How has America never produced a world class footballer?

How has America never produced a world class footballer?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbssports.com/mlb/news/theres-about-18-minutes-of-action-in-your-average-mlb-game/
qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All the great athletes choose to play other sports here.

/board

>footballer

Pulisic m8

>

>Soccerer

No because we don't give a shit about some third world sport

because they somehow marketed soccer as paid activity for suburban white families like piano lessons

i would rather be a division iii football player than a world class soccer player

too many other sports of interest
terrible development infrastructure
luck

He's shit m8

you HAVE to go back, my friend

>we

>u wot m8

This seems to be quite true. Football is the easiest pick up game of all time barring fighting.

All you need is a ball. That's it, but it's seen as a sport for rich white kids or poor spics.

Still I don't care. Nfl is fun to watch and if they didn't play it, who would?

Alexi Lalas

The stupiest fucking meme, on pair with I DAHNT WACH SOKKRR CUZ DIVING HUH YOU KNOW DIVINH?? YAY DIVING I DONT WATCH CUZ OF THAT!

Our youth development programs are primitive, we have no idea how to nurture creativity and technical ability.

He is not even top-40 in europe.
I guess some of 2006-2010 squad of nt usa was better in his prime. The bald or buzzcuted one.

DELETE THIS

pulisic though

A pickup game of our football is quite easy too
It resemble very little of the pro product, but that doesn't really mean anything

He's better than any Mexican I've seen in my lifetime. Which isn't saying much because Mexicans focus on football so hard but have never produced a single world class player. Fucking subhumans.

as soon as any kid here shows promise, he goes into a real sport (unless he's a manlet beyond hope)

>Our
What?

Thete is no "yours" and in the world of globalization msl clubs are filled with people from all around the world and everyhing is pretty muvh the same from korea to chilie

Because they are shit

?

>He's better than any Mexican I've seen in my lifetime
He is not

Yes. And was another, ~5 years older than Dempsry.

JUST

Bradley

Landon Donovan

I was about field player. Probably Bradley, i dont remember much

This. Thread should have ended right there. Soccer hasn't yet received the proper and full recognition as a "serious" sport here, and is still seen as novel leisure game & extracurricular activity for people under 18.

Surprisingly, the only non-retarded about soccer in America that i've seen come from a foreigner came from Spain, of all places.

Yes! He is the second!

(When i wrote "Bradley" i meant him)

SUCK MY SHIT UP

in terms of american players who have actually done things on the national level and overseas, it's pretty much bradley, dempsey, donovan, howard, mcbride, reyna, and friedel.

pulisic is already a better prospect than any of them were though

But it's not Anatoly. Soccer has never been truly big here, not even during the pathetic marketing attempts of the 70s that saw Pele play here.
Unlike all your countries, there is no self-sustaining "cultura futbolistica" in the US.

This is actually sad, he was so promising.

Why not use more blacks in soccer like you do in every other sport except maybe swimming anyways??

John o Brien was quality. So was mathis

/thread

Cherundolo, Bocanegra and Brian McBride were good

Donovan was great in his prime

Roast solo

>this entire thread and all its posters
Why would any nonretarded person anywhere expect the US to produce even a soccer player when all the other four sports get the lion's share of funding, and soccer being merely an afterthought everywhere, from elementary school through college?

>even a decent
fixed

Has Australia, India, south Africa etc. ever produced a world class footballer?

Christian Vieri, Aron Winter, Ousmane Dabo

indeed

I remember him raping Brazil once

>The 'Wall Street Journal' has run the numbers and found that your average MLB game is a 90-percent standing around. Over at the Wall Street Journal, they took a stop-watch to three MLB games of varying overall length and found that the average three-hour game includes less than 18 minutes of actual baseball action.
cbssports.com/mlb/news/theres-about-18-minutes-of-action-in-your-average-mlb-game/

>The NFL's popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.
qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play/

TL;DR: Amerifats are incapable of playing a real sport that requires athleticism.

Sunil Chhetri

>WAAAAHHH WHY DON'T THEY WATCH OUR SPORTS PAY ATTENTION TO US!

Why are all these faggot inbred eurogays and their pet shitskins so worried about soccer in this country?

>there is no self-sustaining "cultura futbolistica" in the US.
because ameirican exceptionalism
american exceptionalism and chauvinism means you sit in your nfl, nascar, nba, muh march madness etc and dont care

>that flag
>that post
you have to go back

And why is that such a problem to the rest of the world? You seem oddly offended by American indifference to the rest of the world.

>faggot inbred eurogays and their pet shitskins

don't know why that made me kek

>footballer
>futboler

ITT: BSAs pls watch our sport

he's right though

too many browns in our country

>who is Marquez
>who is Sanchez
Chickarita was a top class striker for a few years too

I never see people complaining that Aussies mostly about Aussie rules and the Irish care mostly about Gaelic football, but God forbid America cares mostly about its own sports and all of a sudden it's a tragedy somehow.

Divegrass has always, ALWAYS been seen as a commie sport and for gay people, like literal faggots. Plus we didn't have domestic league until FIFA forced one in 1994. So basically 25 years of divegrass, and we've come within seconds of beating TSUUUUnaldo, a set piece of beating Belgium. Further then England and Mexico have gone in recent WC. Constantly topping concacaf. Not too bad. Also our best athletes choosing other sports. Odell Beckham apparently got scouted to play in Europe at like 13, but didn't want to leave USA.

third world countries have produced great players with a tenth of what the US has spent on youth development

Because you would never even think of forcing down your culture and sports down our throats...

>muh London NFL franchise

We have, they're all women.

Shit league

Is it really that hard for you to believe? Even here in california, the mexican capitol of the world, the chicanos choose to play american football.

>get rekt with a sentence fragment
MEME! MEME! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

You seem to be implying that Americans want NFL games in europe. We don't want to wake up at 5AM just to watch our teams play the fucking Jaguars.

Shahid Khan (paki who owns Fulham FC and the Jags) is the one that is pushing the expansion

You have to go back

What happened to that young black kid who was meant to be awesome? Amoo or something?

Adu? I think he still plays. He was from Africa

Same reason Britain has never produced a world class ice hockey player; no one in Britain cares about hockey.

Why do we need this thread every week?

Freddy Adu! That's the one.

Who are Tim Howard and Brad Friedel?

Gay sport for gay men

And 10x the genetically gifted youngsters the US has interested in soccer

the MLS is filled with high school punters

Good call

Claudio Reyna

>playing for rangers
>world class

>Because you would never even think of forcing down your culture and sports down our throats

Yes, we dont want to force American sports on other people.......................Either you're agreeing with me or you're trying to say something else are handicapped only by poor English

More like
>playing for USA
>world class

This. I will never for the life of me understand why these threads are made by obsessed non-Americans. I mean what do you want people here to do? Suspend all football and basketball programs and start taking soccer seriously?

Bc they dont have the superior manlet metrosexual ballerina genetics of these homosexual modern Europeans.

Or a world class Baseball player.
Or a world class Football player. (both handegg and soccer)
Or a world class Basketball player.

Nah, they could be good. They just care more about their black bulls playing basketball and handegg (blacks kinda suck at football)

it's been said plenty of times on here before. even e-spin years ago.

Tom brady

Bhai!

We were actually pretty good in the good old days. Shame it didn't carry. Now we have started paying attention again. Our u17 team has some good prospects. Next batch is going to be better.

oh! is this thread again, thanks OP you and your thread are a real contribution to this board

Soccer is a female sport in this country

>300 million people
>not a single half decent athelte in the most popular sport on Earth
you have no excuses

Let's say only 1% (you actually have way more than that) of your population cares about that sport, and that's 3M people. Just like the Uruguayn population, and they can produce good players

>185cm
>manlet
this meme is going to far