Why are we so shit

Question for all you bros who watch football(soccer) mainly for other burgers, but Eurobros feel free to chime in.
Why is our fanbase so fucking awful? Why is it full of hipsters, gay pride flag waving sensitive types who push for constant bans for anything other fans say that they dont like, why are our chants so fucking awful, why does it seem like everything we do is forced to try and look like european, just why are we awful.

I got into the sport at an early age, mom was too poor to put me into american football like all the other kids so she put me in soccer. My coach being some German bro from Dortmund introduced me to them, ever since i have been a huge fan. Thought to myself around 3 years back that i should try to get into MLS, and while it is a decent watch and gives me something to watch while waiting for bundesliga to start up again due to different season start times, the fans fucking suck, you're honestly so awful its got to the point where i dont even want to defend you guys from Eurobros attacks cause i agree.

So my question to any american who is a supporter of an MLS team, why are you guys so awful, why do your chants sounds so forced and shit, and why are you full of hipster douchebags?

Also why the fuck do you let Don Garber control you guys, and why do you let him force teams to give him money just to play in 1st division league because he doesnt allow for pro/reg just to make all his investor friends happy.

Doesnt that applies to all kind of entertainments in US?

not really other sports in the USA dont have organized fan support like this

All those hipster fags like soccer because it isn't mainstream and they think they're smart and sophisticated for liking a different sport. As soon as soccer becomes popular they'll all go watch cricket or some shit

>full of hipsters, gay pride flag waving sensitive types
>everything we do is forced to try and look like european
>full of hipster douchebags

you answered yourself man, not sure what else to add

>MLS
There's your problem.

Nah, I wish more people liked soccer. Being the only person in a bar who wants one of the TVs on a soccer game doesn't make you look smart or sophisticated, it makes you look like a weirdo.

I like playing soccer and watching it. Plastic fan support or shallow european fanbase copies doesn't bother me. Personally I'd prefer MLS without it but it's one of the least things I'm concerned about.

It depends on the team

Portland and Seattle are just representative of their cities as a whole. I've been to a couple SJ Quakes games and they're not that bad at all.

They play like ass but the stadium is comfy and the fans aren't bad

>tfw no neo nazi mls clab

Seeing sports as franchises and businesses is the American identity but it doesn't really match with soccer fan tradition. In order to be successful MLS has to appeal to a diverse fanbase I agree it's overly sensitive like stopping fans from yelling "you suck asshole" but such are the times we live in, I'm not against tolerance but it gets absurd

I've only recently found non Hispanic people who like soccer in my neighborhood. Unsurprisingly most of them are immigrants and also think MLS is ass.

Because you get the leftovers. The actual football fans fucking watch international football and not this 6th tier MLS crap.

Also, NYCFC fans are the fucking worst anyways and they are retarded Yankee fans so they're part of the fucking problem too

MLS isn't high quality soccer but its definitely entertaining. It's slowly getting better too.

Season ticket holder for the most cancerous team in MLS and regular /mls/ shitposter here. I'm not a homosexual, just making that clear.

>why is our fanbase so awful?
Organized supporter groups aren't representative of the fanbase at large. They get the media attention and TV shots because tifos and waving flags and shit makes for better viewing than a bunch of people just sitting/standing and watching the game. People in SGs are so far up their own asses, it's best to just ignore their drama. Everyone else is generally bro tier.

>why are our chants so awful
They get decided on by the supporter groups. Not all of them are doopin mental, some chants and songs are fine. You just get more visibility of terrible chants because they become Sup Forums memes.

>why are you all hipster douchebags
Soccer attracts europhiles. Europhiles tend to be liberal hipsters.
Also re: liberals, the fanbase/supporter groups of any major team in the 1st world is liberal. See the "refugees welcome" signs that popped up in stadiums all over Europe. Teams in Poland or in the Championship can get away with not being PC because there's very little media attention on them. The US media shitstorm if MLS just allowed the "puto" chant to go on would be never ending.

>Don Garber, pro/rel
We literally did not have a stable professional league until MLS came about. That required the buy-in of a bunch of wealthy investors, so of course they're not going to allow pro/rel lest their investments become near worthless after relegation. The appetite for soccer here isn't nearly enough to sustain a popular second division.

>football
You understand that it's called soccer in this country, right? Just how badly do you wish you were European?

this senpai

>implying the kind of Europeans who like football are sophisticated hipsters

It's the sport of rednecks and ghetto youths in Yurop m8

Do you guys remember Diaz Arce or Mauricio Cienfuegos?

Cienfuegos is my cousin :3

I am gay, does that mean I will like soccer?

well I guess its more that the hipster euroboos here found a conduit for their fantasies, and now they can cosplay at the weekly chant practice

The fact there's a pro/rel cult makes American soccer toxic

It doesn't really matter who does what in Europe
Just that Americans hipsters want to recreate it for some reason

you might enjoy orlando, they have a whole seating section dedicated to your degenerate ways.

lol youre probably a fan of a shit tier MLS club that would get relegated first season

Pro/Reg makes it much more interesting. Without it teams halfway through the season just give up cause they wont catch up, hoever add the threat of relagation and they will fight like hell to stay up.

San jose is killing it at the moment my dude, im actually shocked san jose isnt liberal the fucked out due to being near San Fran

bruh its just not feasible for the foreseeable future... move on , plus salary capped franchise based teams is fun and different than literally what the rest of the world does. Stop trying to copy Europe and what you think is acceptable and enjoy what we have built for ourselves.

Would it be more interesting? Possibly
Is it a human rights violation? No
No reason to get all fervent about it

Swede that just came home from a trip to New York here, attended 2 MLS games and one NBA game just for fun.
New York Red Bulls - Colorado Rapids
New York City FC - DC United
(and then Brooklyn Nets - New York Knicks)

The atmosphere was quite different to what I'm used to, it felt a bit fake and "plastic".

The funniest thing was all the flags and posters on the walls at Red Bull Arena with text like "This is Passion" and "This is Tradition", like cmon m8, fucking hilarious.

Also a funny thing, NY City fans and NY Red Bull fans sang the exact same songs, like 90% of songs were the exact fucking same with the club names switched(if they even had anything to do with the clubs)

The worst song IMO was the one where they went "Put them up against the wall and shoot them" or whatever, there's supposed to be a bit of humour in the songs and I don't know might have just been me who didn't get it, it just wasn't funny or catchy(as if any of the songs from either team was).

meh rant post bs can't be arsed to format it better.

Orlando & NYCFC singing "You ain't got no history" at each other despite both clubs only just entering their second season and being formed any basically the same time apitimises why your entire league is a cancer to this already overcancerous sport.

San Jose is full of gooks which is why it's so neutral compared to San Francisco.

Move bitch get off the pitch was the most hopeful moment for the mls fanbase I have seen in years.

I'm tired of yall complaining.

If you like soccer then go see some soccer in person in America.

Yeah there's going to be some cringe, but you don't have to sit next to those people. Everyone wants to complain about American soccer but I bet you guys don't go out to games and support the sport in this country

your post is valid, but at the same time the swedish league is worse than MLS and gladly takes MLS scraps like Mix

this, people who shit on MLS/soccer the most tend to be the biggest faggots who are too autistic and likable to go to a real game, they complain about MLS fans but sit at home on Sup Forums all day shitting on MLS and supporting teams they'll never see in person or have any connection to

>apitimises

Didn't you guys invent this language?

Nerds get bullied by sport types at school. End up resenting sport. Become adults, realise sport is actually fun but can't let go of the feelings of inadequacy stirred up when thinking about the popular US sports. Become soccer fans. Many such cases.

>your post is valid, but at the same time the swedish league is worse than MLS and gladly takes MLS scraps like Mix

kek

IFK Göteborg are terrible at the moment.

And why the fuck did Chicago Fire sign "Superettan scraps" like Adis "Baggio" Husidic when he was absolute wank, one of the worst players in the Swedish second division.

I am originally from Colombia. soccer is everything down there as you can imagine. but in the 80s there wasn't a 'barra brava' culture yet. it came mainly from argentina in the 90s. I was part of the biggest 'barra brava' for about 4 years, and the chants were all argentinian chants adapted to colombian teams. it was atrocious. people didn't even know how to sing, jump, or even shake your hand in the air like they do, you know. it takes time for it to be authentic. the new generation will grow watching this as normal and they will take it forward. I like MLS a lot because it is more entertaining than most leagues out there. I started following the league in 2010. I can see the evolution. for instance, during last year's eastern conference final between motreal and toronto, both supporters groups and the fans in general were genuine. I was at the olympic stadium and the atmosphere was real. and I've been to games is Colombia, Argentina, turkey and spain.

tl;dr it looks bad now but it will become genuine with time.

PUT THE BALL INTO THE NET AND WE'LL GO DOOPIN MENTAL

>The actual football fans fucking watch international football and not this 6th tier MLS crap.
I wouldn't call gloryhunting bandwagoners "actual football fans". And it's soccer to you, you're not European and you don't need to be.