Sup Forums hates hip-hop now

>Sup Forums hates hip-hop now
What went wrong?

They got better tastes?

because rockists dismiss it as "le niger musik xd" while forgetting that blacks invented rock.

Retards Attempting Poetry

I always hated rap and i hated how hyper promoted it was over the last years.
I think we really need to move on from nigger music desu

Or nigger culture in general

all of the leftist and moderates are growing bored of this site and the racist who have been here since 2006 are running the whole show. it's a shame, i bet m00t wants to destroy this place

> le rockism maymay

kill yourself

Maybe people just don't like the lazy music and ignorant lyricism

this meme needs to die

I never liked it much, and I'm not racist. I just don't get how taking bits of other people
s music and speaking poetry about your political beliefs is innovative, when it's exactly what hip hop has been for the past 30 years.

You're the sperg who went full wew lad in that rym thread aren't you

Good music transcends politics and race. Rap doesn't. Rap isn't good music. QED.

It was bound to happen. Memerap, pop rap and top 40 music has been popular on here since 2010.

no one here knows enough about politics to even be called a "leftist"

American politics 2015-2017 has resulted in a mass colonisation of this site, primarily from /r/The_Donald and other low-IQ communities who think Sup Forums is "the website for alt-right people". These are VERY recent imports who do not understand anything of Sup Forums's culture and are primarily here for Sup Forums, but leak into other boards after a while.

Unsurprisingly, this has completely changed the culture of every other board. 2016 and earlier Sup Forums was very big into hip hop, both mainstream and experimental. Post-US election the alt-right immigrants to this site have pushed "le nigger music xxDD" meme and destroyed any serious discussion on Sup Forums.

i dont hate hip hop because it was made by black people, i hate it because its just retarded sounding. i could care less that rock was made by a black person.

Nothing. Sup Forums just keeps getting more and more out of touch with what's happening with music. They have sort of become a different take on lewronggeneration kids.

/classical/ doesn't care for stuff outside the common practice period except early 20th century classical.

/jazz/ doesn't care for any of the more innovative things happening in jazz right now, and only focuses on newer stuff that sounds like older stuff.

/metal/ can't stand stuff done in a style innovated after 1998.

/bleep/ can't do any style of dance music created after the late 90s as well, maybe some early dubstep but that's it.

The rest of Sup Forums itself can't seem to move on from the same few set of older albums they dick ride, and don't really seem to care about actually new developments in music at all. Note how the most loved releases from this decade have been from Kanye (pop rapper who waters down interesting concepts), Death Grips (gimmicks over actually innovative songwriting/composition), Grimes (does nothing new but gets dickridden for being innovative), and Swans (a band that'll be 40 years old in four years.)

Sup Forums is arguably among the most out of touch music spots on the internet.

You can tell when its a newfag because they werent there when Sup Forums decided that the word nigger wasnt powerful enough and started calling people double niggers

You're right about the mass immigrants causing problems, but wrong about the source. Most (not all) tD spergs stay on Sup Forums. The problem is normalfags and lefties brought to Sup Forums because it's front page news on MSNBC. To pretend they don't exist is sheer self delusion.

Rap has N E V E R been good.

t. came here for the election (of king nig in 2008)

man there's been le nigger music meme on Sup Forums since time immemorial

do you want a reply or something?

>Out of touch
By definition any board where every thread isn't top 40 is "out of touch" with normie shit. That's not necessarily a bad thing. The word you're looking for is conservative – Sup Forums avoids new sounds and genres until they're well proven and well produced.

On top of that there are pages on facebook that post screenshots from here which i'm sure brings people in.

Don't forget commies, Antifa and Democrats (lol redundant) who saw Sup Forums's influence rising and want a piece of the cake through artificial consensus.

I've been here since the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. Not into rap.

Not at all. Sup Forums's not only avoiding the latest developments in pop music, but also the true developments happening in art and experimental music as well. It's the latter two that I feel is far more damaging for a site that pretends to be a know it all elitist spot.

you could care less?

well said.

Okay, that's a much more fair and sensible criticism than "oh no the rap is gone". If you want to discuss it, why not start a thread though? Or just discuss it in related threads, drop some links, and try to get some interest.

The best thing that could happen to mu are if we purged poptamist faggots like you. and didnt have 30 threads about the latest meme rapper called lil lil who looks like a retard and makes terrbile music.

Also anyone who has ever posted in a kpop thread should be tracked down and murdered with an ice pick

>lil lil
elicited a lil lul

Why an Ice Pick?

there's several levels of normies

NORMIES
-top 40s

ALT NORMIES
-Tame Impala
-Mac Demarco
-Grimes
-Chvrches
-Arctic Monkeys (for the youngins)
(you get the idea)

INTERNET NORMIES
lofi hip hop
ironic vaporwave

Hell there's even metal normies (metallica), goth normies (also known as mallgoth), art normies (slightly weird but ultimately just pop music) etc etc

they're all normies. they all have their stacies and chads. turns out the power structure is unavoidable.

the good thing is that in every one of these subcultures (primarily followed as a trend or style, not necessarily a love of the music) has things that it deems attractive, so hey maybe there's one of these subcultures that you'll actually be pretty cool in and not a total loser

Sup Forums only hates Hip Hop during real EU hours when Americans are working or in class. In like 6 hours the catalog will be flooded with trap threads once again.

Make threads about it. I'd be interested.

Like straight out, what are the most important artists to follow right now? In terms of devoloping music?

American here.

Rap is crap

Hip hop is a lazy genre though. None of the musical attributes of electronic music were passed on to Hip hop artists except for the producers.

Poptamism, meme rap, EDM, its so obama years. We need to move on from that.

White guilt suburban white teens for years killed any possibly of decent discussion of many genres because they kept spamming shitty hip-hop

Good thing, it's finally going away, rap was always the cancer of Sup Forums

This so much this, music desperately needs something new,

>posting ironic memes unironically

Any artist whose name starts with "lil" should be banned from discussion on Sup Forums

>Sup Forums pranks.jpg

the irish taught black slaves their folk music who brought it to america. white people created music the entire time, blacks did nothing but change it alittle with the blues

Yeah, now all we have are Lauren, Grimes, and other threads where retards discuss everything BUT music.

The Irish didn't immigrate in mass until the 1840s. By then slavery was well established and black slaves only heard Christian religious music and their own worksongs which was was considered an accompaniment to every day activities. Stop fucking lying.