I need a redpill on learning English language

Sup Forums, help me
I am 19 y/o, scored 8.0 at the IELTS academic, but i am still not comfortable with writing anything even remotely substantial in English.

How do I upgrade myself from being semi-literate to a near-native level of English proficiency?

All the usual ways are mostly for newbies only

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_MkkfVy3_M)
youtube.com/watch?v=ozYao1Mju7A&list=LL-t68LmBLN_JB0VTxmXp4iw&index=4
learnrussian.rt.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
reddit.com/r/languagelearning/comments/50jv72/introducing_a_languagelearning_discord_server/
mega.nz/#!EmIw2C6B!IDfM128UMaNV5DsfSMeSfwavjqPsKV23EDEBAt6evsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read some books, news articles...
or continue posting qts

believe in jesus christ and you will know what is truly important: saving yourself from the eternal fires of hell

Practice makes everything better, user.

depends on what dialect you're going for.
If you want to sound British: watch british movies, listen to british speakers, read british literature.
If you want to sound American: don't. British is the best version of English.

Just go on reddit or some shit pyccкийбpo

remember: jesus christ died for your sins but you should still pray daily to God above so he will keep shielding our heavenly planet from the ravages of Satan

I am, and that's the problems. I am constantly asking myself, when i am speaking English, whether I am using correct grammar/sentence structure or not.

And obviously most of the time i do not expect people to fix my mistakes for me

You're doing better than the average high schooler in Ohio.

You could always ask any English-speaking friends you have online to correct you or something.

Your OP is perfectly readable, just keep shitposting on Sup Forums.

ponder not those things. all pales in comparison to our God, the AWESOME God, and his divine holiness. what are we but blips: flashing, fleeting moments in time and space that stream past Him as he exercises powers greater than our most vast imaginations

Well, your grammar is fine. Just read more English grammar related books to know about syntactical rules of English. To be honest, speaking is harder for me because I simply can't disable my accent and sometimes it led to unintelligible rambling.

I wish i had English-speaking friends. Unfortunately, most of my friends are either addidas-wearing gopniks (youtube.com/watch?v=9_MkkfVy3_M) who'd beat me for asking about English grammar, or Dota-addicts, who's knowledge of English is limited to Cyka Blyading

Use twitter for know people ^^

I know that feel bro, but I have kinda managed to simulate accent from English movies, so I;ve managed to mostly solve that problem.
But see the previous post () I have no idea if it's possible to use the word "WHO" the way I used it. And i had no idea, ath the time of writing, as to how do I check whether i can use this word like that or not.

I tried to google for good grammar-related books for upper intermediate+ users, but I have found none, so if u know/can recomend any, I'd dump a pack of cutie photos here

Teach me Russian instead
>youtube.com/watch?v=ozYao1Mju7A&list=LL-t68LmBLN_JB0VTxmXp4iw&index=4

How do I? Surely, u don't expect me to ask random people random English language questions, do u?

The only Western girl I've ever spoken to IRL used this site: learnrussian.rt.com

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
give me any contact where i can talk with you and explain you

There are lots of books that you can choose. Back in my university days, we used Betty Schrampfer Azar's English Grammar trilogy. Pretty good for ESL/EFL students.

reddit.com/r/languagelearning/comments/50jv72/introducing_a_languagelearning_discord_server/

ignore le reddit but the people on here do know how to teach others, and there's a LOT of english natives who can help you

I can help you with revision, grammar, and all that junk. Post some contact info and I'll help whenever asked.

Make an account in telegram! You can talk without giving your phone number

Thanks, I'm going to be staying in Volgograd for a year so I thought I may as well touch up on my Russian.

Also to answer your question: The only foreigners I know that went from proficient to near-native are the one's that spent some time in a English speaking country.

Also, you can/should ask English speakers for help. 99% of the time they will be willing to help you. It also makes for great conversation starters for when speaking to qt3.14s.

Best of luck!

Your English seems fine. Even some natives struggle with structure and grammar.

The key is to speak s l o w l y.

Thanks. Discord (if u have it): Draky#4372

If you don't - post what communication apps u use, maybe i have them -_-

I don't wanna deanon myself -_-

The promised cutie dump: mega.nz/#!EmIw2C6B!IDfM128UMaNV5DsfSMeSfwavjqPsKV23EDEBAt6evsI

You got Skype?

Been looking to Learn Russian myself and make a foreign friend

Same user

Or anything you like to use, I'm not picky.

Just made a discord lol. Okay if I add you?

sure)
That's why I posted it)

Wasn't sure of how to go about it, can be pretty autismo occasionally

Find tv shows with the highest density of talking possible, listen to those until you understand 99.5% of what is said. Then read some books.

Fuck you.
I got only 7.5

If u are picrelated, i would be happy to give u private lessons, do u mind traveling to Tuga?
I promise I won't rape you...

Sadly, i am not, but feel free to message me Discord: Draky#4372

American dialect: Good for bantering, shit for talking normally
British dialect: Don't bother bantering, good for talking normally