What's the best handgun to start a collection? Want something for self defense and recreational shooting...

What's the best handgun to start a collection? Want something for self defense and recreational shooting. Anything I should know before buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your school isn't recreational

Beretta 92fs.

M1911 from Springfield Armory or Auto-Ordnance, anything else is a copycat and NOT the real deal

I'm a fan of Glock, personally. Not their full size, the size just below that. They have a 9mm and 40 that is easy to operate, easy to clean, easy to deal with. It's never misfired or jammed on me.

Also, if you're starting, go to a local gun range and rent a few. Find the one you're most comfortable with the recoil. I started on a .45. I still like my 1911, but I also am more accurate with my .40

Bump from a Kimber fan

I watched too much CSI Miami and wanted a Sig Sauer P229 but decided on a .45 220 instead. I love it, but I half regret not trying a bunch at a range first.

If you're collecting for fun, just do what I did and buy whichever gun got you interested in collecting first. If you're wanting to start shooting and collect performance guns, go shoot them first.

Glocks. Very light and u dont need a holster. Just slide it into your trackpants.

Anything less than a .44 mag revolver is for pussies

Hey you can go up from there I just said anything less

actually, any gun at all is for pussies
real men don't need guns

Good for wilderness hiking. It will kill a bear.

This is for you, faggot:

youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

thanks bernie

>I voted for Hillary

Sig 226 in 357sig. Well rounded round, basically a 9mm on roids. Reloading makes it cheap as well.

Had a 1911. Key word: had. What a pain in the ass complicated fucking gun. So easy to fuck up. Clearly a complete dumbass would recommend this gun to a novice. My two cents: buy something easy to maintain like a revolver or glock.

dont get a basic bitch glock, or a ghetto point fotie.

And, honestly, if you're worried about self-defense, you should probably just get yourself a pussy home defense shotgun. Can't really fuck up shooting someone with that shit.

Collect what special forces use. Then you'll know that they're reliable.

Basic is good, especially for a beginner. Take it from a Texan. All you dumbass beaners with your gold plated, small penis compensating guns. Pic relevant.

I carry a Glock29 compact 10mm. Comparable firepower to 40 magnum but holds 10 rounds. Was made for FBI but too powerful. I take it backpacking/camping for safety and use for home defense. Extremely reliable. Light. Accurate. Easy to clean. Love it. Ammo is expensive but I'm not a huge range shooter so I don't mind.

Anyone telling a novice to start with a 1911 or some complicated, expensive as fuck gun is selling a romanticized version of gun ownership. Probably 13 year olds who have never even handled a gun outside of boy scout summer camp. Get something simple and reliable. Keep it clean. Start with a lower caliber. You can move up to a .38 or .40 after you can prove to yourself that you can handle a 9mm.

The HK USP .40 is a great handgun. You hear dumb shit on the internet about the .40, but that's only coming from people who can't shoot it.

Glock if you're on a budget, Sig Sauer if you got a little extra to burn. Both make awesome guns. Don't be a hipster fag

There's a reason you start your kiddies off with a .22

.357 magnum is a proper gun imo.

Opinions differ due to requirments and preferences. Ask yourself the following questions:

>What will I mostly want to use it for?
>Easy maintenance or not?
>Revolver or semi auto pistol?
>Do I care about the cost of ammo?
>What range will I use it?
>How reliable does it have to be?
>What climate or weather condition will I be using this? (Grips, reliabillity etc)
>Am I good at aiming/recoil control
>Why didn't I go to /K/?

Lastly always make sure to get some hours shooting the gun you wish to purchase. Feel free to add to this I'm sure I missed some pointers.

Hi point, buy like 20 of them

This.
It's one sexy, reliable full-size

Thats pretty Ghetto

Coonan Arms .357mag. Put those 10mm fanboys to shame. kek

.357 magnum is a fucking Hunter S. Thompson gun. Poor newfag is gonna knock his teeth out on the recoil.

Nice gun. The grip is huge and can feel like you're holding a brick if you have smaller hands. Best advice, as another user pointed out, is to go to a gunshop and see what feels good in your budget. Find the old guy behind the counter. He'll point you in the right direction.

Check demolition ranch on hi point guns. He wants to hate it and they are ugly chunks of metal. But it actually held up pretty damn good in testing.

Get a Glock 19, it's the Toyota Camry of guns

get a s&w 686 fun to shoot and good for self defense.

>Said literally every beta male puss ever

Do you plan to kill niggers with it?

CZ 75b 9mm. Good gun to start with.

To start a collection, I would go with guns that hold value and are easier to trade up. The more exotic sigs and hk are better than glock. Keep an eye out on armslist. I recently acquired a $600 ak47 and traded it for a 1911 trp

I have an STI 1911, I wouldn't call it not the real deal.

I think the issue with high point is the reliability. I wouldn't trust my life to one, but if we're just talking range toy then yes give me 2

I carry a S&W SW40VE. ~$300. Easy and reliable.

People here have no idea what STIs are my man

Every collection should start with a 1911.

over rated.

Agreed. Fits the idiots' idea of an awesome fucking gun though. OP might be dumb enough to listen to the idiots though.

Yup. "It served the troops, it is legend". I really dislike the 45acp as well other than if you're running a silencer and trying to be sneaky.

Dumbest gun I ever bought was a Taurus Judge. Hands down retarded. Better chance of hitting myself in the face than the target I was aiming at with that shit.

Don’t fall for the “muh stopping power” meme. The best gun for self defense is the one you shoot the best.

I really like the PM Makarov. Small frame but has a pretty big punch. Might be a little difficult to find one if you're in America (which I assume you are since Eurocucks have pretty much banned all weapons) and ammo can also be a bit difficult to find.