If you're a music student and you haven't sat down and listen to this entire record, at least four times...

If you're a music student and you haven't sat down and listen to this entire record, at least four times, then your musical education is willfully incomplete. Every composer should know this record. Everyone seriously interested in music needs to know it.

why

five times

feel the same about this album desu

hi samuel andreyev

hi samuel

because some online meme reviewer told you so in his thousand word mini-essay?

but what does that have to do with anything?
I know for a fact my brother has never heard it, and his job is composing music for a variety of sources. don't think it has hindered him so far.

>because some online meme reviewer told you so in his thousand word mini-essay?

I can ensure you im smarter than most people who praise this record

>at least 15 times

FTFY

this fucking guy.

>posting fucking Wikipedia articles to prove your claims
you BTFO'd yourself

surrealism is shit in all genres of art
inspiring, revolutionary, interesting, sure
but people dont listen to music to be challenged

Wtf is a music student?

>but people dont listen to music to be challenged
different people listen to different music for different reasons at different times

What tortured definition of "shit" are you using here?

heh a starbucks barista

Is there another album similar to this? I genuinely can't enjoy much music anymore because of this album.

They're trying to turn Samuel Andreyev into a meme. Don't enable them. And no, he's not Fantano #2.

Lick My Decals Off, Baby.

Other than Beefheart, I should clarify

Wasn't this album just a musical shitpost?

kill yourself brainlet

the shaggs

best Beefheart album coming through

Bruh he's an alt-right Nazi.

>doesnt know music theory
>tells other people to study this

I'm being cereal, please give recs

>people dont listen to music to be challenged

yeah, plebs don't

This isn't a 100% Sup Forums clone yet, so, I'm sorry.

>Has attended a music conservatory
>Is a composer himself
>Doesn't know music theory
Really takes the ol' noggin for a joggin'!

who gives a fuck

i'm cereal too, it's either that or math rock which

Samuel is that you?

Math rock seems to be overly complex for the sake of it though, from my experience. You should compose music with your brain, you should compose music with your feels.

*shouldn't

Yeah, a contemporary classical composer in his thirties is trying to turn himself into a meme on an anonymous image board. That surely seems reasonable.

i was joking, but as you seem so worked up about it i might suspect its you

Thats pretty badass then

I'm not mad, I'm trying to salvage what's left of this board and not fill every possible thread with shitposts.

i agree to an extent, i don't particularly like math rock but pic related is nice

but seriously, the shaggs is the closest thing there is to TMR, there's just nothing like it that i know of, although i've never searched for something similar, try google

>makes a post on Sup Forums
>expects meaningful discussion

The Shaggs? Seriously? I'm sure you're aware of the fact that they were incapable of playing their instruments and were forced to make music by their parents. On the other hand, musicians from the Magic Band had to invent new styles of playing their instruments, along with countless hours of practicing and memorizing the material.

Zach Hill made math rock? thats pretty cool

>wikipedia

i'm not saying it's the same thing, i'm saying that's as close as you get, that i know of

I understand Peterson but Crowder? For shame.

>le high iq beefheart's autistic screeching
shitty album made under the effects of lsd and once again beefheart's autistic faggotry.

Pleb alert everyone

activate thread lockdown

>made under the effects of lsd

I'll lose myself listening to tons of music, while you'll be still trying to find some sense on turd mask replica.

try US Maple

>implying high iq individuals don't lose themselves constantly to this masterpiece

I heard the beginning of three hair in long stages before the guy started singing. I probably will listen to it fully eventually though

>High iq

Sadly i'm the only high iq guy on this board, and from the top of human evolution i can say to all of you that this album is non-sense shit barely enjoyable under acid.

>people dont listen to music to be challenged

literally how new to music are you?

Old Time Relijun

i just did the same thing lmao, i'm actually searching right now because you made me curious about more albums like tmr

They're a fun band but none of their stuff is as complex or tight as the magic band, they're much more of a "punk" band even though they have a similar sound

I think now is the crossing point where people go from popular to underground music. The type that doesn't even have an extensive wikipedia page.

>I know for a fact my brother has never heard it, and his job is composing music for a variety of sources. don't think it has hindered him so far.

Does he actually not know the record or just doesn't care enough to listen to it?

>high iq
>doesn't acknowledge the beautiful compositions in trout mask replica
ya cant fool me, pleb

Not Avaiable - the residents

I was literally going to listen to this as my new scruffy-core album to listen to tomorrow. thx for rec tho

Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives

np, not available is every bit as brilliant as trout mask imo, and the residents were no doubt inspired by beefheart. They had a mentor/muse they called "N. Senada," and its been speculated that it was beefheart himself

i like safe as milk better, but both are pretty excellent

shit, that is some interesting speculation, although i doubt it. ima research that now.

this is definitely interesting

Is that a problem, pinko roadkill?

Maybe you should learn to tolerate opposing beliefs before a Challenger approaches ;)

>libtards are so triggered XD
>gets angry over bait
oh but you knew it was bait didnt you

Yeah, after listening to the residents it definitely makes sense that they'd be mentored by beefheart

indie rock is better

Why does the circumstances under which music was created affect your opinion of the final product? For all we know the whole "Shaggs didn't know how to play their instruments" thing could be an elaborate ruse and it could be an album put together by a musical mastermind.