Why am I not supposed to like this again?

Why am I not supposed to like this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ewBZ95Eun3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were never really any good, Blue is only half decent because of its tunes. As bad as what you posted is I don't hate it as much as Pinkerton though. The singles are dumb fun but every single goddamn song has an interlude where they play the vocal melody on the guitar instead of writing a bridge. The fact that a drummer that bad can get a job is pretty inspirational too

because some people have their head up their ass

because weezer is boring pop shit that's been done a million times

That doesn't matter. Like what you like, OP.

Don't Let Go and Island in the Sun are god tier pop songs
Everything else was filler

I GOT MY HASHPIPE

Le quirky indie band :-)

>Blue is only half decent because of its tunes
what exactly do you think an album is?
>but muh music videos
fuck off.

Island In the Sun is the only good song on the Green Album.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but Raditude is one of Weezer's best albums. "Love is the Answer" is the only truly bad song on Raditude.

i think weezer get's a lot of hate for no reason desu, all their shit sounds the same, i just listened to the first album at an impressionable age

Finally someone who also thinks this. Raditude is leaps above Green, Nake Believe and * H u R L e Y *

before or after?

Because it's literal pop music and has no artistic merit whatsoever

Yes, Raditude has many cringy lyrical moments, but the music does seem to have a bit more effort behind it than most latter day Weezer.

Red album bonus tracks are seriously underrated. Miss Sweeney, Pig, The Spider are all great tracks. King is silly, but still pretty good.

>yfw you realize every single solo on the green album is literally nothing more than the vocal melodies just played on a guitar instead

It's ok. It has some hits, and isn't as horrible as its made out to be, just a few steps back from Pinkerton because Rivers didn't want to pour his emotion in the same way he did before. Probably like a 6/10.

My theory is that after the commercial and critical flop that was the initial reaction to Pinkerton, Rivers became obsessed with making hits, and Green and, later, Make Believe followed. To my recollection, Maladroit didn't get the best reviews either, which descended him further into hit-making madness.

hold up, is the weezer drummer bad?

He wrote the worst song on Raditude and his song on Red is awful but he's fine.

His side-project is pretty alright youtu.be/ewBZ95Eun3Q

I'm surprised I noticed this as a kid and just figured it was the norm. Seems so lazy though

Weezer [DGC, 1994] :(

Maladroit [Geffen, 2002]

Down 35% on amiannoying.com, not because (thank you, Mr. Webmaster) they're less annoying or because they gigged as Goat Punishment or (who cares) lost their bass player to the Rentals. Annoying they were and annoying they remain. They're annoying because Rivers Cuomo is the punk Tom Scholz, a solitary genius in love with the big and precise. In Boston's arena rock, this made sense, although it was annoying. In Weezer's arena-punk (slightly more arena on this outing and less annoying as a result), it misses the point which from the Ramones to the Libertines has always been to achieve economy and concision while remaining just above the surface. Musically, that is. How Cuomo has managed to comport himself in other areas of endeavor I haven't a clue. C+

>Rivers Cuomo is the punk
Stopped reading there.

O Girlfriend is the best song on green