Basement OP

Basement OP
Its getting cold where i live and the basement feels like Antarctica

21 y/o that lives in a basement- AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

blairco.org/blaircounty911/Pages/default3.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

An electric heater, can you afford?

for sure- but as you can see my walls are kinda jank. Its like blowing air into an inflatable with a hole in it- its not particularly helpful. It also raises the electric bill which i already get bitched at for.

Currently in sweatpants and a jacket just to be comfortable.

Why are you in the basement and not in the actual house?

Jews. Your thoughts?

Do you know approx. what temperatures it reaches?

because i have made some bad choices in life- compounded by where i live. Finding a decent job around me is kind of a bitch. I blame only myself though and im working on it.

awh jeeze goyim- the jews arent that bad. I don't really mind people of varying races or religions, as long as they dont mind me being who i am.

lately its been hitting like 29F in my basement- and we arent even in the winter months. its cold as fuck and i dread when snow starts to fall.

I don't know Fahrenheit to well but I know that below 0 in celcius, which means water become ice

How much you pay for rent

$500 a month because my father is a cocksucker.

couldn't you move out and pretty much pay the same?

He probably doesn't have to pay bills.
But still, unless he wants to live with his family for whatever reason, probably worth finding a shitty appartment for far less than 200 a month.

yeah- ive talked to some 'low income' appartment people, its pretty much on a wait list. im just biding my time until that actually happens. He isn't the worst guy but he expects me to help front the bill for alot of his stupid decisions- its a long story but basically he fell way behind in his bills after he bought a shitload of coke and almost died from it.

i pay my internet bill. other than that, i dont really pay bills. i assume he factors in my electric into his "rent" numbers, but thats still a good bit for my only space being a basement about the size of a jailcell.

Also its kind of a bitch to be able to save up anything to move out on.

I have a pretty shitty job and at most ill get MAYBE 750 (on a super good month) and with 500 flat coming out- plus the 45 for my internet it really doesnt leave me much to save. After buying food and stuff i usually walk around with 30ish in my bank account-- that has to last 2 weeks.

>accepting people for who/what they are
WISDOM

you have to buy food too? Well that sucks.

indeed- so im kinda just coasting at this point hoping for something to happen. I have made steps to try and move out, i just have an issue leaving my sister here. She currently doesnt even have a room and sleeps in the living room- if i move out i wanna make sure she can come with, and its about a month from her 18th.
>no i wont post a pic of sister

Backstory on this whole debacle- me and her lived with my mom- my mom became a huge herion addict forcing me and my sister to squat at houses- we eventually got in touch with my dad who hadn't talked to us in years. We moved up here to get away from the hard drug life-- We had them negros skulking around our house and shit because my mom owed them cash-- turns out my dad also did coke, and shit just went south.

no other family?

alot of my other family regards me as my mothers child- they think that if they would take me in/help me out i would fuck them over in some way because thats what my mom spent her whole life doing.

At this point the only one i see as true family is my sister which is why i cant just ditch her here.

>
That's a tough break. Could your sister and you pool some welfare benefits, together with your income, and get a shared apartment that way?

me and her both work at the same place- we make enough to support ourselves, kinda just waiting for her to turn 18 so she doesn't have to go through a whole emancipation process to get away from her parental guardians

What country/state/province you in Sup Forumsro?

Nigger, get some fucking paneling over that blue board.

Ah. That would be troublesome, I guess.
You don't want to out your father when it comes to substance abuse, is that it?
I guess I could understand that.

Get a rug for the floors and the walls yes I said walls will keep the damp off the wall

Pennsylvania/ united states

I live in deep amish country which is why the job market out here is kinda garbage. i work somewhere 3.5 miles away from my house and have to walk there a decent amount. Im just trying to maintain optimism and slight happiness. I have issues with depression, but i try not to let it weigh me down.

yeah- people are gonna be dicks, thats been a constant wherever i reside. i don't wanna sell him out, he has a new wife and 3 other kids that depend on him- i have no room to toss him under the bus because i failed to do better in my life.

i have a rug though.
nice trips- but nah im not putting any more money into this garbage room, if you read through the thread you'd know i dont even really have the cash to do that.

Hey basement Sup Forumsro is back, why don't you get a propane heater they are cheap and work fast

Well - at least the walks help you keep fit. Not easy work, if you're blue, You shouldn't let it weigh you down - it's just your caveman-wired brain trying to get you to learn from your mistakes. That's the reason that failures fill our minds that much more that equivalent successes. Did you know that?

Also the whole blue board thing- the back COULD be panneled, but i dont think the side could- its kinda just free floating, no support behind it. its held up with that foam caulk shit and duct tape.

Well you better do something, you're breathing in fiberglass insulation fibers you doofus

do you like to imagine you're a cave troll when no one is home?

Thats a good piece of info Sup Forumsro ill be sure to remember that. Makes me feel exponentially less crazy for dwelling on the bad shit a decent amount.

Thats probably a good idea. i just kinda have covers on standby along with warm clothes. if it gets super bad- ill pay more for electric so i dont freeze. Thanks for the concern my nigga.

how so? i dont doubt you but the blue board is a foam material and the caulking is also a faom material.

You talking about the bit of insulation i have in the back?? how dangerous is that and should i be concerned?

Well you could always do the poor person thing and just put some kind of fabric (blankets or whatnot) over it, just grab some tacks or staples.

Nah- i got a computer with internet, that keeps me pretty occupied now. When i didnt have decent internet i did just kinda sleep all day and want to kill myself because i felt useless and alone.

I'd say maybe gather a friend or two and head down south to like florida. Can always get somekind of job down there. No cold. Got a friend that did it recently and its working out

Unless you sleep in a tyvek suit and a hepa mask yeah, you should be concerned.

Have you ever been convicted of a serious crime? If not, why not try to get some kind of civil service job.

Goddam this shits pathetic. Wtf is this gay ass thread. Fuckin normies

only crime i got caught for was underage drinking.

i live in amish country and dont own my own vehicle- so i kinda just work with whats in my 5 mile radius so i can walk if need be.

What county? I may be able to help you out here

Glad to be of some help!

About the propane heater... There's just the hitch that gas heaters cause condensation.

3edgy5me.
Im the basement op guy- i break the samey-ness of the board. Sup Forums isnt like it was back in 2012 and before.

>the lip piercing
>the hair
>the shitty beard
>the weight
Clean yourself up, take out that faggot piercing, start working out like you mean it and dress formally. Life will start picking up in no time

blair county pa my dude.

Oh yeah for sure- if i make my physical appearance better, everything will just fall into place.

blairco.org/blaircounty911/Pages/default3.aspx

Boom.
Consider a career in EMS and/or emergency service dispatching. The pay isn't great when you're starting out, but there is room for advancement and if you choose EMS it opens up a world of possibilities.
This is exactly what I do on Long Island.

Well. Let's keep at the constructive aspects. I guess the work you're doing and would have luck getting is so-called "unskilled labour", right?

thanks dude- looking at the link now. much appreciate the legwork.

i suppose thats what it would be called yeah. ive worked remodeling before. like i said im just working with whats in my direct vicinity right now.

gonna print out the app next time i go to my friends with a printer. Maybe do it at work today since they have one. Thanks alot my dude.

>Update
What about something like being a substitute teacher for a while?

don't you need some clearances and college for that. I plan to go to college even if im 30 when it happens but haven't been able to go yet.

No problem. I sincerely hope it works out.

Have you looked at the "indeed" job portal? There's some unskilled labour on there. An electrician's helper, for example.

i have and filled out a decent amount of applications from there. Im very limited in my area of working- there are alot of jobs in the 20 miles outside where i live due to there being a decent city- i just have no reliable way to make it to and from the job.

Currently i have a job that i can walk to and from- yeah 5+ mile walk isnt that bad- but its not something i want to do everyday before and after work.

I guess you don't have any viable bus service to and from the city, either? As my limited understanding goes, Pennsylvania is a fairly rural state. Is that right?

very- and i live in the heartland of ruralness- we still have horses and buggies on the road here due to the huge amish/Mennonite population.

I second the guy who suggested EMS work. Becoming an EMT - Basic takes one semester of college training. The pay is lousy, but it teaches extremely useful life skills that (assuming you make a good impression at the first job you get and can get references) virtually guarantees future employment. Plus it's a field that exists in every county in the entire nation, so you can move with it. The licensing process is national so moving state to state is easy.

Once you can move, shit gets a lot easier. Live somewhere nicer, try moving up to paramedic. That's 1 additional year, and opens up a ton of new avenues for advancement. I know an EMT in my county (rural far northern california) who has been in the field 8 years and makes $75,000 a year.

On a last note, definitely stick with your sister. Sounds like you two are each others most reliable rock in life at this point.

Wow! I guess you need to learn how to ride, and hitch your horse by your place of work, then!

>awh jeeze goyim- the jews arent that bad. I don't really mind people of varying races or religions, as long as they dont mind me being who i am.
stay in your basement until you grow some sense:)

maybe you should live in a basement until you learn to be a decent person.

As far as the internet goes ill be the most racist asshole on the web- but thats my approach in real life, If someone doesn't give me a reason to hate them, WHY would i hate them you ignorant troglodyte

dude he's asking you to pay your rent and that's great parenting right there
be happy you have such a responsible dad who doesnt mollycoddle you into being a lifelong worthless baby but instead encourages you to be self reliant
other than that your temperature issue is a serious one so you need to get a fix for that
you need at least 15°C at all times

i'll enjoy my 3 homes and 17 garages i inherited while you freeze your balls off, you shitskins apologist

also you'll realize how dumb you are once of those apes screws you sideways, although you look like you would love that

Why don't you hang some carpets on the wall? Just like the russians. You don't have to use the same carpets as them, though.

yeah dude- great parenting is having a coke induced heart attack and then blaming your kids- your right.

>some black people are garbage- means ALL of them are garbage
Flawless logic smart guy.

i have covers and shit over the doorway to my room. i cant be assed to make any more alterations to this room as i know itll be ripped down as soon as i move.

It doesn't require college. EMT-B is a certification course. Some colleges offer it and you get credits for it.

Paramedic is the same thing but it's a prerequisite that you are already an EMT-B