Why is reported sexual satisfaction so much higher among same sex couples?

why is reported sexual satisfaction so much higher among same sex couples?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/12/lgbt-mental-health-sexuality-gender-identity
bridgestorecovery.com/blog/childhood-sexual-abuse-and-hypersexuality-how-trauma-informs-sex-addiction/#sthash.zM3PKvo0.dpbs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20063233
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20063235
latimes.com/sns-how-the-anal-cancer-epidemic-in-gay-and-bi-hiv-positive-men-can-be-prevented-80358-20170926-story.html
stream.org/yes-childhood-sexual-abuse-often-contribute-homosexuality/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they are psychologically damaged individuals who, in having sex with their partner, find safety from the trauma they experienced in their youth.

it seems like despite biological imperatives, girls are more sexually compatible with other girls

that theory might hold water if 100% or 90% or even 50% of gay people had trauma in their past but they don't

>Their past
Are parent's genetics included in your statistic?
Are repressed memories included in your statistic?

(Reported) gays are like 4% of the US population? Why is the rate of testable mental illness in US and European gays HIGHER than the hetero population?

Trauma can mean bullying, sex abuse, neglect, etc. You dont know what tf youre talking about. What kind of dumb fucking numbers are those

despite the fact that the parts aren't specifically designed for each other, several studies have confirmed that sexual satisfaction amongst lesbians and gay men is as much as 40% higher

gay women seem especially less likely to report higher satisfaction rates given the fact that they have no good way to simulate traditional penetrative sex, and yet they actually report the highest level of satisfaction of all

It makes sense that they feel more comfortable with a same sex partner following trauma, they have less to prove, as men and women generally stick together in their separate social groups (fraternities & sororities)

Have you seen or met a lesbian? The ones I've met are as on guard as can be. Gay dudes, if they arent flamboyant, are the same.

perhaps its dudes know what dudes like. Girls know what girls like. No need to fake like shit is fun. plus girls will let each-other orgasm.

>same sex

FAGGOT THREAD. FAGGOT THREAD. SUCK A DICK FAGGOT THREAD.

You're operating from a flawed premise - there are very few studies that comfirm that gays and lesbians have higher rates of trauma, and the ones that do it's only marginally higher. So assuming that one of these studies is accurate and gay people are 50% more likely than straight people to have experienced trauma in their past - how does that explain the rest of them who haven't?

Where are you getting this data, son?

Those that havent are brainwashed by gay memes, lack a strong father figure or familial circle, had an emotional experience, or genetic.

YOU are the one with a flawed premise, youre gay brain doesnt want to accept the truth :|
Plus, America is about freedom, so if youre from here, you are not going to be ostracized from society as long as you work or whatever.
There are over 10 (unlike your arbitrary bullshit statistic numbers) studies since the 60 (SIXTIES) where the DSM correctly labeled homosexuality as a mental illness.

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/12/lgbt-mental-health-sexuality-gender-identity

What do you mean work?

is it possible that gay sex is just objectively more enjoyable

Faggots lie.
Just like normal people.

If you live at home, you are still a child.
If you live on your own and pay taxes, that requires you to have a job at which you WORK

obligatory "anything posted here is false" reference

So gay people don't work?

goddamn.
"you are not going to be ostracized from society as long as you work or whatever."

work on that reading comprehension and try harder. You might want to look over those bullshit numbers you were spitting out

Yes, because “lesbian bed death” is a heterosexual trend.

consider that gay people may be socially and.or sexually awkward so during sex they get more satisfaction just from getting attention they normally do not (as you are now)

Because they won't shut up about it

You are also getting attention. Do you enjoy attention from gay people?

This is one sided to me. I like lesbians, but im not gay, if thats what youre asking

cause gay dudes are always horny, they can just fuck all the time. Women are a pain in the emotional ass.

What is lesbian bed death.

bridgestorecovery.com/blog/childhood-sexual-abuse-and-hypersexuality-how-trauma-informs-sex-addiction/#sthash.zM3PKvo0.dpbs

They lie about it as a means to justify their lifestyle.

idiot

because we know what the fuck we're doing

there are multiple people in this thread just fyi

ok you american

found the street shitter.

women are clearly more emotionally and physically compatible they should all be gay. Straight Guys can have sex robots once they are perfected.

actually no I'm just a normal person who is sick of Americans. All you people do is spread violence. I hope you get eradicated. It would be a blessing to humanity.

If you'd ever actually gotten to know any homosexuals then you'd know you're wrong. Call me a liar to make yourself feel better, but get out and actually talk with these people and you'll see what the truth is. I don't hold any judgement towards gays, but they are pretty universally damaged. I've known homosexuals. I've worked with them intimately. I've also studied the shit out of psychology, enough to know that the pieces are all there, whether or not we want to put them together.

well personally I'm a pansexual pacifist so the only thing I'm spreading is the idea that you should be nice to and have sex with literally every attractive person you meet

Depends who got asked in whatever bullshit survey you failed to provide source for.
I know lesbian couples that actively seek out guys to fuck them because they hate each other and don't fuck otherwise. Likewise I'm sure there's plenty of resentment in married couples who are genuinely sick of seeing each other naked.

I too wish violence upon a whole nation, surely that will create a less violent world.

Because they know what they're working with

FAGGOT

>pansexual pacifist
i.e. mentally deranged and/or jew

But do they lie in greater magnitude or frequency than straight people? I can't say there are any reasons to assume that.

They have sexual trauma, personal information that is not generally shared among strangers or those you don't know well

goddamn you are retarded

pretty sure lesbians have the least amount of sex

Pretty sure virgins have the least amount of sex.

Damn it, why is /b so full with cheap bait these days? Op doesnt even give a source article wich probably is about click-bait science anyway.

Also even if Ops claims were right there are a lot of factors to consider, like the time they have in a relationship, im sure those promiscuous fags are happy being promiscuous and sharing their love and aids.

It's like you've never met a gay person, the vast vast majority are mentally unstable :(

I have lots of gay friends who suffer from moderate/sever addiction problems and are chronic liars. I think it's just par for the course.

t. Straight male working in a female/gay dominated field.

Why do say this triumphantly?

>reported sexual satisfaction
Just like self reported penis size?
L O L

Because women lie.

why would straight people report more dissatisfaction?

that would be your narcissism kicking in; obviously you yourself are mentally damaged.

how the fuck could i say something like that triumphantly? its sad, a pity.

over/under on how many swastikas this dork has on his trapper keeper

Because when something is wrong, it is more exciting...

thats a familiar go to when someone doesnt care to address the truth, reality.

Im actually black from nyc, far from nazi.
just keep it real homo :)

No, it requires money. Maybe you made some good investments, maybe you got a big inheritance, maybe you won a lawsuit.

Capitalism is not a meritocracy.

Dude im a fag and neither have I or or my boyfriend experienced any devastating trauma. Also the way you vaguely throw out that word isn't every human being of sexually consenting age traumatized?

Even that depends on where you live. There is a thing called cost of living, and there are industries that are, in fact, meritocracies. Your generalizations are probably why, if you are op, you cant understand such basic concepts.

You choose to live at home, you choose to be dependent on others, you choose to be a child in mind.

Keep in mind there are people that live comfortably off of much less than 20k a year, who work.

Who said it had to be "devastating"? Simple bullying, one incident could be all it takes.

So you just verified my last statement that everybody is traumatised.

I don't live at home

>why is reported sexual satisfaction so much higher among same sex couples?
Simple. It's the same reason that conservatives/republicans also have higher self-reported sexual satisfaction than liberals/progressives: they have lower standards.

/thread

This thread is gay please 404

No shit everyone suffers trauma, but homosexuals have a higher rate of unresolved, often sexual trauma, which is seen in expressions of mental illness.

That means, one suffers an incident and continues to dwell on it, letting it effect them to the point of expressing anxiety, depression, bipolar, narcissism, sexual promiscuity.

Maybe you cant understand so ill give you an example. A little boy gets molested by an older person. That boy seeks to relieve the experience, since his brain has becomes wired for sexual gratification and that is the first memory/experience to come to mind.
Cognitive dissonance sets in where he feels hopeless, used, worthless, because that is the societal viewpoint for people who have such experiences.

All of these things together = homosexual expression, a desire to exert dominance or control over something seen as similar to the one expressing.

Its in the fucking numbers.

i didnt say you did

This. Why the hell should we believe you? How do you even quantify sexual satisfaction?

>How do you even quantify sexual satisfaction?
It's self-reported. "On a scale of 1 to 7, how satisfied are you with your sex life? (1 is not satisfied, 7 is extremely satisfied)"

Also, this: They simply have lower standards, so they self-report higher satisfaction.

I need to find a scene where 2 gay guys are fucking on the same bed next to 2 lesbians

Because they comprise around 3 to 5% of the population so they will have statistical occurrences that do not reflect the general population. You're drawing a false equivalency. But if you wanna play this game: why do lesbians have the highest divorce rate?

>You choose to live at home, you choose to be dependent on others, you choose to be a child in mind.
Yes you did, you said it right there.

I would submit that homosexuals probably give themselves an extra point because they want to believe they are more satisfied than they really are. There's a thing in a lot of gay communities that has parallels in the black community: don't let the outsiders see your problems or weaknesses. I'm not saying it's a good thing but it's a thing.

You in general lol. How tf would i know your situation.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20063233

Interesting. I can definitely see something like that happening.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20063235

This thread is a lie.

They don't call it "Lesbian Bed Death" in the gay community for nothing. On average, lesbians get bored with their partners after 2 years. Sex dries up, and they often move on, or one partner cheats.

the one i posted is an actual study.

what you posted is "a discussion of"

Because our whole identity doesn't revolve around who we're fucking.

What you posted is evidence without proper evaluation and argument. The response may not provide evidence but it counters with argument. Both papers appear to be fairly inaccurate. Did you even read them or did you literally just search a key phrase on pubmed and post the link?

I've studied this in depth, looked at the numbers, have personal experience, have a father, studied psychology ,lived in a gay neighborhood.

There will always be a counter argument, one can say magic is real, when magic is just something unexplained.
How sexuality is, in reality, isnt black and white, but if we measure it and look at it, it can be understood that people who choose to delve into homosexual relationships do so because they experience something that traumatized them, and so they continued it to try and understand themselves further, like a drug user trying to experience the same high (or low in this case).

Feels vs reals- reals wins every time.

besides lying about what you posted being an argument (which it isnt), it doesnt disprove the original study that i posted. It just "aims at empirically reviving the discussion about the association between these two phenomena", not disprove it..
Stop lying to yourself.

Let's just ignore that the number of people who undergo the type of trauma that you are describing and don't engage in homosexual acts heavily outweighs those who do.

Yeah, thats like saying the majority of people who have moles or warts dont get cancer. So what, the people with cancer still have cancer.

>What is reading comprehension

Didn't claim it disproved it. It counters and addresses many of the claims. You seemed to be more concerned with childish point-scoring than proper discussion. Good luck, you're going to need it.

latimes.com/sns-how-the-anal-cancer-epidemic-in-gay-and-bi-hiv-positive-men-can-be-prevented-80358-20170926-story.html

One of the worst false equivalencies I have ever read. Not even exaggerating.

Youre still wrong, it doesnt do that lol. Do you have a link to it, (as if you actually read it, i know you didnt)

Dont go full retard now

Because the parner, of your same sex, does know what you like. Male and females are different and have different requests.

Cuz they gay

Because people like to trick gullible idiots into believing things so that they can exploit their ignorance.

Flamer here. I usually don't bite these baits but what the hell. Have YOU really gotten to know any homa-seckshuls? Deeply know them? Don't lie.

The only "trauma" I've ever experienced is having to dodge the small-minded paranoia coming from a few family members who couldn't seem to put a few brain cells together and understand how someone might actually have been attracted to other men the way they were to the opposite sex since puberty. And if that's the type of "Trauma" you imply then what of it? That's not the fault of homosexuals or homosexuality. Same goes with all but a small number of campy weirdos who generally keep to themselves.

>"reality"
>Hails from skanky ass NYC
>Pathologically convinced a community of annoying, campy NY gays accurately represents several 100s of 1000s of LGBT individuals in even one country

Oh! Now I see where your obvious confusion comes from. NVM. No, you keep it real.

What?
You cant generalize an entire population of people. You must have a lot of trauma on you to act the way you do.

Also, nice full retard.

>unsourced third-rail accusations of high sexual trauma rates
>"It's all a control mechanism to relive one's sexual trauma! That's the only way to describe any sex I don't personally find arousing!"
>Maybe you cant understand so ill give you an example. A little boy gets molested by an older person. That boy seeks to relieve the experience
>More oddly specific descriptions of PTSD and pathological revictimization from molestation
>I can't directly tie the two together with verified statistics but it SOUNDS right since I'm not gay!
Fucking yawn.

>Its in the fucking "numbers"
Oh, okay! Well then why didn't you just stop right there?

None of this is even offensive to me. It's just fascinating borderline tinfoil shit when I still hear people peddling this archaic nonsense about trauma and past sexual abuse making more sense than someone simply liking another cock or pussy on someone else. Is it possible for children to turn to same-sex sexual experiences after having been abused? Sure. There's just no discernible correlation to justify your narrative and I suspect deep down you know it's bullshit anyway.

If you're so worried about little boys and girls being abused into depraved adult perverts, I suggest you go visit female sex workers in West Virginia seeing old married men for endless smack money, and do something about that.

Anyway I've wasted too many keystrokes. Nothing you will ever say or believe can take away the fact that I had a rather normal childhood, get along with my parents fucking swimmingly and never once had anyone inappropriately touch me. Same with most LGBTs I know irl. Goodbye now!

Nothing is unsourced, you are just a retarded person who hasnt taken the time to read shit.
Im done, if you cant face the facts youre just another damaged person.

Maybe you dont fit the stereotypical abuse pattern, but mommy probably wore the pants and your dad was a cuck = you. Get over it.

stream.org/yes-childhood-sexual-abuse-often-contribute-homosexuality/
Still, it cannot be denied that a disproportionately high number of gay men were abused as boys, and that certainly contributed to their sexual and emotional development.