So I'm six months in from quiting alcohol

So I'm six months in from quiting alcohol.
I lost my home my family and any respect that anyone had for me.
Physically I feel one hundred percent better, but I keep remembering the way I was and the pain I caused to the people who cared for me.
It's haunting to say the least every minute of everyday I think about it and get very little sleep.
One minute I can be fine and then a song or tv show triggers my emotions I've tried to hide for years I'm thinking about the third option.
Anyone else had experience with this shit

faggot. no one like a quitter

those are called feelings. they suck. its a side effect of quitting alcohol.

>hurr durr I quit alcohol after so many years I'm a better person now I swear!!!

How old are you user what did you loose etc etc bring this story to life

Yeah I know I have to deal with them, but it's overwhelming.
There's no way I'm going back to drinking so I guess I'll have to try to cope.
It's almost like flashbacks that I get sometimes, or I'll dream about my past life before I fucked it all up and it feels real.

No I've quit to try to rebuild bridges and hopefully give back to the people who tried to help me when I turned them away.
I couldn't give a fuck about myself, but I don't think my family needs to see me hospitalised and an embarrassment due to self pity amd cheap vodka.
There's no chance that I will ever be like I was before the 12 years of self destruction.
Alcolism is a slow building addiction and can quite easily happen to anyone.

I'm 37 I lost my partner of 10 years my home and my business (joiner /plumber) 2 vans and 2 staff.
I had everything I needed in life but that's gone now due to being a selfish bastard.

>triggers
Are you saying you have ptsd? Fuck off and grow some balls.

I never stated that, you wouldn't understand unless you have gone through shit like yourself.

For what it's worth...

My therapist suggested I attend an AA meeting so I did. I listened to stories of people who lost EVERYTHING... family, businesses, homes, friends, you name it... just from drinking. It was enough to get me to cut back.

But all these people survived and so will you.

You still own me $549 Jonny you drunk

Thanks man, I attended meetings now and then, it's when realty hits it gets worse looks like I'm in for one hell of a ride.
Going to go see about anti depressants Friday hopefully I can get some splice from this fuck up of a life

Maybe try to talk with people of your old life.
And don't mind what they say about your past

are you sure it was the drinking that drove everyone away? no one likes someone who blames their down falls on everything else.

Yeah, fuck trying to better yourself

@747094131
A shot would make you feel better

Keep it up man, I had to marry a social worker to quit doing drugs and drinking. You got this.

oh my fucking god, get over yourself.
>boo hoo feel sorry for me because I'm a fuck up no one likes
>YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY PAIN, I HAD AN ARGUMENT ONCE AND IT SCARRED ME

no wonder you're a drunk, I would be too if I was insufferable as you.

grow up seriously shut the fuck up and leave

>bettering yourself includes blaming all your misgivings on something you do, as to not take any personal responsibility for all the dumb shit you do

yeah totally.

Smoke some pot or do some heroin and you’ll feel better

Thanks user.

Shit mate, you are making me feel good about myself lol

Seriously though - you took control. Good on you for that mate well done

I'm trying, everyone gave up on me there's only so many chances you can give tbh.
Now and again I'll speak with my farther but that's it.
I just want to make up for the shit I put them through but as I was wrecking my own life I never had time to think about others life's I was ruining.
I may sound like a faggot for saying this but don't drink at all if possible.
It just sets in to be the norm, at one point I couldn't eat without a drink or play vidya or anything really as it never felt the same as when I were drinking and also I couldn't fuck unless I had some quantity of alcohol in my system.

Thanks man much appreciated