Does anyone else think that gta 4 is really aesthetically pleasing?

Does anyone else think that gta 4 is really aesthetically pleasing?
Sometimes I just walk around in the game & pretend its real. I dont kill anyone or anything. I just walk around like a normal pedestrian & enjoy the visuals
>Ihavenofuckinglife.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

necessarygames.com/my-games
youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI
youtube.com/watch?v=XESrzw62rlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah it's pretty cool. and we all do those things user. I used to drive around stopping at red lights and stop signs and shit lol. do you not have gta 5?

New York, what a place.

I reccomend doom 3 and doom 2016 game for you OP. They have good environments.

Install the first person mod, it's amazing. I still boot it up every now and then, better than GTA V imo.

Not OP, but gta5 is my first gta game. It's one of the best games I have ever played, in what way can the outdated version be better?
Is it just nostalgia? Like people freaking out over ocarina of time (pixelated game was great for it's time but if it was released today it would be irrelevant)

It's better because you can fuck with npc's a whole lot more. They don't aggro on you for standing next to them, and they move when you walk into them so you can nudge them off stairs and cliffs or in water

yes i do that in pretty much every open world game. rate my autism.

I like GTA 4's story better. I've probably played through San Andreas and 4 at least 6 times each, 5 only played through once. 5 is a good game though, no doubt.

>Not being a stealth archer and killing everyting

I did that in most of the GTA games tbh, but you're right, 4 was especially pleasant. Part of it I think is that there was so much emphasis on social relationships that it forced you to see Niko as a real person whose life you were temporarily in control of.

I still remember playing 3 for the first time eons ago, everyone I knew was all into doing crazy shit just because you could, but I just kind of liked to walk around Liberty City and pretend my character was just a regular guy who lived there.

Just out of curiosity, what is it that GTAV does that makes it one of your favorite games? I play it and like it a lot, but I understand that for all it's polish and content it lacks depth. It doesn't really bring anything unique to the table outside of it's technical advances and attention to detail. Not attacking the game or your opinion, just hoping to understand why you praise it so highly. Have a pepe as a sign of goodwill

5 would have been better if they had either dropped Franklin's character and focused on Michael and Trevor, or else focused less on the online mode and made a long story like in most GTA games.

>GTA3
I liked getting a hooker and then knocking her ass out so I could get my money back.

100% agree, I feel like GTA IV really captured the gritty East Coast feel with that bluish-green tint whereas GTA V tried to go for the more vibrant West Coast aesthetic - I wish the Grand Senora Desert was bigger though

gta 4 is the only one i didnt buy
I played every other GTa including 1&2, I played 4 at a friends house and the game felt so bad and clunky I never bothered to buy it

yeah I did that a lot too. I also liked to target the pimps since they would always drop a lot of money.

It was also fun to walk up to cop cars in traffic and try to get in through the passenger door, then when the cop got out to start beating you run around to the drivers side and drive off in the car. I remember doing that over and over and making my cousin who was like 9 at the time laugh her ass off, then later her mom got mad at me for being a bad influence or whatever.

Man you missed out big time. I'd say gta IV was a lot more oldschool than V is.

I also liked shooting up the mall in GTA VC. Man those gta games really bring out the psycho in me.

Just for some context my favorite game before it was bioshock infinite, and before that, Destiny

I like gta5 so much because there was so much to do without getting bored, The cars are so well done I've spent several actual nights just driving around doing stuff. The three characters are probably my favorite feature and I could always play a different one based on how I was feeling. The way the characters and the game is written also feels unique and the humor really appeals to me. It parodies EVERYTHING and feels really self aware at the same time. I just haven't played a game that delivered that kind of punch before

And thanks for the Pepe

PC version is superior. I played it on an xbone once and it made me reeee

Fuck, that mall brings back some memories. That and the night club, I would always go in there and rake the crowd with the anti-tank gun. It always ended up missing a few people though, so I'd fight off one or two of the bouncers that survived and then go around taking out the survivors individually with the samurai sword.

I also liked taking the little helicopter from behind the coke dealer's mansion and flying up and down the beach chopping everyone up with the propeller.

>I like gta5 so much because there was so much to do without getting bored, The cars are so well done I've spent several actual nights just driving around doing stuff

You should really play some of the other GTAs, especially the old ones like Vice City and San Andreas. They're all fundamentally the same basic game but they're all unique, I've invested ridiculous amounts of hours into each one just wandering around the world fucking around with stuff and exploring.

>I also liked taking the little helicopter from behind the coke dealer's mansion and flying up and down the beach chopping everyone up with the propeller.
You can do that in GTA IV. Get in a helo and push it into the ground while spamming the Health cheat. You can clean up entire streets if you do it right. Reminds me of that harvester in GTA SA where you could run over people and red mist would come from the exhaust.

I always thought of Franklin as only being in the game to make the final decision at the end of the game lol

Make sure you get the DOOM 3 BFG Edition. It fixes a lot of the lighting issues, plus other modern tweaks.

>Just for some context my favorite game before it was bioshock infinite, and before that, Destiny

At the risk of sounding a bit snobbish, there's so many games out there that I almost think it's a shame that these are your favorites. Don't get me wrong, you do you user, but there's shooters that feel better than both of these games, RPG's and loot grinds that are more rewarding than destiny, games with strong themes that run deeper than Bioshock. Play whatever you enjoy the most, but I'd say take every chance you get to try something new or take a risk on a game you're not sure you'll like. Hope that came across right desu
I agree that GTAV is a blast to just goof around in. Though I wouldn't call it my favorite game or even my favorite GTA, I've spent a fuck ton of time doing sweet fuck all in GTA:Online with my friends.
If you like games with a strong, self aware sense of humor try Canis Canem Edit if you can deal with the dated control scheme.

What annoyed me about him is that he just wasn't interesting at all. The multi character thing was a good idea but the story was too short to support 3 characters and the whole thing was basically about Michael and Trevor. Like if the developers wanted to throw in a black guy just for diversity or whatever seems like the least they could do is develop his character and make him integral to the plot.

San Andreas had the most content. Having an air strip as a safehouse? Dual wielding Tec-9's while flying with a jetpack? YES

Red mist? you mean entire body parts. Atleast in the version i had. You heard a whole lot of crunching before body parts and blood came spittin out.

Shit was fantastic. "WE GOT OURSELVES A COMBINE RUSTLER"

Too bad the Steam version is a shitter, stripped version compared to the other releases.

San Andreas was the ultimate pinnacle of the sandbox world concept. They've done some interesting things since then but they will never attain that perfect combination of cartoonish ridiculousness and legitimate world building again.

I should re-play that game again soon it seems. great missions tho. I remember when people flipped their shit when they could torch weed in Far cry.
>GTA did it

I just use GTA 4 as a beat em up simulator, go down to helicopter tour place stand on the other side of the railing as people line up punch one sometimes they hit others then I run to the edge of the water see if I'm able to knock them out just in time for them to fall into the water probably have OCD is seem to do the same thing the same way everytime I play it for hours lol already completed so meh I have no life either OP

nobody needs you shit information or recomendations for shitty indie games.

Why is that you pseudo intellectuals always play these weird obscure games nobody likes?

I mean are you telling somebody off because their favourite game just happens to be one the most succesful?

See, he's recommending something. You're just complaining. Guess who is controb00ting faggot.

have you ever heard of punctuation?

No, I explicitly said I wasn't attacking him and I think playing the games he enjoys is the main thing. I gave him another R* game to play, because he likes R* games. My issues with the games he mentioned are not to do with their popularity, it's to do with their simplistic design. They might be fun but I find it hard to believe that someone who's played a lot of alternatives would have them as a favorite. I dunno, wasn't meant to be a shitty comment, it was meant to share a game I enjoyed with a Sup Forumsro who might enjoy it

this guy's games are my favorite, I like that they can all be played one-handed so I can play on my Macbook in public and tip my fedora at passersby who stop to take a look at my screen.

necessarygames.com/my-games

>outdated
Sounds like you've never played gtaiv. Either you're a troll, a normie, or underage. Anyhow, minus not having 4k textures, gtaiv is the more polished overall experience and contains more features and realism than it's "successesor". Crowbcat has a video on the matter if you're interested.

Its kind of weird, I had more fun in GTA 4 multiplayer than I ever did in GTA 5 multiplayer. Maybe because it was a different time, maybe because you had to use your imagination instead of missions and objectives given to you, no idea.

You literally tell him its a fucking shame that GTA is his favourite game and you try to call me an asshole.

If somebody thinks something is his favourite, then why the fuck do you need to comment that what he likes is shamefull. What the fuck man

GTA SA-MP still works and people still play that to this day. Why? because you got freedom. Especially the Cops n Robbers modes are fun

You must be fun at parties lol.

Ohh youre talking about the game 'Bully'
I remember watching gameplay as a kid and really liking it, maybe that's what set off the great appreciation for gta5 eventually

Also destiny was only fun (and the most fun I've had in a game) because I had the most amazing group of people to play it with, we could have been doing fuck all and it would've been the shit. Infinite was fun because it made me feel emotion I've never gotten from games before.

But your advice seems good overall, the other user maybe misinterpreted

I said 'it's almost a shame' and specify what I meant by that. I don't think it's a shame, I don't want him to feel shame, I just think he's missing out on some really fun experiences. It comes from wanting him experience the same good times I've felt, rather than telling him my tastes are superior as you're suggesting.
Also I never called you an asshole desu. You're a kewl guy. Is that better?

GTA 5 lacks so many features compared to GTA 4 in favor of a bigger world or something.
youtu.be/GWVtZJo-HqI

No fuck you, you cancerous little shit.
You wrote a whole fucking novel nobody cared for. Literally told someone that what he likes is shit.

Its you who has the fucking brain damage you dipshit

oh I was just asking a question. my favorite is San Andreas anyway

>Also destiny was only fun (and the most fun I've had in a game) because I had the most amazing group of people to play it with, we could have been doing fuck all and it would've been the shit.

I get that, Halo 3 is the same for me. Easily the game I've had the most fun playing, even if I don't think it's the 'best' game I've ever played. Thanks for clarifying user.

The internet=srs business. Stay mad Sup Forumsro, you're the only one here who's buttpained by what I said.

It's the last game I played that used button-combo cheats.
I miss that sometimes.

Atleast i'm going arround like some fucking moron telling that what people like is shameful

San Andreas or 4? oh yeah cuz you have to open up that gay ass cell phone to enter them now don't you? that shit sucks. I heard they might be putting the option to work out and date and all that shit like they did in SA, in the new one

No, you're going around like some fucking moron attacking people for things they never said and deliberately misconstruing stuff.

OP, you're a pretty kewl guy and I hope I never made you feel shameful. Play what you want, enjoy whatever and have a great time. You're opinion is as valid as mine. Hope that cleared things up for this salty user.

Why you heff to be mad there's no actual conflict here. He suggested that user should simply maintain an open mind, and not that his opinion is shamefull

just get it now. you can find it for like 3$ on Amazon. if you play on console that is.

that's cuz Hillary and other faggot liberals campaigned so hard to get that game taken off the shelves. pretty sure it was taken off for awhile. (IIRC)

I never got any bad vibes from your comment we're all good )
but I think the other user might just be trolling

It's not just the Hot Coffee stuff removed, there are less sons on the radio, many features removed, and many graphical changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=XESrzw62rlQ

I think this is a good video, I'll watch it to make sure.

Yeah, it's probably just bait. Thanks for understanding bud. Gonna go play some GTAV myself now I think.

Yes, i liked gta 4 the most from all series. The story was mature, funny and solid. The driving was superior and the devs captured iconic New York city as it was in 2007 which made me relive days that i havent experienced as an adult in 2010. (am 20yo now.)

Correction: In 2013 srry.

I'll check it out too. did u ever get the chance to play the original game as it was meant to be played? man I had literally years of fun playing that game. that one and also a lesser known game called True Crime: Streets of LA. it would take like 4 hours irl to drive all the way across the map. great game it was a lot of fun

I've played it on PS2 when it was released, and I played GTA:SA on PC pre-Steam version, but mostly to play SAMP (multiplayer mod), so I can't really compare the older PC version to the Steam version by experience. But the video explains a lot of it fairly well.

Nice. did they make SA for ps3? I only ever had it for ps2 lol

Yupp, as well as Xbox/360. And even mobile versions, I own it on Android and it runs fairly well on my Note 4. I can play with touch screen or use a PS4 control via bluetooth.

And of course the many Window's versions, and on OSX/iOS

Gta IV is one of the best they have made. The story was great especially towards the beginning. I loved the setting.

5 is good but I think New York was a more enticing setting and I felt more part of a giant city honeycomb than you do in LA.

I really liked the multiplayer too. It wasn't as updated as GTAV, but I still had a blast in it. I would play with a few friends and we'd gear up and trying to hold off from roof tops using sniper rifles/RPGs. Or we'd get a SWAT van and see how long we could create chaos on the go. And of course there were always modders to spawn in ramps and crazy vehicles and weapons to mix things up.