Personal thoughts

Never been the biggest fan of Brand New, but a big fan of emo.

It was pretty meh 6/10 not really worth regular listens. Instrumentation was fairly interesting, I actually enjoyed the filler interjection stuff, maybe a little to distracting. Lyrics were unimpressive, vocal delivery wasn't interesting at all.

None of the songs are really that memorable, best thing going for it was probably its atmosphere but paired with the lyrics it came across a little corny and dumb. Also the first three tracks are pretty bad but it picks up by the end.

Favorite tracks: Same Logic/ Teeth, In the Water, 451, Battered Up

Least Favorite: Lit Me Up, Can't Get Out

The Devil and God was much better

I havent been on Sup Forums for the past week so what did you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye09Th7KZn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally never heard a thing by this band because i was too old to listen to emo when they first released stuff.
listened to this album though and it was pretty good. reminded me of old bright eyes at parts

AOTY. Also,

>Least Favorite: Lit Me Up, Can't Get Out

kys

>vocal delivery wasn't interesting at all.
am i the only one who likes the deadpan vocals

Honestly whats the appeal?

IMO, It's not catchy, Its not lyrically interesting, although the instrumentals are good they're nothing groundbreaking, and the atmosphere it tries to create isn't that memorable.

Lit Me Up creates a good and memorable atmosphere imo, and the vocal style and pacing of the song is very different to what they've tried before.
Can't get it out isn't lyrically interesting to me that much, but the chorus that starts with "I'm just a manic depressive" always gets me.

>and pacing of the song is very different to what they've tried before.
yeah its fucking boring, thats what changed, I agree about the atmosphere but nothing interesting happens, the song structure is basic, which would be fine if there was something that caught your ear while you listened but its just dull.

Just my opinion of course, I could imagine why someone might like it, but it was just disappointing imo compared to their former material/

Uninformed Brainlet confirmed

I'll admit that I've yet to listen to Brand New at all. I've queued this album for the old 20 listens though it will be a while before I get to it. Really want to see what they're about due to how well received their albums typically are. Was this album as good as their previous material? How does it stack up?

Depends on what your after, but imo The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me is far and away there best album, and if your getting into the band it would be better to start with that or Deja Endu.

>Devil and god
>Science fiction = Deja entendu = Daisy
>Fight off your demo ns
>Your favourite weapon

listen to this one (first song on the album), everything before is pop punk and doesnt really sound like Science Fiction youtube.com/watch?v=Ye09Th7KZn4

DUDE
DEPRESSION
LMAO

What the other user said. Start with Deja , as Your Favrotie Weapon is cringey pop-punk/emo (although there's a few I personally still listen to from there].

The new album definitely holds up, but it also depends on your tastes. Deja is that emo sound from their first album but actually decent and worth giving a listen. It is pretty pop-punk, but it's good as far as that genre goes. TDaG is the most must-listen-to of their work. Daisy moves from that in a more experimental and chaotic direction, and Science Fiction goes the opposite direction into atmospheric and somber.

Devil and God > Daisy = Science Fiction >> Deja >>>>>>> YFW

old bright eyes is literally "i'm too old to be listening to this" music.

Oh and yeah the unreleased demos are also worth listening to, especially if you like TDaG since their from around that time. Also the Mene EP. Out of Range is probably my favorite song by the band.

I'll likely start with Deja Entendu in that case. Thanks guys!

Love the percussion on that track, thanks user. Not as light as I was expecting.

Will do.

have fun :^)

>I've seen those boys kissing boys with their mouth on the street
What did he mean by this?

cant get it out is actually one of my favorites off the album. i love the 90s feel to it. but i agree on lit me up that shit sucks lmao

As I said, the lyrical content is shite.
It's the delivery of the line, not the lyrics that I like.
As someone who has been diagnosed with depression and currently recovering, I can see how the banal lyricism would be relatable, but it feels like jesse is older, doesn't have much problems in his life and is still trying to appeal to the brooding youth with songs like these.

In the Water is probably my favorite, but Could Never Be Heaven is right up there even though I wasn't crazy about it on the first listen. The last verse is the best on the album. I think all of the lyrics sites have it wrong though:
The whale is well rehearsed
Swimming circles in the church
A Cardinalfish says
"Cod is dead"
Whale says
Get out of my head
Get out of my head
Get out of my head

Childhood is when you idolize The Devil and God are Raging Inside me, growing up is realizing Daisy makes more sense

Thank-you user! Hope you have a nice day!

Take in mind if you start with Deja, don't give up on them if you dislike the pop punk sound. Science Fiction, Daisy and The Devil And God are far far better due to the fact they ditched the pop punk sound.

i like it

do i love it like i love tags & codes

no

do i like it

yes

The Devil And God>Science Fiction>Daisy>>Daisy>>>>>>>>>>Your Favorite Weapon

I think this album is really good.

The Second Daisy was supposed to be Deja Entendu

I've been listening to BN since 2002. In high school, this was my favorite band.

I think the New Album is great. this band is a progression of maturity. at first, I thought it was soft, but after listening to it in complete, it's fucking great. I like listening to the songs picking out influences. Like in the song Waste, I swear to god the beginning sounds like the Cranberries - Zombie. I think for the kids to hear this album first is really cool. as I grew up with the first album and so on, these kids will hear this and work backward.

jesus christ the vocals are fucking unbearable

Personally Science Fiction>Daisy=TD&G>Deja>YFW
Largely just cause I feel like Daisy and TD&G have a sort of immaturity about them which has stopped me listened to them recently, maybe I just burned myself out on them though.