Yeah, we at Pitchfork love jazz. Coltrane, Davis... the list goes on

Yeah, we at Pitchfork love jazz. Coltrane, Davis... the list goes on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n5fH5Qa0ELg
web.archive.org/web/20040810055748/www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/coltrane_john/living-space.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

out of respect for scaruffi they put sinner lady at ~60.

but putting nico chelsea girl instead of marble index is just feminist top 40 tier

>instead of marble index

I think you mean instead of Desertshore

honestly if they were making a good list of best 60s albums then like 70% of it should have been jazz because a fuckton of god-tier jazz albums came out in the 60s and they were more influential than the majority of popular music albums on that list

out of curiosity, is any Beefheart on there?

I mean they got an Eric Dolphy album on the list which is somewhat respectable

reminder that this was a real review posted to pitchfork

youtube.com/watch?v=n5fH5Qa0ELg

desert shore was out in 1970

oh shit you're right, my bad

web.archive.org/web/20040810055748/www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/coltrane_john/living-space.shtml

>Beefheart
safe as milk ~80 can't recall and don't want to watch it again. It was as expected political agenda top.

where to find good jazz reviews

google

pretty much what you'd expect from any websites top 60s list

i'm happy nina simone got a top 5 spot though

>The two untitled tracks, "90314" and "90320" are not just crazy- assed, rabid jazz tunes, but California zip codes, as well.

um...ok

The White album being in the top 5 is fucking retarded

Shit, cat, it don't mean a thing.

You have to love these lists
Top 100 albums of all time
100-23. All rock albums
22. Kind of Blue
21-4. All rock albums
3. A Love Supreme
2-1. All rock albums

Like you can't just say it's the 100 best rock albums of all time. You have to throw in the two most well regarded jazz albums in for good measure to prove you're not a rockist.

she got like 5 albums if not more, why overrepresented considering that other great musicians have only 1-2 albums. I think alice coltraine or ela was also overrepresented due to bias.

The 60's was pretty much the peak of rock music, though. If they ever did a 50's list, there would be like at least 70% jazz.

>at least 70% jazz
and even that is underselling it big time

Doesn't matter to them, they had Ágætis byrjun on their top albums of the 2000s list

>Top 100 albums of all time
this list was top 200 albums of the 1960's, not of all time.

Is Hancock on the list?

is soul properly represented?

have we reached the point where stuff like love supreme is now bad

let me ask you something: what would you put on the list instead?

Hey it's OP

A Love Supreme is one of my favorite albums. Just pointing out that these lists are always just 99% rock with 2 or 3 uber-famous jazz musicians to create the illusion of diverse taste

Did ITCOTCK make it on there?

the 60s is obviously the peak of jazz, the pinnacles of which exceed anything from rock

Of course it's not bad. It's great.

But it's absolutely the pick of "Davis, Coltrane, the list goes on..." types of music fans.

NIina Simone at 5
Live the the Apollo top 10

just skimmed it so that's all i remember

Yeah it was in the top100. Disappointed they forgot about Red Krayola and that their top 10 was a dumpster fire.

No way. The 60's had some great jazz releases, but the 50s is just an absolute treasure trove of jazz music, and it absolutely dominated that decade.

50s was better for modal, bop. the 60s was jazz at its most boundary-pushing

Did that cartoon of their review ever go back up?

what is that?

I know most black are not racist, but snoop is maybe the most racist person on earth, he just hate white man. He represent.

Snoop's probably one of the few people who actually loves that smelly leaf, Nardwuar.