Motor/sp/ort - Respect the Bumps Edition

IMSA WeatherTech Championship and Continental Tire Challenge at Sebring; NASCAR Xfinity and Cup Series at Phoenix Raceway

>Radio Le Mans to cover all 9 rounds of VLN in vision and sound

>Entry List
racer.com/images/2017/March_1/IMSA/2017_sebring_iwsc_preevententrylist.pdf
>Spotter Guide
imsa.com/sites/default/files/event-weekends/2017/emedit_event_weekend/em_mobil_1_twelve_hours_of_sebring_fueled_by_fresh_from_florida/sg_17_seb_imsa_v2.pdf
>Live Timing
livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa
>Radio
radiolemans.0157.org/nplayer.php

Thursday, March 16
>IMSA Practice 1 1110 ET/1510 UTC
>CTC Practice 2 1410 ET/1810 UTC
>IMSA Practice 2 1515 ET/1915 UTC
>IMSA Practice 3 1930 ET/2330 UTC

Friday, March 17
>CTC Practice 3 0800 ET/1200 UTC
>CTC Quali 0830 ET/1230 UTC
>IMSA Practice 4 0920 ET/1320 UTC
>IMSA Quali 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>NXS practice, FS1 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>NCS practice, FS1 1400 ET/1800 UTC
>CTC Race Sebring 120 (2 hours) 1540 ET/1940 UTC
>NXS practice, FS1 1600 ET/2000 UTC
>NXS final practice, FS1 1800 ET/2200 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1945 ET/2345 UTC

Saturday, March 18
>IMSA Race Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida 1040 ET/1440 UTC
>NCS practice, FS2 1200 ET/1600 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS2 1305 ET/1705 UTC
>NCS final practice, FS2 1430 ET/1830 UTC
>NXS Race DC Solar 200 (200 laps, 200 miles), FOX 1600 ET/2000 UTC

Sunday, March 19
>NCS Camping World 500 (312 laps, 312 miles), FOX 1530 ET/1930 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

imsatv.imsa.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=fL0WYH4VWZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=k3nlWPMQTbg
youtube.com/watch?v=5PLZBz1trrI
youtube.com/watch?v=N_LmK6wu4_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Pinnacle of North American Racing Surfaces

Rebellion will surely beat them this time

Is practice streamed anywhere?

imsatv.imsa.com/

There's always radio but not always a broadcast for every practice session. Quali is streamed.

Will the Ford GT's continue their strong performance...well, at least having ONE strong car, and will they look like contenders to win LeMans again this year?

Will Cooper MacNeil crash his Merc AMG halfway through the race again like he did in Daytona?

Saturday is going to be a good day.

Who /ragsinabox/ here?

early contender for OC of the year

Important note about Xfinity race at Phoenix this weekend. It's a Dash 4 Cash race so all cup drivers are banned from competing

So basically. It's not going to be Shitty

>all cup drivers are banned from competing

So why isn't this in every Xfinity race yet?

Cup driver$ race in the xfinity $erie$ becau$e NA$CAR want$ tho$e $pon$or and ad $hekel$.

Except for, you know, both Dillons, Blaney, Suarez and Jones

those arent cup drivers

they are scrubs

muh "no one would show up to the race if they didn't get to see Kyle Busch or other NASCAR stars race"

Imsa TV stream is live lads.

Never mind, there was a Ferrari on stream for a few seconds but it's back to the splash screen now.

>WTR's No. 10 Cadillac DPi-V.R (1m49.888s) led the No. 5 Action Express Racing Cadillac (-0.215s) and the No. 31 AXR DPi-V.R (-0.482s). Rebellion Racing was fourth overall and first among the WEC-spec LMP2s (-0.714s)
I wouldn't be surprised if they're -still- sandbagging even.

Las Vegas ratings are down again. Don't know how much longer the tv people can stand this considering they created segment racing.

buh buh muh fight won't even draw any new views

Yeah TV audiences can't handle anything even slightly confusing.

Is this Sebring? Why can't those rich fucks in Florida pave the track?

Blaney can win. Screw those other guys.

>Why can't those rich fucks in Florida pave the track?
The motorsport world and manufacturers would riot. It's a shakedown track and great venue.

Being a shitty, suspension destroying, weld breaking, ass numbing race track is what makes Sebring Sebring.

Never seen a race at Sebring. Are the races streamed on the website linked above?

Bumpy race track sounds fun.

You're American, so no.
Either hope someone streams that stream, watch some shitty FS1 stream when it's actually on TV, or watch it on FSGo or FS1 yourself

>only four PEE SEA cars

Only 6-8 cautions guaranteed then

Considering the track condition and the lack of traction control on the PCs you might get some more anyway.

IMSA web site might have some streams from the cars, which are nice.

The conditions arent really any different than normal. All classes have traction control, only GTD has ABS.

At least no Krohn or John Poo but still Pooper MacNeil and the Lexuses.

Aren't AWD systems banned for all but the top classes (DPi/LMP1) in IMSA/ACO? The rules change so often it's hard to keep track.

Only LMP1H has 4WD. DPi is an LMP2 car with an engine swap and a body kit, and only as fast as an LMP2 car because the engines don't have to last as long.

reminder that this is the real winner of Daytona

lmao

I think the only people that would hate a repave are trackforum

24 bongs to sebring start?

Yes. If you can catch it, the Continental Tire Challenge 2 hour race later today is usually some very good racing.

>tune into the Mazda Prototype Challenge race
>Last 20 minutes all under caution

PEE SEA

Why aren't slow zones a thing in american motorsport? Full course cautions every time someone goes even remotely off the track are fucking awful.

Not sure either. We would appreciate something like a code 60 (mph) but
>muh adrenaline-filled restarts
and they couldn't get as close of races at Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen, and Road Atlanta.

Some of the tracks aren't built to get safety vehicles there as efficiently without the use of a FCY.

Yeah I kinda get that. I understand the FCY's for bigger incidents and stuff but sometimes it just feels unnecessary.

Is anyone else watching the Borscht cup race? the stream is really weird for me for whatever reason, it keeps jumping around 10 seconds back every now and then.

it's working fine here but LMAO that broken wing on the borscht and trying to take that full speed

Yeah it's fucked for me too

>MemeEnergy1 AMG on GTD pole
wew

>1:59.738

Impressive.

Glad to see they fixed the stream as well.

that slippy vette at the hairpin wew

How many yellows in pee sea qualifying?

They're all driving the tits off these cars

>ferd on pole
hmmmmmmmmm

Just realized they're calling P3 and Prototype Lites Prototype Challenge along with having the PC class in WeatherTech. Sheeyit

>fordwinslol

First On Race Day :^)

And Caddywinslol in the prototypes

>Pee sea actually exciting

wew

w-when is the next nascar race

Xfinity race tomorrow.

Cup on Sunday at Phoenix.

are you dumb?

>letting Pooper MacNeil qualify your GTD car when you have Saint Van Gisbergen on your team

svg is a hackfraud in sportscars desu

>Rebellion

YES
ABSOLUTELY BASED

Nah, that nigger can drive....

I guess that the team wants to get Pooper's minimum driving time out of the way as soon as possible so they don't have to put him in the car later

that's not a sportscar

youtube.com/watch?v=fL0WYH4VWZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=k3nlWPMQTbg
youtube.com/watch?v=5PLZBz1trrI

I've watched all those as they happened. I've yet to see him do anything in sportscars off the mountain.

CTSC green

for US outsiders
imsatv.imsa.com/

>That Aston

wew that was close

He managed a BES championship despite missing the last race

youtube.com/watch?v=N_LmK6wu4_c
"I'm just here so I don't get fined"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FUCK the press!

Retard. Sebring has literally always been like this.

I know

Evening qualifying is the dumbest shit

This qualifying format is boring in nascar. All the drivers wait until the end of the session. The first half is just cringeworthy commentary from DW.

DW is extra carefree tonight. I like how negatively Gordon responds to some of the things DW says. He's always subtly keeping Darrell in line.

>DW is extra carefree tonight
>they need a leprechaun hotdog

let them change tires during qualifying and problem solved

Kyle Busch is such a fag

That's an actual thing that PIR is serving on their concessions menu.

Real shit, does Kyle need to go on pills like his brother is?

Honestly Kyle probably has actual diagnose-able psychological issues. Kurt is just an angry fucker, Kyle is an arrogant whiny pissbaby who needs to run in lower series to boost his ego.

>Logano wins pole

Kurt's manic-depressive. I'm pretty sure some longform said he's been on antidepressants at least once.

>who needs to run in lower series to boost his ego.

Nigger scored 2 victories in his first full time season, and hasn't gone a season without at least one victory. He's currently over 50% for top 10 finishes in cup races, and over 70% in Xfinity races. He's only 32 years old, and already has 38 victories in cup, and probably has at least another 10 years of racing left, if he's lucky.

I don't think his ego is an issue at all, because the dude can drive like a beast, even though he does act like a douche from time to time.

The GT3 class (LM GTE in IMSA) bans all wheel drive systems. Even Audi's GT3 car doesn't have quattro. It's done for reducing the cost for the teams (reduce mechanical complexity) and the FIA wants AWD to be a rally thing, outside of LMP1.

>The GT3 class (LM GTE in IMSA)
GJ

what a dump!

the nigger can drive, but there's no reason for him to be in trucks at all, his cars are plenty fast.

He tried the whole KBM thing in Xfinity and went crawling back to Gibbs because he couldn't win. That's ego.

>He tried the whole KBM thing in Xfinity and went crawling back to Gibbs because he couldn't win
funny that Krut was the one who figured out how to take one of those cars to victory lane

>there's no reason for him to be in trucks

Sure there is, because trucks are different from Xfinity cars, and cup cars, and as a race car driver, you want to race as much as possible...unless you're fucked contractually like the F1 drivers. Part of the reason cup drivers run those lower tier races is because it allows them to run multiple races a week without having to travel to do it.

Hell, a lot of those guys still run dirt races.

Moonlighting in a Dirt series is much different that racing in a feeder series for cup. It's absolutely absurd the amount of racing he's done in the past in the past in the lower series.

bruh he just likes turning left who care

How dare those race car drivers drive race cars!

prepare to get fucked

Fuck... Jan has aged terribly.

>Florida
Funny thing is that it looks pretty much the same today.

>GT3 class (LM GTE in IMSA)

GTE is basically GT2.

The GT3 class in IMSA is GTD.

It's 12 hours, nigga. Qualifying doesn't really matter and it's more logical to let the Am drivers get their minimum time out of the way early.

Watched one of the nascar races last weekend while fucked off my nut and it was pretty fun, hoping it will be as entertaining this weekend. Who should I be rooting for tonight?