playing video games instead of practicing

don't ever insult me like that again

Transposing to what?

Good overdrive pedal? No clue where to start

geetah

SD-1 is fine

WHATEVER YOU WANT SAMUEL

if i was sam i'd be posting shitty playing and singing

EHX Soul Food, hands down. Fulltone OCD is a close second.

no...

Women can't into guitar. Posting Asians further proof the fact.

what's /gg/ opinion about ESP LTD ec 401? You think it's worth buying?

no

Yet another Les Paul copy. Why don't you buy the real thing instead? And that's suitable for your skill level. epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-SL.aspx

idiotic bridge

how underrated is ray toro

LOL.

Bridge? The bridge in this 99$ guitar is top notch. How does it differ from that ESP copy? And you are that faggot who never bothers to use capitals properly and you post that stupid cover song all the time. What's your excuse?

>How does it differ
esp is tunable

>tfw can't play this
songsterr.com/a/wsa/my-chemical-romance-dead-tab-s22510t0?c=144944

>an Epishit gay blue

are you for real or just baiting?

can someone here help me find a song that I can't remember? I can only remember the intro and it goes like this
Two G chords, then an A on the high e string, then G, Gb, G, Gb, D, and back to Gb. I can't remember how it goes after that or what the name of this song is, please help

Hotel California. That's what you should be playing or maybe it's Stairway To Heaven.

>hour between posts
/ded/

Looks like we won't have to kick you out of the band for having a blue guitar.

Found the shill!

Which one is your favorite Youtuber? They are all so talented, especially Jared. Omg he's so cute.

I haven't heard of any guitarists named Jared. Is he better than Rob Chapman? (There's no way he's cuter than the Monkey Lord.)

Chappers is probably most talented guitarist on Youtube. And he manufactures his own guitars in Indonesia. Talk about using old colonial countries as cheap workforce, I wish I was such a capitalist.

How do I make noise rock? I want to be able to mess around with feedback and drones and stuff but am clueless. Also do you guys use any open or alternative tunings, particularly ones with dissonance?

hey /gg/
what are some good stretches to avoid fucking up my hands

You don't need open tuning for anything. You do have an electric guitar and amp? Do you understand how overdrive and feedback work?

Why don't you google you fucking idiot. As an adult, if you don't know how to stretch your fingers and hands...you are fucking ignorant little cunt.

christ settle down there dave sounds like your blood sugar is a bit low

Helpful thanks user :)

how can you upgrade a cheap guitar and make it feel and sound like a more expensive one?

pickups mostly

there is no reason to be so upset friend

way huge green rhino

I'm always glad to help dummies. Distortion, volume and gain = MAX. There you go with feedback.

I need beer/herion to feel relaxed it's not easy to play Megadeth songs all the time you fuck

Thanks I'll be calming down soon

What drives me fucking insane is my hair needs washing two times a day and applying conditioner and everything is so expensive

>my hair needs washing two times a day
have you tried not being a huemonkey?

What the fuck is "huemonkey"? Only a retard and lazy millennial phoneposter uses a term like that. You don't even bother to use capitals you fucking cunt.

t. 19 years old

>Sup Forums

i was planning to start playing the bass but i cant even decide if i want to get a precision or jazz type bass, which are the main diferences and what should i get to begin with?

For how long has Dave Mustaine been here? He went from fangaying to LARPing so quickly

If you start out I'd recommend getting 6 string fretless bass. It might take bit more extra work but in the end you'll be better than anyone else.

heres the previous riff with hihat it is mostly in time now
clyp.it/r3y1njbc

boss blues driver

Could someone lay a drum track for me, I'm working on new speed metal song. Tempo is 168 bpm. It's 3 and half minutes long. Thanks.

ow, the edge

youtube.com/watch?v=4gpe5cAkIo0

Skychord Electroncis TruckLoud
Collins Harmonic Percolator
Crowther Audio Prunes and Custard

both of those are leagues more interesting than those generic suggestions so far

you might also check out the Lastgasp Art Laboratories Steroid O.D.

Smallsound/BIgsound Fuck OD is pretty unique with its Crackle feature

Wren and Cuff Mercy Phuk pairs great with muffs.

why, i want to play the bass not the guitar and also, arent the finger posistions different?

Finger positions are same. You put first finger on first fret and it plays a note. You put second finger on second fret and it plays a note. You put third finger on third fret and it plays a note. You put fourth finger on fourth fret and it plays a note.

i meant the notes from a normal 4 string bass to a 6 string, i understand fretless may be better maybe not but i dont know shit about basses. and i also want to know the diference as i stated here
between the precission bass and jazz bass, whats the diference and what seems better for a noob like me?

Jazz bass are more versatile and aesthetic

youtube.com/watch?v=rbtoVdukElg

youtube.com/watch?v=Adsdj66MyyE

youtube.com/watch?v=YqA8tfc89Bo

youtube.com/watch?v=GNlKp0Laktk

Julian Lage is amazing technically, harmonically, melodically. Examples of his playing and a little workshop. Highly recommend all aspiring guitarists, or any other musicians check him out.

youtube.com/watch?v=XnXC4R8spD0

ANother of Lage with Nels Cline of Wilco. Id reccomend starting 41 minutes in

This guy is homosexual, it just oozes off him. Nothing bad though but he likes to dress in women's clothes. I like the way he plays...

I get similar vibes because of the way he talks (check out the workshop) but he has been playing since he was 5 and was a child prodigy. He was the subject of a film when he was 8, about his playing obviously.

Looking at these videos makes me want to get aucoustic guitar. But I don't know, they are too loud.

you don't think his gf is qt?

All I know is that she's using backing tracks to "perform". Just like every female guitarist. They just can't play.

He calls her his dearest. Saw on instagram, sweetest guy.

dynamics is all up to you friend, if you have an electric already and the money for acoustic, go for it. It will definitely improve your playing and your strength, give you new ideas, etc.regardless of skill level.

youtube.com/watch?v=bMMnmAipceU&list=RDbMMnmAipceU

youtube.com/watch?v=vAzMZBjF6Tw
Posted wrong video but this one was what I was supposed to post. This is so great on many levels.

She has such a weird mouth/jaw. I bet she was an awkward uggo in high school with shit skin that had to learn to play guitar, jack up her tits and wear 5 pounds of make up to get any attention.

barchordes

When you look at her facebook photos it looks like she has done plastic surgery on her rib cage too. Lot of trannies remove one or two lowest ribbones but it looks like she has done so as well.

oh, ok seems legit

FUCK. RIP in John Abercrombie. One of the best to ever do it,

He lived quite old. I thought everyone in Jazz scene were heroinist or at least an alcoholic.

I'm selling tons of my gear that I never really used, what a waste of fucking money.

What are you selling? What are you keeping?

I have a bunch of old guitars I have laying around for sentimental reasons (they aren't worth anything). Kinda sick of them taking up space. I seem to accumulate shitty practice amps too.

oh my

I'm keeping my 2 main basses, my fretless bass, my electric guitar and my acoustic guitar.
I'm selling my electric upright bass (stupid idea) and my 6 string bass and a bunch of effects that I never use.

hey. is it not rumors?

nah he's dead.
72 is still pretty young. Pretty much all of my favorite guitarists are dead now. Only John Mclaughlin and Robert Fripp remain.

70 is fucking old. Get over it, that's a normal age to throw the towel in.

To add, sooner you understand your own mortality easier it's to live your life. Most people live in bubble and the concept of death is so foreign that everything what happens around them is such a shock. But death is just as normal as everything else. There's no sadness to it. In fact it is a joyful occasion.

literally who

Just bought a Gretsch G2220. Easily the most fun bass I've ever played relative to how much it cost.

post more pictures

It's super sloppy though, slow down a lot and focus on getting accurate alternate picking. Forcing higher speed when you're not ready for it will just teach you improper technique that's hard as fuck to overcome later on

I got time to kill today, I'll program something for you if the riffs are good. Need the guitars first though

Ok, /gg/ it's pretty urgent and i need your help.
TL;DR: i saved TOO MUCH MONEY on my bank account and if i don't spend some of it before September i'll have increased expenses for some time.

I've been wanting to buy an acoustic guitar for a while, maybe a classical one even. The only acoustic guitar i have is a western one that is out of tune beyond the 5th fret or so.

Now the only brand i know of when it comes to classical guitars is Cordoba, but most of their guitars seem to be specifically for flamenco, not normal classical play. As for western guitars i have no idea what brands are good.

Can you guys help me, maybe even suggest specific models? Talking roughly 500€ here, since i also want to get some paired stereo mics. If i were to not get those, it would be more a round 800€

Get a flamenco model.

Don't know, pal. From what i've heard Flamenco models have way lower action, which can cause some serious string buzzing. I don't know if i'd like that.

can confirm. theyre buzzy, loud and raspy.

I think I good a good riff, how do I not forget and makeit into a song

record it.