Now that memefork has OK'd it, how long until it hits #1 on RYM?

Now that memefork has OK'd it, how long until it hits #1 on RYM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEZNDO4pdys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hue. Why would that happen? It's not like music sites haven't been claiming this is the best album ever for decades. That new p4k list was 1960's only as well.

fuck pitchfork for placing Pet sounds at second place

this
fucing teeny bopper tripe

you're right, it should be #1

I wouldn't mind that, it's number 3 right now with Ok Computer and DSOTM above it, and it's 10x better than either of those.

lol no

The only way it's going to get to #1 on RYM is if it gets about 10,000 more ratings.

Yes, i'm sorry but I grew out of Floyd and Radiohead in 6th grade.

what would an Sup Forums RYM top 10 look like

And I grew out of the TVU is GOAT phase in 5th. That album is overrated tripe that's not worth listening to at all outside its historical context.

Plebs, i grew out of the whole Velvet Underground, Radiohead, Pink Floyd meme phases in 4th grade as a matter of fact. And I was a year a head so you do the math.

>Pitchfork
>Not putting The Beatles Revolver in the number 1 because they are too afraid of losing hipster points
>Puts in the number 1 the third worst TVU album

No 5th grader listens to the velvet underground. Try again

exactly the same as a p4k top 10 but Sup Forums never stops trying to convince itself that it would be different.

ITAOTS
Loveless
Pet Sounds
OKC
Kid A
Trout Mask Replica
Remain in Light
The Money Store
In the Court of the Crimson King
Spiderland

something like this

I'd feel angry, but the list is too bad to even take seriously
>the one serious jazz song p4k are familiar with at #3, so they know that it's quality
>a mediocre Beatles song at #4, because the Beatles and they want to be edgy by saying a day in the life isn't their best
>Here comes the Sun at #16 because insipid pop songs clearly top everything else
>When Zeppelin makes the list they skip over all their interesting content and go straight for the most mediocre of their hits
>Mary, Mary so Contrary because it's not enough to put Can on their, but it's got to be something more esoteric of theirs
>Steve Reich because we're sophisticated and still listen to postmodern music, right guys?

I could go on but I've already put in more effort than this deserves. And Velvet Underground is shit. Every time I've listened to Sunday Morning I've been baffled trying to figure out what genius critics are deluding themselves into hearing.

Artists did try again and again, thus making far superior music to TVU. At least Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Beatles, etc. put some kind of interesting aspects to their songwriting so that once they would stop being at the forefront of innovations years after release, their music would still have something good worth listening to. TVU is nothing but surface aesthetic as their songwriting ability was very simplistic and nothing special, thus has aged nowhere near as well once taken into considering that all sorts of alternative rock genres like post-punk, post-rock, dream pop, etc. have done a far superior job of exploring various aspects of that type of music than TVU could ever do.

>ITAOTS
Maybe #10, but not #1
>Loveless
Top 50 maybe
>Pet Sounds
Don't kid yourself, it's no better than the Beatles
>OKC
fine
>Kid A
fine
>TMR
it's groovy as hell, but I can't take it seriously
>RIL
fine
>TMS
If I threw a spoon in the disposal and screamed for an hour that would be as good as anything Death Grips
>INCCK
I love this album, but Yes did prog better, and I think Red is a tighter album
>Spiderland
If every track was as good as Don Aman, I'd agree with you. But as is it doesn't belong.

why did you even make this post

it's not even bait is it

I'm not reading this thread, but the frequently-cited Eno quote is correct. Banana album rocks and deserves mad praise

beach boys fags BTFO lol

if dubs I'll shit my pants

You forgot
>Let's put some brazilian 60's pop just to show how progressive we are

To some degree, I actually agree... but again, the simplicity of it all predated Punk. They wanted to bring some drama and urgency to pop music and introduce it to the dark, but they could only play so much.

A song like "Rock and Roll", however, is an example of perfect pop rock distilled. They were more than capable of delivering an idea with what they had.

Pitchforks top 20 was pretty damn great. Wish Trout Mask Replica was in their but no biggie. They recognize White Album as best Beatles.

Sunday Morning is the best opener ever.

>any artist in the 60s
>"better" than The Beatles

is this supposed to be your rankings or what you think they'd be in general. there's no chance ITAOTS wouldn't be #1.
also this , don't make awful quality posts like that again

Lol so randum :p

Money Store would be lower or potential not even there, Kid A should be higher than OKC, and Kanye fags MAY inflate MBDTF in to number 10. some albums I can see taking those spots are The Downward Spiral, Homogenic, and maybe MPP

ALL PRAISE ROYKSOPP

youtube.com/watch?v=DEZNDO4pdys