OK Sup Forums, I need help

OK Sup Forums, I need help.

My parents disconnect the router after 10 every night. It fucks with my vidja and shitposting. They know fuck all about how a router works, and I know how it works. How can I convince them that unplugging it every night is bad for it?

Tell them constant power cycling overloads the circuits. Also move out of your parents house faggot.

Tell them u gotta stop all the downloading ur a computer

Thank god for your parents, gtfo

Just go the 2spooky route and tell them that disconnecting it keeps it offline from downloading firmware and such for security patching

Hello underageanon.
If you're not underage, then move out and get your own router.
Good luck finding a job.

stop being 12 years old, go get your own place with your own hardwired router, and stop using mommy's wifi like a gigantic faggot.

I'm a junior in HS :(

Just plug it back in.

Tell them that it causes 'electrical stressing' upon the components.

When integrated circuity components are charged/discharged with current, it DOES slowly wear them out, which could cause premature failure.

The firmware of the router must also run a basic POST (Pre-Operating System Test) whenever powered up.

If they then resort to disconnecting your cable/DLS modem, then your ISP will see that your modem is no longer connect to your their network. This may have their system assign your modem a new IP address, which they might bill your parents for.

You could do that or simply purchase a disposable/burner cell phone with a data plan, and tether that to your desktop/laptop for internet access.

That, or grow-up, move out, and get your own internet which you can disconnect yourself.

well they disconnect it and then take it. Prob should've clarified that.

mo8ds

POST is power on self test you dip shit

Buy another router.

buy your own router and run some cat5

Read my previous post;

Those brief power spikes will damage both the AC adapter and the components of the router, perhaps even wear out the barrel plug for the adapter.

Though, realistically, you'd have to unplug/replug the roputer several thousand times to see any real wear. And considering that routers and power adapters are dirt fucking cheap, your parents likely won't care.

crack your neighbor's wifi.

>How can I convince them that unplugging it every night is bad for it?
say it tunes itself for optimal operation and turning it off resets this complex optimization. it has to work twice as hard for the first hour after reset and results in poor performance until complete.

also, you should be studying and not on Sup Forums. i'm going to disconnect the router.

Any tips on doing that? They're pretty close, and the connection is pretty good.

My room is pretty damn far, so no cat5. As for the router, wouldn't they see my replacement when they go to plug it back in?

mom pls let me shitpost

use reaver on kali. you can brute force it or use a dictionary.

It is refereed to in both fashions.

The 'Self Test' is typically only for dummy devices that only run firmware (ie. router or television, etc.)

'Pre-OS Test' is for software systems with firmware hardware controllers.

Stop thinking Windows and desktops, but consider embedded systems (telecom switches and the like).

I've actually dabbled in kali before, so I could totally do that. Cheers!

yeeep

I've also had luck with AirSnort in Ubuntu on a netbook.

underage b&

Touche'

but she may be cute

Would ubuntu off a USB work?

am guy, 4/10

kek, nice GI Joe nostalgia

Break it and break two more, then tell that's bad being shutdown everyday.

Maybe instead of stopping them, you can put your own device in between your ISPs box and your router that your parents take. That way they can keep taking it, and your box is still connected.

Yep, it's called a 'LiveDrive' or 'Portable' OS. It would be slower, considering you'd likely be running USB 2.0, and hella slow if running from a CD or DVD, but the OS would run just the same, and no data logging once you've unmounted and shutdown the system.

:thinking:

Better yet, the cabinet is a mess of wires and bullshit. Just have a random cat5 cable coming out of the wires that connects to fuck all, and the real one behind it.

we did it reddit

I've mounted ISOs to drives before, I got that. I was just wondering if it needed to be installed in order to work instead of live

>They know fuck all about how a router works, and I know how it works.
first and for most, neck yourself.