Are the guitars on this album really that innovative?

Are the guitars on this album really that innovative?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HrXuvDRSwN8
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its all in the production. No one cares about instrumental innovation. Its how you fuck with the sounds.

You guys know any other songs or albums that sound like Sometimes off this?

Yeah, I wrote a song that sort of sounds like it, I haven't formerly recorded in though.

The best track is Touched. If you don't agree you're an idiot.

My cover of Rain for Sup Forums Covers Beatles album

You're not wrong, but you're also not right

sonically? yes

Touched is literally perfect as a transition piece

If by innovative you mean completely makes the guitar pointless by turning its sound into mush like the instruments, then yes.

It's one of the most overrated albums of all time, and I say this as an oldfuck who was all about indie rock in the 90s.

>Mush
Spoken like someone who's never touched an instrument.
youtu.be/HrXuvDRSwN8

>I don't like an album, therefore
I think your statement would apply to any other shoegaze album other than Loveless.

>implying that the guitar is the only instrument in a song
It melds too much with the others, there's no sound. No distinction.

>There's no sound
I don't think you're serious at this point. Either way, watch this video if you haven't.
youtu.be/KQsdO8e8fwY

>shilling

>I have nothing meaningful to say
>Shilling
I guess I should be expecting an IP address now, with Wireshark traffic dump confirming that I'm in fact the owner of that YouTube channel.

But there isn't any. The very definition of Shoegaze is mixing instrument sounds together to make one unified sound. And it isn't. The album tries to show sex mostly through the music instead of the lyrics. And it comes out as a garbled, half-assed mess where nothing can stand out. There are no blistering guitar riffs when needed to show emotion like in Spiderland. There's no cool inclusive, typically not rock, brass or other traditional tools like in ITAOTS. Hell, there's no energy to it like in later works by them. There is nothing.

Hey, at least you're putting some effort in. This could be a new pasta.
>This album tries to show sex mostly through the music instead of the lyrics
Eh, there has to be something. Definitely pasta material.

You have your opinion, I have mine.
Mine is that it's overrated as fuck, given the shitloads of
>muh so influential
>muh 10/10
so yeah,
>"I don't like an album, therefore"
and for you
>"I like an album, therefore"
what's your point other than you're offended I don't like an album as much as you and a bunch of other blowhards?

buwwwwweeereeerum pup pum buwwweerum pup pum bwwee ru pum bum

>muh so influential
>muh 10/10
If you honestly believe those statements count as valid criticisms, there's no point in continuing this discussion.

can you elaborate more?

link?