Ask a gamestop employee some questions

Ask a gamestop employee some questions.

How much for 35,000 n64s still in the box all with super smash bros

Why are most GameStop employees such smug assholes as if they aren’t slaving away at a job literally anyone could do?

No idea :)

R u 1 of them random hot chicks that works there sometime or someone else?

Do you have battletoads?

how many applications from no life basement dwellers do you get in a week?

looking for battle toads, on the wii, 9000 mudkip edition

I've actually met quite a few dudes that think they are higher beings because they work there its really odd. I like it cause I get paid to play bideo games most days.

The only hot girl that I know of that works here is a lesbian and I'm someone else.

I actually do have 2 copies.

UPVOTE

Why are the prices so inconsistent. Routinely you see new games on sale that are cheaper than their used counterparts.

A literal fuck ton. You would be surprised the amount of nasty ass dudes that come in smelling like shit and try to hit on young girls its extraordinary.

I have no idea actually I ask myself that too. My favorite part is when we put clearance stickers on games for more money than they were before the sale.

You gotta come in and reserve that one its a $200 deposit.

Granted it isn’t all employees but I’ve had several completely ignore pleasantries or light hearted banter while checking out as if it’s beneath them.

$7

What's something we'd be shocked to know... or do you have any tricks/tips on getting deals, etc?

I would probably just chock it up to having a long day or something although pretty much everyone I work with is apparently depression ridden and suicidal so maybe its that.

When the fuck will my trade ban be up? You fuckers seriously ban people for trading TOO MANY games? I give you too much product? I'd understand if it's like ten of the same game, but even couple days I'd sell a game or three. What the hell, I even pay for that dumb membership.

whats the worst customer you ever got?

The best things to do are taking advantage of certain deals. There's one deal where trading in 6 games or more gets you an extra 60 percent credit so if you just buy some cheap games from the flea market or have some laying around you have a really good chance of making it out with a lot more than expected. Another is the buy any 2 preowned items get the 3rd free you can buy 3 used nintendo switches get a third free and re-sell them for a 300 dollar profit online.

The only reason you would really get a trade ban is because someone thinks you're stealing games from walmart and reselling them frequently. If you go to the right store they don't really give a shit my boss just says it helps our numbers so who gives a fuck.

These are NES and Sega Genesis games tho, nothing after like the 360 lol. Really strange.

There was a lady who preordered a Pop figure for her son and she came in looking for it 3 months after it was released so we didnt have it anymore (we hold preorders for a week tops) so I offered her the money back for the preorder and she started screaming in the store about her autistic child who was having an aneurysm because he didn't have a pop figure. She wound up calling corporate and my boss told me she's a frequent problem and not to let her in the store anymore.

Do you repackage used returned packages with slight scuffs and sell them as new?

Yea that's just go in and when they ask for a rewards card don't give them one youll lose the extra 10 percent if you're a pro member but its better than nothing.

I think it's probably tied to my ID. The idiots when I called told me that they have the ban because people "abuse" their system by selling them too many games. I asked why not warn people when they're getting close and he said it was because people would abuse that too. I don't understand that logic one bit.

If the person says there's nothing wrong with it we throw them right back on the shelf.

That's racist.

You gotta go to a different store I "forget" to check ID's all the time. Don't bring any phones tho that shit is a pain in the ass to do.

Have you noticed sales of physical copies seriously declining with the rise in popularity of digital copies of games?

jesus

How many little kids have came up to you wanting to purchase "insert M rated game here" and have you ever sucessfully pursuaded a kid not to buy it?

Not really although its being expected because gamestop is starting to open up all those think geek stores and focusing on collectibles more.

do you guys have any old Nintendo or Sega Genesis games?

where do you work?

My favorite thing to do is tell 10 year old kids they cant buy gta v then they bring their mom in and I convince her not to get it for her son. Its usually the "You actually walk around and kill hookers" line that gets them.

I don't have any genesis but I have a bunch of nes and snes.

Gamestop.

what's y'all's policy on shoplifting? do you have a no chase policy?

what about Battletoads?

We technically are suppose to just call the cops but I like stopping people and making a big scene about it, it gives me a solid kek.

What's the policy on shapeshifting?

Describe your average shift and what you do. Also, with money do you keep all big bills under the drawer at the registered or do you have a system like a safe where the money can be deposited?

Refer to an earlier answer :)

Clock in, snapchat for a bit, watch streams on the company Ipad then demo a game so I have an excuse to play something while occasionally helping out a customer or 2.

how was conference, did you meet troy baker?

Since more and more people are just downloading games instead of buying them, have your profits declined?

We deposit the cash into a safe once the registers reach a certain amount.

You do this often?

they're called sga's

I meant downloading them like on steam vs buying the physical item.

Sadly only the managers go but my boss said he had a good time they fly you to vegas for free then pay for your room and food. He essentially gambled got drunk and played games then at the end of it they give all of them free gaming systems this year they got switch's and ps vr's I think.

Oh okay cause at my old job we had to deposit big bills asap. Manager was a dick every time someone had more than $150 in big bills in the drawer

People don't steal as often as you might think most people are actually pretty chill.

listen, i don't want to have you get caught or give away your ID but can i ask which region you're in

I'm trying to find a game for my son, preferably for the Wii.

I really liked this game as a kid, it was for the Nintendo.. I can't remember the name though

I think it was called.. Amphibious Assault or something? do you think they have that for the Wii?

switch, psvr, xbox one x and a fuck ton of free games. and a bunch of useless shit, usually give it to the ga's

I don't know what the numbers used to look like since I haven't been there long but we sell a lot of physical copies so I'd say its not toand if anything its amazon that's hurting profit more than steam tbh.

Turtles?

Frogs? Combat Frogs?

really, is that what you think? where do you get your data, and does your SSL let you see the metrcs outside of level up?

ASL not op here, its because we can't undercut sale prices from vendors who change the price we sell the game for

I'd imagine it'd be Battletoads we're looking for then.

I think you mean semiaquatic throwdown in which case I have it on the wii u not the wii.

Battletoads?

I've gotten destiny 2 and fifa 18 for free so far and I'm supposed to get the new cod I wouldn't have bought any of the three but they're free so ill play em. (I'm an sga btw)

What’s it actually like working there?
Are there any benefits? Like do you get any free stuff or ???

I get some games for free and I can also rent out any preowned game I want for a few days whenever I want.

Solid advice, thanks.

As payment here is my ex's pawg ass

old timer not op, benefits are ok for management, better for corp, meh for asl or sga full timers.

plenty of freebees depented on rank, i let a lot of my stuff trickle down, i dont play games much any more.

good discount, easy job, rent new games for free, just dont fuck em up.

I try not to touch level up with a 10 foot pole its annoying as shit and yea he shows me some stuff I don't get then just says yea this means we are doing good and most of my knowledge on our profit comes from whatever he tells me so technically I could be just giving you some really false info :)

Warfare amphibians?

Cool thanks. I need a job, might apply to the one near me, what’s the interview like? I don’t really play video games that much anymore and only really played games like Pokémon, fire emblem etc, so I don’t really know much about the bigger ones, would this be a problem ??
& this might sound bad but I’m curious, do girls working there get treated differently?

Its really easy I brought a resume and my boss was shocked so as long as you aren't brain dead you'll be fine especally since holidays are coming around a lot of seasonal people are gonna get hired and if you do good you'll likely get to stay. As for the girl thing I guess it would just depend on if the dudes are assholes or not everyone in my store are pretty good friends so we all hang out and shit. expect to be hit on by some raunchy ass dudes tho.

what do you do at gamestop besides selling games?

want to know cuz i might apply soon

Well are you cases are fucking empty? The fuck would they steal except the occasional cheap trinket you have before the register. Kind of sad that you'd make a scene for 5 dollars.

No one knows what sga is you sad fuck

Answer stupid phone calls, take trade ins of games,systems and phones, give game recommendations, and meet some daily sales goals you are suppose to get a certain number of reserves and pro cards per day.

Nah dude its collectibles some of those things go for good cash.

thats it, huh i thought there was more to it.

Someone said sga and ga earlier dick mouth. Ga is game advisor which is just the entry level position. Sga is essentially a key holder. Asl is assistant store leader aka assistant manager. and Sl is store leader aka manager.

How are you?

I'm pretty good thanks for asking. How bout you?

Same. Keep being pretty good

You too pal.

Why can't I get a job for seasonal help. What do I need to do to get past the managers "apply online" "haven't gotten to them yet".

How's the circle of life program treating you so far?

Poor user, you haven't been told this yet:
>Online applications are the hiring equivalent of a brick through the window with a note taped on
>You need to call/enter the store multiple times over the next few months to show interest
>Be persistent but not irritating
>Getting the interview is a near guarantee of hire in most low end jobs like that one