yūden Rai being wildly popular over the years

(That last is even popular among arabs to cover the opening music, which was different and has 14 million views in arabic, people love it)

youtube.com/watch?v=TpBbKUrHTQQ

youtube.com/results?search_query=hazeem al ra3d

>Time wasted is time not spent helping the world. Time wasted is frequently time spent harming the world

clearly not the muslim dude but how in the fuck is me wasting time fapping harming the world? christ man, your psudo intellectual fedora tipping is retarded

OP here, I remember watching Conan and hunter x hunter as a child.

I asked you about Sunni or not.

I want to ask you about Job. You may be familiar with Job, the character in the story in the Bible. I have heard before that Job (sometimes I've seen it spelled Ayyūb). I have heard he is considered a prophet in Islam. If you don't know anything about the matter then that's fine but I was just curious if you did.

Continued

The popularity of some of these is super wild, the music for Hunter X Hunter's arabic opening (which is an arabic cover of the ending instrumental) pretty much shot the vocalists career into space among arabs

youtube.com/watch?v=uNHCooopsXM

So much so that at an unrelated concert for opera music years later the audience refused to leave if she didn't perform the song

youtube.com/watch?v=hTT6MJfftak

I know that he is a prophet and I remember the jest of his story (Patience and how his wife helped him, etc).

But not much more.

>Are you seriously telling me that you know exactly how to deal with every problem in your life and still end up perfectly happy and fulfilled at the end of the day ?
I'm telling you that I have the tools to meet every difficulty I am currently facing and any difficulty I could conceivably face in the future. If you want to say that Muslims always end up perfectly happy and fulfilled at the end of the day, then I don't believe you.
>Because he wants people to study it, if it is very easy for islam to be proven to be true
Why make it very easy to be proven to be false?
> then where is the virtue in being a muslim ?
Is knowing the truth not a virtue?
>Sure, but I believe that the chance is >0, thus I take the bet.
Do you believe that all other potential religions have a chance =0? If so, why? If not, why not take one of those bets instead?
>It has been explained ? Please show me where, as I seem to have missed it.
etc.
>What ? are you really saying that any second you don't spend actively helping the world is wasted ?
No, the reverse is what I actually said.
>How so ?
Islam supports faith as a virtue, which enables belief in any number of horrific things without justification. Belief informs actions and horrific beliefs inform horrific actions. Therefore, Islam enables horrific actions. I would not pretend that Islam is solely responsible for horrific actions, but it is a major contributor.
>How is that relevant to the fact that once you die, you can't regret a decision ?
Because the fact that you can't regret a decision after you die is a moot point.
>the fact that you reject it as the meaning of life does not mean that it isn't
Why?
>because even though you might not subscribe to it, you will still be judged.
So? Also, by what right does God judge you?

Alright. By the way, any suggestions for learning more Islam and its history? I am firmly Christian but Christianity and what we learn about our religion does not involve much history at all. I don't know if you guys learn much about your history but it's always been interesting to me.

>most of the things you think are the object truth are not, because many many basic stuff cannot be proven to be true, like free will and such, you just take what personally makes sense to you and assume it is the truth, which most of the time is not the case.
You are making a lot of unfounded assumptions about what I believe here.

>??
The point is that the more they promise you the less likely they are to be able to pay you. If I offer you one dollar out of random kindness you may think that's possible, if I offer you a billion you would doubt me much more.

>clearly not the muslim dude but how in the fuck is me wasting time fapping harming the world?
I didn't say it was, retard. Do you understand what "frequently" means?

Are all things vanity and a striving after wind?

Do you think they are?

So what's the deal with Mohammed marrying an 8 year old girl? Muslims don't consider him a pedophile?

Someone new to the thread:

So I have these things around my town. They're mosques I guess. Conservative place so guess that's why they're all called "something community center," "something Islamic place."

Do these sorts of places teach classes? I'm not looking to convert, I love Jesus. I just want to learn more and starting with books is hard.

In the Arab world, 40 to 50% of all marriages are inbred. In Egypt, 40% of the marriages are to a first cousin. In Saudi Arabia, 2/3 of the people who marry marry a close relative. And in Britain, the Pakistani refuges, 55% of their marriages are to first cousins.

data indicate that the risk for mental retardation in matings of normal parents increases from 0.012 with random mating to 0.062 for first-cousin parentage

That's 20% retarded kids for ONE SINGLE generation where Muslims have been doing this for something like over 1400 years so far.