Anthony Fantano and the Death Grips BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=Ie51w2-h1wc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6sZ3TZc8Io
youtube.com/watch?v=hgyUDtvCPhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How can a subjective opinion be wrong or right?

if i shave my head will my reviews be good too?

fuck the melon

He's right though. Black Ken is a genuinely great album, probably one of the best ones lil B has made

why is this 40 year old fuck listening to meme rap

Because he fucks young pussy and you masturbate to Death Grips every night

Who is this pussy destroyer

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE BALD HEADED CRACKA!

MOVE OVER, MELON!

A NEW KING OF Sup Forums RISES!

Is Lil B actually not a meme?
Dude has 100 fucking projects I rather not bother with.

>these are the types of people you share the board with

God tier comment

i'm 3 minutes in and his logic is actually the stupidest i've seen in a music review so far

go to bed, Ryan

did you not watch the video or something? he has facts and figures. can't argue with sciems.

It's absurd but very sincere. He's trying to spread positivity and fun through making whatever kind of music he wants, which often comes off as ridiculous. As dumb as it sounds you actually have to "get" Lil B, not that his music is obscure of challenging, but that you won't enjoy it if you're listening to it as an ironic meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=h6sZ3TZc8Io
Take this one, the retarded lyrics, over-the-top beat, and nonstop adlibs are like a warped version of "just turn your brain off bro" rap, and it's fun as hell because he's not taking himself seriously or trying too hard to fit an "aesthetic" like the hundreds of rappers that have ripped him off

He's a hip hop aficionado.

This guy is a genius

Question your assumptions: you're looking at music-criticism as if it exists to serve this purpose of creating a range of values from 1 to 10. I think that's a false assumption (toward the end of the video I compare it to men keeping a ranking for women's attractiveness from 1 to 10, and I state why I think both are counterproductive). You have a second assumption: that you CAN'T ignore bad tracks on a mixtape, but that's EXACTLY what I do as a consumer/listener, and that's the methodological point I'm drawing attention to: even "classic" albums from Wu-Tang have the majority of their tracks deleted from my hard-drive. Maybe you listen to music by forcing yourself to hear every album from start to finish, as if you were still using vinyl (and couldn't lift the needle) but 99.9% of people don't. We (listeners) do delete and ignore the worst tracks, and artists now can include second-rate material (from the recording-room floor) in part because there's no upper limit (no equivalent to, "How many minutes can fit on this CD?") and in part because they can trust the audience to do the sifting/editing for themselves. Is that perspective, "really stupid"? No, it's just a challenge to some of the fundamental assumptions that you seem to share with some music critics. Obv., music critics may regard their profession as an-end-in-itself, and may regard scores (1 to 10) as an-end-in-themselves. That's not my perspective. I'm not trying to create a ranked-and-ordered list of "best albums of 2017" against an outdated notion of what "an album" is (as an aesthetic unit); instead, like 99% of people, I'm trying to get new (good) tracks onto my hard-drive. That's the reality. Am I interested in the album's overall concept, conditions of recording, etc.? Sure, but only if it's somehow outstanding/interesting, and, even then, that is basically just an anecdote that's external to the significance of the music to myself as a consumer.

melon beef

How can OP's opinion be wrong or right if it's a subjective opinion? Didn't think of that did you faggot :)

Facts don't mean shit when listening to music. It's all subjective

I hate subjectivist faggots

That's actually a good explanation.

This person is completely retarded and has extremely low expectations of quality of music.

If he seriously believes that you only need 2 great tracks for an album to be great than he has not listened to enough music.

If only half of the songs on the album are worth listening to, the album can not be a great album. If you are deleting tracks from an album so that you don't have to listen to them anymore, that album can not be great.

This dude is impressed by an album that has 4 great tracks (out of 27) so he gave it a 10.

So what would he give an album where half of the songs are great? Most of the songs? All of the songs? Does that make these albums more than a 10 out of 10?

Either this guy is a good troll or he seriously needs to start listening to actual albums

>I hate it when people are right

Anthony Fantano BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=hgyUDtvCPhQ

what said, but he actually has some stuff that is lyrically great too. like his gods father mixtape is a good generic rap project with some based flavor