youtube.com/watch?v=nW-TuSE_L4k
youtube.com/watch?v=FlPBextKRYE
youtu.be/jEWvWcgjMDs
youtube.com/watch?v=GmvEZtcCsYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

back in black - ac dc

youtube.com/watch?v=j1HeIpHMC_o

Highly underrated desu.

Helpless Child by Swans. Followed by Gamera by Tortoise and Eight Corners by Gastr del Sol.

This one is really good. 65days as a whole is underrated

What do people like so much about Helpless Child? Gira's vocals aren't very moving or emotional and the landscaping isn't anything special when looking at other post-rock out there.

>tiger girl
nah, its their worst

youtube.com/watch?v=p3uIwEY27DQ

I'd argue differently. I'd say that the landscaping isn't really the point of Helpless Child as the pacing of it. It's a bit drawn out, but the way it builds over the length feels so natural that I find it quite moving. Gira's vocals sound apathetic, which is in contrast to what he's actually singing about. Plus the placement on the album, following I Was a Prisoner in Your Skull, really adds onto the whole emotional experience.

sigur rós - popplagið
65daysofstatic - radio protector
talk talk - myrrhman
swans - the sound

helpless child gives me a sense of helplessness (heh) and i think gira's vocals push that sense perfectly. i don't think they're supposed to be very moving or emotional, they're just supposed to sound like he's given up entirely

To me it just sounds like someone told him to talk quietly but pretend to be singing as well. Helplessness should sound scared and powerless. But he does have power and feels fairly confident. Don't really think the length of the song is justified either.

does frameworks count?youtube.com/watch?v=nW-TuSE_L4k

From my perspective based off the "plot" of the album, I was a prisoner in your skull is supposed to convey that feeling of helplessness, hence why the voice over is saying that you're so fucked up that you can't even do simple things without someone else to help you. This transitions into helpless child where the lyrics describe a child that finds solace in this motherly figure that is obviously abusive, but is the only person they can go to, hence why they stay with their abuser. It's sad, but there's this twisted sense of comfort to be found in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FlPBextKRYE

The mark of the pleb.

When was this chart made ?

recently

That makes sense. Nice to see some select bands getting more attention.

For me it's the guitar/keyboard layering towards the end (sans vocals). There's definitely more intense stuff out there but for some reason it stands out to me.

Otherwise, it depends on what you consider post-rock. Austerity Blues by Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra is a favorite of mine though.

Rano Pano - Mogwai

one of the better charts I've seen but still missing earwig - under my skin i am laughing, o'rang - herd of instinct, and macha - s/t

Bark Psychosis - Absent Friend
Talk Talk - New Grass
Motorpsycho - The Golden Core

I thought about under my skin I am laughing, but I felt like it wasn't that essential. And I don't really consider Herd of instint or Macha's s/t essential.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Storm

also Their Helicopters Sing and Peasantry or Light Inside of Light!

youtu.be/jEWvWcgjMDs
This whole release makes me want to play Yume Nikki

youtube.com/watch?v=GmvEZtcCsYU