Has Sup Forums ever been to a third world/developing country?

Has Sup Forums ever been to a third world/developing country?
Which country was it? Was it what you expected? Was it better/worse? Why did you go? Were you in a big city or in the middle of nowhere?
I'll post my story outside the OP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEJftSppTi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I went on a pleasure/humanitarian combination trip to the Dominican Republic (I stayed in San Pedro de Macoris) a couple years back. I expected it to be more.... depressing (?) than it was. The pleasure parts of the trip consisted of a visit to Catalina Island and Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo was about how I expected it to be, if not a bit nicer. It was developed and nice, however, it is the largest and best kept part of the country. Catalina Island was also exactly how you would expect a Caribbean resort area.
The Humanitarian bit was primarily in the off-road areas of San Pedro. I visited a sugar cane village (or Batey as they're called.) The locals were rather friendly, but that could have been influenced by the fact we were doing them a favor.
While it was still kind of dirty and backwards, the buildings were better constructed and the locals better off than I expected of a third world country. I did, however, see the stereotypical 5 people living in a one bedroom, sheet metal shack.
In town just reminded me of a run-down US neighborhood.

developing countries are a meme, i have been to some african countries and they aren't really THAT bad as you would expect

I wake up in a 3rd world country every morning.

It is okey I guess. I am okey at least.

I went to Poland a few times.
Russia tier

you've been on the good side of the country, i've been to the poorest areas of my department and they're literally hell

I drove through Detroit.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEJftSppTi8

>mfw batey houses were better kept

been to Jordan and Egypt, only time I was out if Europe desu
it was pretty interesting, although I was just a kid and didn't see that much of the country outside of the hotel reservoir
could here Israelis shooting and flying helicopters across the dead sea sometimes tho, which was kinda weird.

Are these on sale guise?

For a dollar. The catch is that you still have to pay thousands of dollars in municipal taxes.

cambodia
papua new guinea
south africa
zimbabwe
trinidad & tobago
guyana
jamaica
sri lanka
pakistan
india

developing country=/=third world

oh there's another third world country I've visited

Been to cambodia. I saw people living on houses on a lake and they shit, drink, and wash themselves in the lake. Fucking disgusting.

I've been to Estonia outside of Tallinn in the early 2000s and it was pretty bad

I went to American one for a few weeks ago half a decade ago.

>Has Sup Forums ever been to a third world/developing country?
yes
>Which country was it?
look at my flag
>Was it what you expected?
yes,it is a fucking shithole

>India, college trip with a friend, landing in Delhi
>Street sellers of all kinds of crap swarm on us as soon as the airport glass door shuts
>Wave them off, get a riksha to the Red Fort
>Think it's something like Prague Castle, with some old houses and touristy shit around
>ohyousweetsummerchild.jpg
>It's in the middle of a gargantuan slum. Traffic wants to kill you. Trash and shit and sleeping homeless guys everywhere.
>It's early morning, nothing opens until 9:00. No restaurants, just street vendors.
>Everything is unbelievably filthy. Not just old/haphazardly repaired/heavily used, but covered in filth that probably remembered the fucking British Raj.
>Thirsty as shit, but keep self-preservation instinct keeps us from buying anything from the street vendors. No bottles, just glasses.
>See a McDonalds. It's like a shard of heaven.
>Prepare for an hour-long siege and evaluate the surroundings in the meantime.
>Approached by two more sellers of crap trying to sell us their crap.
>Hour passes
>Finally have a chance to drink from a cup I can be sure didn't see neither an animal carcass nor the city's obviously lacking sewage system from the inside.

So yeah, the rest if the trip was pretty much the same. It's not an uninteresting place, but the insane traffic and completely unnecessary layers of unsightly, unidentifiable substances on every surface in the country do nothing to make the trip more enjoyable.

I visited Kenya and Tanzania in January.

Looks clean.

>Indonesia
Muslim infested dive
Nice enough people

>Mexico
I honestly thought this place was going to be better than other third world countries. Its absolutely trash tier and the people are fucking disgusting thieves.

>Thailand
Developing I guess, cheap lady boys and fairly modern infrastructure. Would class more first world than Mexico by a country mile actually.

>Vietnam
Friendly people, nightmare to get around sometimes. Would visit again now I know the country better

>Phils
Underage lolis for everyone getting offered at every opportunity. Nice enough people actually.

>Burma
People treating whites like some rock star if you venture far enough inland or to the coastal regions who have only just opened up to tourism. Great place.

>LA
Has an airport, vacant area as soon as possible. Service stations have bullet proof plastics for staff, movies have exact same protection for staff. Couldn't even imagine a bank, coming from a country where I walk into a bank and the teller is at a normal desk standing with no protection and I could easily walk around and help myself to the till.