Medical advice? I welcome the trolls but I wanted to get a second opinion. I have a problem with alcoholism...

Medical advice? I welcome the trolls but I wanted to get a second opinion. I have a problem with alcoholism, and I've been overdosing on excedrin and acetaminophen every day for the about the last 8 years, I know its not healthy but i never cared, today i woke up and took my daily dump, but it was bloody. the amount of blood in the toilet bowl was equivalent to a decent gash or cut. What odds do you think I have the beginning stages of liver failure? I called an emergency advice nurse but they put me on hold for 20 mins before i just hung up, besides i'd much rather hear what you guys have to say about it.

go to the doctor

go to the dr, then look up IBS and ffs drink some water

Yeah, because asking the net's largest troll site is soooo much better than asking a medical professional.

You mean ethanol is bad for the body, especially in large daily doses?! Who woulda thunk?!

go to a goddamn doctor.

alcoholfag here
be my friend user, we'll get along

blood in your shit can mean a lot of different things. I.E. cancer, liver failure, bowel problems, stomach ulcers, etc. Best to just go to the doctor and stop doing all that bad shit to your body mate. Won't be around much longer if you don't

Really not looking forward to the colonoscopy that comes with it :\

Drink of choice?

sounds like hemorrhoids if you have no other symptoms

Drink of choice is gin, preferably Tanqueray, but that's an expensive sport.
Since I drink every single day, it's mostly cheapest boxed wine in quantities for me.

ok then either get over that and go to a doctor or continue to ignore it and dont make threads on Sup Forums about it. jesus christ

oh and a cocktail of antidepressants, which makes the booze work
without the meds I'm fucked

Was it painful when you took the shit? I've had internal hemorrhoids that flare up occasionally and cause bloody shits.

you would have noticed yellowint eyes and skin as well as water retention and increased sweating well before you had blood in the stool. That being said, there is a decent chance that your drinking and pain pills have damaged your bowels in some other fashion.

If you can identify red blood it's hemmeroids. Any further up the intestines changes the color of blood to dark brown grey or black.

go to ER. prbly just hemmoroids. but get looked at.

fuck doctors

just stop drinking

close, it can be as far up as the beginning of the large intestine and still be red.

I have other symptoms, but that usually happens when you try to diagnose yourself online. according to WebMD i have 7 out of 8 symptoms of liver failure, same thing with colon cancer lol. I keep telling myself that i must've strained too hard, but it was closer to the consistency of diarrhea. It didn't hurt at all to shit, i've also had a stomach ache the past 16 hours even after downing a bottle of pepto and a handful of tums.

Gin is good, I don't drink much of liquor anymore because i used to down a fifth of vodka or jack every day like last year but i stopped because whiskey shits. Now I usually drink a Six pack of Heineken every night.

Oh, about 80%. Excedrin and Acetaminophen+alcohol? Your liver is probably busily dying right now. Go to doctor or die.

You probably have a hemorrhoid that 'popped'.

You also probably have severe liver and kidney damage if you are actually taking as much acetaminophen as you say you are. You won't notice until it gets bad, and by the time it gets bad you are already fucked.

Kidey or liver failure are some of the most painful ways to die. Look forward to it.

Damn, your motherfucking life sounds miserable.

If it's fresh red blood it's more likely to be an anal fissure, haemerrhoids, or a cancer of the anus/rectum than liver failure. Either way, it can easily be serious so get it checked out. Also stop drinking unless you want to die a pretty horrible death very young. Liver failure is not a pretty way to go.

If you vomit blood than get to the ER immediately, as you could quite easily die from blood loss pretty quickly without aggressive resuscitation.

>i've also had a stomach ache the past 16 hours even after downing a bottle of pepto and a handful of tums.

you may have an intestinal blockage ( i know that the shitting makes this seem like a stupid idea but it does fit the bill. especially if the pain is intense and feels like pressure and is accompanied by burping and vomiting)

>i used to down a fifth of vodka or jack every day like last year but i stopped because whiskey shits. Now I usually drink a Six pack of Heineken every night.

kek, you're fine user

My stool/shit was a darker color, not black but definitely not brown, and it was followed by maroon/bright red blood. I haven't thrown up yet so im not sure about that part.

First of all stop taking excedrin if you drink, the combination of acetaminophen and alcohol is very toxic for the liver. Also the aspirin in excedrin makes you bleed faster. Come to think of it the alcohol makes you bleed faster too. The blood in the stool might just be from hemorrhoids so there might still be time to prevent further damage to the liver from the drugs/alcohol combination. Why do you take excedrin for?

Wouldnt an intestinal blockage cause constipation? If so i found the issue while shitting lol.

:)

Back in the day i took it for a concussion, but for the last 7 years its because of rebound headaches/withdrawls

>Wouldnt an intestinal blockage cause constipation?

yes, but the immediate effect is that the body goes into distress and liquefies all the shit after the blockage.

Welp, that sucks, because pretty much none of it had solids.

Alcoholism AND taking those shit meds?

Shoulda just smoked weed bro.

the OP has stated that the shit "was not painful" anyone who has had a hemorrhoid pop knows they HURT LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER. Its not those.

yes, and here is the kicker: If the bowel ruptures due to backpressure then your dead. from sepsis. go to a doctor.

I feel like i would die from internal bleeding long before sepsis took effect. :\

I found something on Intestinal ulcers could cause the stomach pain and blood i/am experiencing? Those won't kill me right? I really don't feel like going to the ER....

Just to point out OP that intestinal blockage isn't likely caused by liver failure - it's most commonly caused either by a cancer or having had surgery to the bowel in the past.

What are all of your symptoms that you've noticed? I know you mentioned something earlier about 7/8 but what are they?

Also where is the stomach ache? Central or more to the right hand side? Back or front of the body? Does it get better if you sit down and lean forward? Was the shit painful? How much acetaminophen do you take a day? How much do you drink a day, and for how long? (be honest). How much excedrin do you take, and do you take it with paracetamol as well?

Stomach ulcers don't tend to present with shitting red blood, it tends to be black 'coffee ground' shit instead. You're more likely to vomit with stomach ulcers.

However, given your alcohol use you're at a much greater risk of oesophageal varices rupture/bleed, which is a definite trip to the ER

Maybe replace that with ibuprofen. It has no interaction with alcohol and doesn't cause bleeding. Then try to stop taking analgetics for a while because the headaches can be caused by analgetic withdrawal.

Doesn't need to pop it can just bleed and it's not necessarily painful.

depends how good your clotting system is. if its a small rupture then it can clot while shit leaks into your abdominal cavity.

kill urself now ur already ded

No it present's with melena. Coffee ground is the way vomit looks if there's blood in the stomach.

Maybe you just have bad ..... Hemmeroids? Not a stomach ulcer coz you'd be throwing up blood or shitting coffeeb ground.

you have not had hemorrhoids then. what you most likely had were either fissures or polyps.

Well tell us you autist

Abdominal pain
Nausea
Disorientation or confusion
Sleepiness
A general sense of feeling unwell (malaise)
weight loss
fatigue
vomiting

all these things i've experienced in the past week or so, but I've always chalked this stuff up to alcohol. like two weeks ago i took couple day break from alcohol and woke up sweating and extremely nauseous and rolled out of bed onto the floor dry heaving (hadn't consumed alcohol that day) which i found odd, but like i said alcohol causes a lot of these. Which is why i've sorta ignored everything up until this point where im shitting blood.

And the abdominal pain is lower stomach, like my gut area.

Sometimes i do randomly get extremely hot and start sweating while literally just sitting at my desk, and sometimes i get chest pains and my heart starts beating really hard but then stops after a few seconds. now that im typing this shit i sort of feel like an idiot for asking if somethings wrong with me.

Hemorrhoids can be internal. If they are they don't hurt, and the can bleed.

How old are you OP?

if you did go to a doctor, and they did a blood test and thought your liver was having problems, they'd send you to a gastro enterologist and he'd poke at your liver. if you poke at it and feel anything hard or exceptional lumps it would be cirrhosis. i doubt it.

this is fake bait, however, because OP knows that alcohol and acetominophen abuse in combination is a number one cause of needing a liver transplant. it's an interesting buzz... a couple of times i drank a cup of theraflu, that has pseudoephedrine and acetominophen for flu symptoms and then drank weak cocktails and smoked weed. very weird zone.

don't do alcohol and tylenol. it's the worst idea. one shuts down the liver and the other has time to destroy it.

turn 25 tomorrow.

Abdominal pain
Youre drinking toxins of course your gonna have stomach aches your not young
Nausea
Alcohol
Disorientation or confusion
Prolonged alcohol use
Sleepiness
Pft you really can't sleep when when drunk
A general sense of feeling unwell (malaise)
Off course
weight loss
That's could be a serious symotom unless you NEVER eat our skinny fag
fatigue
Not good sleep
vomiting alcohol

I haven't been to a doctor in a few years, probably closer to 5. Also not bait mate :)

Ok forget about all the cancers everybody's talking about, you are too young for most cancers.

Hey user, Doc here.
Maybe your shit-stirring, but i'll bite. Symptoms of gastrointestinal bleeding in liver failure or impairment are often high volume and can be fatal (think of people vomiting blood). Your symptoms are non specific but may relate to impairment in your liver function. Abdominal pain that tends to occur lower down near the bladder tends to arise from colon (large bowel) and rectum.
You also describe symptoms of alcohol withdrawal; tremors, sweats, headaches, anxiety etc etc.

Answering your question about paracetamol (acetominophen), levels required to cause significant liver failure (if not treated) are over >12g (ie about 24 tablets of 500mg)

My advice, get your bloods checked and consider stopping the boozing.
Hope this info help.

why the flying fuck do you take acetaminophen everyday? Thats all Excedrin is is Tylenol and caffeine

I think it's time to go do a check up.

Not disagreeing with you, but I take sleeping pills for sleeping issues so I agree the sleepiness if probably just an attribute of my insomnia. And like i said most of the symptoms are direct causes of consistent consumption of alcohol, all of them except anal bleeding... hence why I made the thread... And I haven't vomited alcohol for probably the last couple years, when you drink every day you learn to to hold your liquor. Also I'm 5'11 and weigh 131 (inb4 manlet)

Not OP but maybe someone can help.

Was prescribed stims and they broke my dick, completely. I was on them from April 2014 until August 2015 and in spite of not being on them for two years my dick is still broken. I've only within the last few months regained somewhat of ability to get an erection when I go to bed and really think about it (I have to think about getting an erection now whereas it used to be I had to think not to get one).

Trouble getting hard, staying hard, not being as hard as was, leaking semen the second I'd go to wank, not ejaculating as much as I used to (sometimes I honestly have to look to find if I have ejaculated anything), semen dribbling out as opposed to shooting, not lasting long and a massive decrease in both libido and pleasure. Genitals look smaller, I feel numb down there. I stopped producing smegma for the longest time and it only starts up irregularly.

Since April 2014 I've woken with morning wood a handful of times and had no wet dreams, (stims destroyed my ability to dream, I used to lucid dream every night) I used to have wet dreams often (once had two in the same night when I was around 24). When getting off the stimulants my prostate/testicles ached so bad I had to go to the doctors. They said my prostate was fine.

I have a varicocele which is apparently benign (so says the public heath system. GP said he couldn't feel it, second doctor felt it instantly...) but I didn't feel it while on the stims and certainly did feel it getting off them.

I have felt/believed for sometime that I'm blocked up down there, urethra doesn't open like it used to. I can kinda feel it, don't feel 'open' like I did and even erections feel 'cramped' 'blocked' kinda. Think it's stricture of some sort.

Test came back two years ago at 24.2 (about 706 ngl). I thought this was a bit low but, considering I was in the midst of a heavy depression (partly caused by my sexual dysfunction) I thought it made sense.

it takes way less acetaminophen if you combine it with alcohol.

Thanks doc, and yeah I get the shakes, alcohol withdrawal is definitely relevant in this case.

Rebound headaches/withdrawals. Basically If i don't take it every day I get skull splitting migraines/headaches because my body is so used to having it, so when i don't get it it throws a fit. I talked to a doctor about it five years ago, and they told me then to quit cold turkey and i made it for a couple weeks, but i got a headache and now here we are years later.

:\

Ok. Alcoholic for years. Also native American fat fag. The best advice is to... Figure out your limit. Shot every thirty minutes and write a log. Don't over drink and take Allergy pilll always gave me s confused feeling.

I take four excedrin extra strength and two generic acetaminophen tablets every day i wake up.

wot m8

Well guys, I guess I got my second opinion. I appreciate all of your replies. I didn't get a diagnosis, but most of you agree that somethings wrong and I should prob see a doc. I'll schedule an appointment in the morning. Lets hope I don't need a new liver boi's. Happy birthday Sup Forums, mines tomorrow.

Do you also drink while doing that?

just smoke some meth. seriously worlds best headache cure. but then i must ask, why the fuck did you take it so regularly as to have your body needing it?

Wow. It's funny how we both choose that migraine relief. Trust me my brother. You don't need it. I only take then when I work now. Cna btw

Just an fyi - If you stop drinking completely then you have a chance of your liver getting better, and retaining enough liver function to get you through the rest of your life. There is lots of support out there for alcoholics, but you must want to change.

Secondly, it seems like lots of your symptoms are more related to alcohol withdrawal possibly than intake itself. The longer you go without using, the lesser they'll get. You can also ask your doc about detox/rehab programmes, which can make it easier and work well for some people.

Thirdly, stop taking the drugs everyday. Don't go cold turkey, but gradually lower the dose and ween yourself off so you don't suddenly get headaches etc. Neither is good for you in the long run, and aspirin + damaged liver is a highway to death by bleeding out as you literally won't be able to form a blood clot.

Also, pepper your angus because I can imagine there's going to be a few things going up it to look for the source of this bleeding.

Good luck bro

Man I'm looking forward to peppering my angus. So hungry

Bloody shit doesn't point to a liver problem, rather something with the intestines, like piles or something similar. If the blood was bright and red, the problem is very close to your rectum or right in it.
Liver failure means sking getting yellow, very dark piss and actually very light shit, even white.

m8 i've been friends with a lot of old folk, the kind that spend good amounts of time in the hospital.

They've all said "the colonoscopy is nothing, its the shit they make you drink beforehand thats bad"

You'll be fine, just go to the doctor.

thanks mates