What the FUCK gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

What the FUCK gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

Other urls found in this thread:

nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/10/2-year-old_killed_when_father_crashes_after_shopli.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

being a nigger........dont be a nigger

Nothing. They usually don't even have proper security. If you're in a hurry, just leave.

Small price for low prices

because you're a fucking retard.

normal people who shop at walmart:
>"hold on, sir. let me check those items for you."
>"no thanks."
>"alright, have a great day."
>"you too."

op:
>"hold on a second, sir. let me check those items for you."
>"oh, um... alright... hold on, i put my receipt in one of these bags... hmm, i can't find it. um, hold on... ah! yes, here it is. heh, it was in my pocket the whole time! please, take your time to examine it, but rest assured i always pay for my items! yes sir, i would never EVER steal because stealing is wr-"
>"okay, have a nice day, sir."
>"y-y-you too..."

Don't just leave if prompted. They'll ban you for suspicious behavior

nothing, just leave. they cant do anything about it

since the fact that it is so easy to shove something in your bag and walk out the front door without paying for it...dumb nigger

They actually can't stop you at all. If an employee straight up sees you trying to steal something they can't even say anything to you. All they can do is alert Loss Prevention, only they can do something.

Found the shoplifter

Cuz niggas like you could get fucked up on the daily if you try and shoplift up in my sto

This

My gf worked retail for a bit at a few places and it was ridiculous. Even if you catch them you can't hold them, and if you see it happen and they leave you just get to tell someone and hope.

Nothing, they're not allowed to stop you. It's basically just another theft deterrent, which is funny because my aunt used to take big gangster looking dudes in to steal TVs, theyd just put them in a cart and walk out saying to the receipt checkers "what the FUCK are you gonna do about it". Probably only worked because they'd go to stores an hour away and never return.

This is mostly true, but I worked at a thrift store before and we'd regularly grab customers that tried stealing shit and take it from them. They were always homeless crackheads so no need to worry about them calling police or lawyering up.

Normal employees can't really stop you from leaving. Loss prevention however, can, and will, if alerted and they go after you.
I once pulled into Wal-Mart as 4 LP members were holding a guy up against a wall for stealing with his girlfriend. The police arrived and arrested him.

Just don't fucking steal I guess.

Cause you're a shit skin with no honor or culture and thus have no qualms stealing other people's things.

They can't legally check your bags once you pay for them as they are your property. BUT they CAN detain you a reasonable amount of time to ensure you have not stolen anything. It's called the shopkeeper's privilege. If they unreasonably detain you, they are liable for false imprisonment damages. Attorney here BTW.

Walmart doesn't have the right to check people's belongings before they leave unless they have reason to believe they shoplifted. The only reason why Costco and Sam's Club can do it is because you have to agree to it when you buy a membership.

Hang yourself shill.

You allowing them to check your bag usually gives them the right. Otherwise, they have no right once you have passed the point of sale and made your purchase. It's your stuff.

Exceptions:

They have probable cause or reasonable suspicion to believe you have stolen. If they directly observe you steal or have some other irrefutable evidence, then they have the right to stop you. If they have the mere suspicion that you have stolen (like a security device sounding the alarm), then they have the right to check your bag, but physically restraining you or otherwise forcing a search usually exposes them up to civil liability they don't want, so most stores have a policy of not apprehending anyone.

The fact that you shop in the guttural cesspit that is walmart.

This, you can grab stuff and run out, and if an employee tackles you, you can actually fucking sue them. It's ridiculous.

Nigger detected

Bitch like you never shop there. Idc what anybody says to the contrary, we all shop there and its dope. You can buy anything under the sun at anytime of day at dirt cheap prices and there is always some weird fuckers walking around to make fun of

It's a worthless fucking job because people who actually steal will just bail the fuck out or just drop the shit then leave. They need to put the bag checker at a fucking cash register since they usually only have 2 working. Walmart would make more money putting the checker at the register. I understand greeters are illiterate and retarded and it's only fair to give them a job so walmart won't get sued by the aclu or some libtard org.

i worked retail, i worked with mostly older women, none of them were loss prevention but they would SEETHE if they saw someone stealing, i still don't understand it i would never try to apprehend someone for stealing i'm not getting mad let alone playing hero for $8.25 an hour

You are free to STAY OUT AND NOT ENTER -- there problem solved. Go steal from Target.

they only do that to niggers and spics

white privilege at its best

Never done it to me.

They only do it to white people after they just checked a nigger or spic's receipt so they don't look racist. If it's a line of white people with a bbq grill, a kids' bicycle and a 24pk of natural ice they just smile at you and say, "have a nice day"

THIS

>BUT they CAN detain you a reasonable amount of time to ensure you have not stolen anything.
Unless they have some reasonable belief or witness they can't detain you. Not showing your receipt is not reasonable cause.
You're a fucking lawyer?

Because generally they have a sign near the entrance that says they have the right to inspect purses, bags etc.

Don't agree to it? Then turn around and leave.

One time though they asked to check mine and I said "no thanks" and kept walking and the left me alone. No, I wasn't stealing.

Legally nothing. They cant legally force you to allow them to check your bags, but they can then decide to ban you from their store. If you said no when asked and they physically detained and prevented you from leaving they would legally be in the wrong and im sure there could be a lawsuit there.

>cant legally force you to allow them to check your bags

Again, their house, their rules. Don't like it? Don't visit. I don't know why people think that stores have to bend over to your stupidity.

Oh no I don't wanna be barred from the ghetto of retail establishments.

in the UK at least, you CAN hold someone in the store until police arrives if you see it. Loss Prevention is better yes, but employees can actually stop someone. On the other hand, if you even insinuate someone stole something and you turn out to be wrong (at least in central london where i work) you'll probably get sued

pay for it walk out

1. You can refuse and keep walking
2. You can ignore them and keep walking. They can't say a thing
3. You're an autists fag

Tacit consent my nigga.

Nothing, you can sue them if they do. Even if the alarm sounds.
Unless you stole something

Man you winy little fucks irritate the hell out of me. Just hold the fucking receipt in your hand until you get to your car. They just take a quick look. Comply and be on your way. I'm busy and don't have time to squirt tears over some tiny mundane shit like this. Pussy.

What if hes white? just curious what you think

>ITT: Whiny bitch boy caught stealing takes to the internet to complain, hoping for reassurance, only to find out he's the faggot the whole time

why are you scared of showing them your bags. just show your receipt that's all you have to do. they usually only check if 1 the door goes off which is because something didn't deactivate right or 2 you have something is not in a bag. if you did nothing wrong what's the problem. they don't give a fuck what you bought just that you paid for it.

ITT: fags that get it and fags that don't. Every asshole in here saying "What do you have to hide?" "Just show them and stop being a fag" "Wahh got caught stealing?" doesn't get it.

If they try to stop you tell them that they need to formally accuse you of the theft and to contact the police. If they try to physically stop you, sue the fuck out of them. I don't need some retarded spic/nigger/muslim getting in my fucking way after I've already waited forever on their goddamn lines only to scan and bag my own fucking groceries. I will not stand and wait for fat shit scum of the earth mexican families with 15 children all running around screaming while Abdul pretends he can read my receipt.

>2017
>comply
Go back to pic related where you belong

They're not coming for your guns because some bored nigger checked your 12 pack of Coke. Shithead.

Shut the fuck up pussy

But isn't your culture literally just stealing everything and burning people because you thought fucking math was witchcraft? Your ancestors were just as dumb as fucking niggers. But Don't worry buddy. All humans are trash. You're definitely not an exception. Kek

Yeah, your way makes much more sense. Instead of waiting 10 seconds for some nigger to look at your unbagged toilet paper.

I've worked as a wally world people greeter and it was store policy to check receipts if you see someone leaving with something outside of a bag (doesn't matter how big or small) trust me we don't give a shit about stopping shoplifters it's about not getting in trouble with our managers and shit

>10 seconds
try 5 fucking minutes in another. fucking. line. just to leave the goddamn store. No thx.

You might be able to stand your ground and demand they call a cop to do it. That would anger people and cause a scene. If you have the time you ought to make them all earn the minimum.

Except that the law doesnt work like that. Legally they cannot force you to let them check your bags. Signs posted don't usurp rights. Only contracts saying you forgo a right do. And wally world doesn't make you sign shit

They don't trust niggers. Have you tried not being a nigger?

sure thing walmart cuck. make sure you thank them while you lick their boots clean.

M8 they're just shitty wagecucks that are usually understaffed and they stop you for literally just a few seconds

Oh and nobody can stop you or accuse you of theft we were taught never to do that

this

>be me (autist)
>standing in line waiting for "security" to check bags
>very old lady.
>slow as fuck
>5 people waiting and growing fast
>random person just walks past
>a few others walk through
>i just wait

you did by entering the store

"they're just gonna touch your dick a little bit to make sure there's nothing in your pants."

it depends on state I think one here stops people all the time

Cause people steal shit all the time. It's a formality. Get used to it, autismo.

dude where the fuck you live Wal-Mart here doesn't even have cashiers anymore it's 30+ self serve checkouts

^this
I always get checked when I dress up and put black face on

>What the FUCK gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?
Legally, they have no right. I'd refuse.

nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2017/10/2-year-old_killed_when_father_crashes_after_shopli.html
Do you think they asked to check his bags?

There'a nothing violating about checking your bags. Even if you're buying adult diapers and anal lube and cough syrup, they've seen it all.

Besides, those people typically figure out that they're hired to glance at your bag and then swipe your receipt with a highlighter. They don't give a single shit enough to look at your purchases.

>you don't automatically agree to the terms of service by using a service
Wew lad.

man you are hardcore
i bet you don't wash your hands either

You live in an area where a lot of people steal from there. Shit store anyway.

>Find the dignity in this picture.

No I have an obsessive compulsion to have clean hands so I wash them like 20 times a day.

Have you not seen the fine text at the bottom of webpages that say "by clicking continue you are agreeing to our terms and policies and blah blah blah"

Lmayo not reading the thread just gunna comment.

You don't have to stop for anyone at Walmart. Unless it's a police officer. Not loss prevention.

They don't gt paid enough to grab you for a search. You just keep walking you don't even have to acknowledge them.

You're a dumbass for stopping. If you did get searched.

>not just leaving your receipt out because you know they only check for expensive things
Come on, now. I do this at Fry's. It's two goddamn seconds. All of you fucks bitching about "MUH RIGHTS I DON'T HAVE TO COMPLY YOU CAN'T MAKE ME" are they type to go to Sup Forums because someone told you it was edgy.

>government granted rights to not be searched by police without a warrant applying in a private business's property.

I know what you mean. This shit makes me laugh so hard.

Unlawful search and seizure they may say: this is lawful searching and seizing (not that you'll ever have anything seized at Walmart)

It's so fucking stupid how defensive people get. I was a cashier and they put me on people greeter shifts sometimes and the amount of customers who act like I'm asking for their ssn by just doing my job is absurd

I hate shopping at Walmart because it's one of the trashiest places on earth, which is why I hate the bag check -nothing to do with my rights. I usually just walk past the person checking, make direct eye contact, say "nope", and continue on my way. I've never been stopped.

>shill
>Simply describing the truth

My problem is they use an old war vet like Normandy old, and when 75lb half dead man that served his country when it ment something asks to see my receipt, I let him because the world has shit on him enough working at wallmart alone.

Just keep walking. They can't do shit anyway.

They can't touch you. Just keep walking. If they go into the parking lot, they get fired.

Its adorable that you think that.

Nigga you paranoid

Cant detain you. They can detain the merch tho.

Yeah, if the shit in your bags don't match what's on your receipt. Shit, nigga, how many times this happened to you?

They really can't do shit believe me. Once you're out that door, they're too fucking lazy to chase after you and will just call the police instead but usually they'll intimidate you and swarm around you with five to six managers and try to prevent you from exiting the store but if you run then they can't do shit.

Heard stories, A'int got the balls to do.

Friend did it, fucker got cops on him because he had a warrant on him when it happened.

You don't have to let them check your bags and they don't have to let you back in the store ever.

The only way they can forcibly detain you is under the legal restrictions of a citizens arrest. Around here, they would have to witness you commit a crime, not just suspect you of it.

>because he had a warrant on him
Well no shit he got the cops on him.

Man, cops aside, that shit only happens when people are being ornery. Like I have no clue how looking through your stuff and receipt is violating. I straight up buy cough syrup, adult diapers, anal lube, and shit from Walmart all the time and I don't feel violated when I get the weird looks.

>Have warrant
>Continue stealing
Spotted the nigger

If you're a fuckin retard this makes sense
>Otherwise it's just dependent on how many bags you have, how big they are, how many people you are with, how fuckin raggedy you look, whether or not their boss is nearby, which person is at the exit, and how suspicious you're acting
>you know
>like when you're paranoid of them checking your bag because you either have something to hide or you're a fuckin moron who thinks a store won't take preventative measures to ensure minimal theft takes place.

> burning people because you thought fucking math was witchcraft?
What did he mean by this?

Nah I literally don't know where the nearest Wal Mart is to me.

I don't frequent Wal Mart but the Best Buy near me has bag checkers. I just ignore them as they try to talk to me, like I would a street hustler. They can't do shit.

Part time security guard here. Just keep walking and ignore. Nobody can stop you for shit unless it's the police. When i witness actual crimes i don't get involved i simply call the police. Once confronted some wiggers stealing shit when i was still new and later got in trouble with employer. Then the police themselves told me not to ever start a confrontatiton with anynody commiting a crime. Even me following them was a problem apparently. So all i do now is just observe and report.

Not to mention most security don't get benefits. So on the off chance they get btfo by a crazy person who starts swinging with a knife or someshit. They will be fucked paying medical bills.

You're on their property.

You must live in the middle of nowhere or haven't left your basement in decades