Be 4th semester student studying Computer Science

>be 4th semester student studying Computer Science
>look around the classroom, like 30% of students are female
>surprisingly, most aren't ugly and are pretty cute
>my grade is only slightly above the mean

Fuggg, was the "women suck at STEM" thing just a meme? Are these hot stacie looking girls really better at computer science than me, a KV robot?

O are some of my fellow betas in the class secretly helping these girls with their coding projects (violating academic integrity)? I never suspected the ugly girls of cheating. It's always the hot ones I'm suspicious of.

Other urls found in this thread:

port.ac.uk/courses/engineering/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Computer science

That might as well be art history. When people talk about STEM they mean actual STEM, not memedegrees.

>STEM
>Science TECHNOLOGY Engineering Mathematics

But whatever, even if it isn't STEM it's still a major that has been stereotypically associated with pic related. Not some hot stacie looking girls.

there will be less and less the deeper you get into it.

There is always always going to be some cheating going on and we all know that guys can never cheat off girls

CompSci isn't a major that's stereo-typically related to pic related, that's the more advanced Engineering degrees. CompSci is what's typically associated with every retard who gets a degree because they think "I WANT TO MAKE VIDEO GAMES :DDD" while also considering themselves an "Ideas guy".

Not saying they can't, but why would some hot smart stacie ever agree to share code with some ugly male KV nerd? The other way around only occurs because the beta thinks it could get him laid.

This is related to the thread.
I have a great idea and I'm thinking of going to programming boot camp to learn C++, but C++ is super hard so I'm thinking of going to university or community college to get my GPA up, should I just skip it all and try and learn it myself or is there another option I'm not aware of?
I can either get into IT, painting houses, or learn C++ and work for a company while working on a video game that will be extremely popular based on how original and unique it is.

Depends on the Uni. If you go to some of the better schools the students are generally focused on landing careers at prestigious companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.

I know some people who fit your description though. You will find more of those at the lesser known institutions.

Dank b8 m80.

I am legitimately an ideas guy but they are private and I hope to work on them on the side, I need to learn C++ for the game but if I am to do that a nice career would be viable in order to get a house and a dirty blonde wife that would help me yield platinum super children from the next dimension

those people now just go to the game design major. its like a playpen for retards.

>ideas guy
fucking kek

>Being this oblivious

Help them and get your dick sucked. It won't matter in the end, they'll still fail.

Not all of them. See It's like they don't realize that teaching yourself C+/C++ was the standard for 10 years before universities realized they could charge tens of thousands of dollars to handhold them through it.

I'd like to make my own game from scratch, I've taken multiple art courses and can sketch and draw very well, the last step is programming because none of my friends know about that.
What helps is my friends who went to college for music and can play beethoven and the like.
So I got music and art down, I just need programming and that's it right?
I know there's entire teams who work on games but I'm willing to spend a decade fulfilling all the roles they do.
Don't make fun of me, I'm halfway through a comic that has the same level of art as Attack on Titan and it's super redpilled, my game idea comes from real life experiences that people who don't have as much balls as me aren't capable of understanding. but I'm sure people will like it, it's based off some other games.

Willing to be half of them were pushed forward to keep diversity quotas.

>being a beta provider before I even start my career

yeah nah

>C+

How much do you lot actually spend time programming? Because somehow lots of you get through the cracks not knowing how to program worth shit, get into an interview and then fuck up a print numbers from 1 to 100 or a fizzbuzz despite putting in your resume that you're an expert Java & C# coder.

>Isn't that the the language that comes after C and before C++?

if you're truly making a game you could just go to various sites and ask for help. people who want to break into games are everywhere. but yes the backbone of it all, programming, will always be scarce cause its no fun for most people. it's never been easier to self teach though, you can literally just download an engine for free and follow a tutorial on youtube.

Your full of shit 1 girl made it through my first year Calc class and she was a 5/10 at best. On the whole women don't want to work.

>>Computer science
>That might as well be art history. When people talk about STEM
>they mean actual STEM, not memedegrees.
This.
Try engineering. Real things.

Thanks, I might have to, I'll resist the pressure from my parents to go to college because it seems like such a scam to me.
I'll continue working my job and try to learn C++, years ago I tried it and I still have the book. It was hard as fuck and after the 5th chapter I was completely lost.
It's been a couple years now though and in the meantime I've learned C#, Javascript, Objective C, and Html/Css, so I think that all it took was for my mind to develop a little more.

No idea pham. There's no way anyone like that would make the cut at my school. Last semester in a required class we had 1/4 fail and have to take it over again. Fail 2x in a row and you're out of the major.

>computer science is a meme degree
Is computer engineering a meme?

computer science is the dumping ground of stem

t. computer scientist

It's actually a really good course. And he's 100% right

If you want to learn this shit, you're a lot better off teaching yourself C++ and some other shit, then looking for a job helping out the SysAdmin at the university than you are going to the same university as a Student. You learn a lot more cleaning up the messes than you do making them.
>Went to school with a bunch of the "I want to maek vidya games" crowd
>SysAdmin would take over their computers and fuck with them whenever he caught them playing games in class
>mfw the butthurt when he started spamming the with /hm/ pictures

CS is kinda a meme degree.

You can get a CE degree and get the same jobs a CS degree has, and CE is way more interesting imo.

CS in USA seems like easy math classes plus easy CE classes. Good for being a codemonkey I guess

Alright if you're an engineering major I'll give it to you that CS is easier. However it's still harder than any libarts degree considering how many fail out of the major at my school (I go to a LARGE school).

I had some econ major make fun of me for not going in to Computer Engineering and choosing CS instead. Like what the fuck maybe I don't find the idea of working with circuits very interesting, sorry. If I graduated in CE I'd probably just go the software dev route anyway. I just enjoy programming a lot more. Still took all the required math courses that engineers take, Calc I,II, III, Diff Eq, Linear Alg, Discrete Math, all that shit.

>sys admin
Please no. I've done that before, its a small step up from tech support.
I just want to make military grade automated gunpods.

>mfw I just remembered me and my roomate (both cs) helped out our cute neighbor with her cs homework and now looking back on it we probably did all the work neither of us got laid and she never helped us with anything and I'm only now just realizing this is the situation exactly as you just described

>I just want to make military grade automated gunpods.

Then why the fuck are you doing CS/CE? You should be doing Mechanical Engineering.

You're a sucker m8.

I know now

I figured CE would focus more on the software side, which is where i want to be. Reckon I should switch and just learn the programming parts in my spare time?

CE, ME and EE are in this link: port.ac.uk/courses/engineering/ If you want to check the curriculum.

SNITCH user

Targeting software for that kind of shit is open source and available on the the internet. You mean shit like the Sentry Guns from Aliens right? People do that for shits and giggles all the time.

>He fell for the computer science meme

Anything other than EE is for pussies.

Aviation major here, there's like 2 or 3 female pilots total in the program.

Women can be pretty smart, but men can be a lot smarter. Most men are lazy fuckers nowadays, so they don't stand out much. Most women that study at STEM degrees are organized.

So what's wrong with using it to get pussy? Are you this autistic?

>1 year into my degree
>realize that I'll be sitting at a desk with numbers and codes flying across my screen for the rest of my life
>breakdown and get into massive depression

I was sold this meme of the video game developer who has fun with his work..until I realize it's anything but that.

Yeah kind of like that I suppose. But I'd also like to build/work with something similar to car assembly line robots.

As much as I want to say you're wrong, you're very right. I am studying computer science and every guy wants to make video games.

the most attractive people tend to also be the smartest if they actually try

good genes gonna good genes

I made a C minus

>i had this breakdown at the age of 14

I do Law now