Prime minister initiates a policy where welfare applicants are tested for drugs

>prime minister initiates a policy where welfare applicants are tested for drugs
>everycunt posting about it is salty saying "AYO FUCK THE GOVERNMENT AN SHIET""
lol fucking druggies BTFO
has your country done this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_testing_welfare_recipients
themanatee.net/service-canada-announces-mandatory-drug-tests-to-collect-ei-benefits/
youtu.be/Ef-fhREPK9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what gets me is that people with an income above 42,000 have to pay fucking $8 a week to go towards their interest free loan for university the government provided them and they're fucking complaining

Is there any evidence that a large number of welfare applicants use drugs in stralia?

a large number of australians use drugs at every level of society

Then the welfare users are like any other citizen and shouldn't have to be tested.

except the places they have to apply for jobs at to get welfare often will do drug testing and reject them on that basis, meaning they can indefinitely live on the dole

A couple states in the US tried this. What they found was that welfare recipients used drugs at a lower rate than the general population and that it costs more to drug test all welfare recipients than to just pay welfare to the few junkies.

Not really. The user in the image in the op is largely right, this is mainly a move to suck up to the cancerous conservative retards holding Australia back; something the government can do to distract the masses from the real issues. They pulled the same sort of shit when they had a huge sperg out against gayfags getting married.
In reality there is more tax payer money spent on politicians expenses and tax cuts for the rich than the entire welfare budget, but the conservative/religious/wealthy would rather scapegoat the poor fucks who are collectively getting less government money than the largest corporations save in tax cuts. But hey, why tax the top tax evaders when they effectively fund our political parties?
Fuck that, just kick the dog instead. No one actually gives a fuck about the poor.

There will be soon

This is surprisingly, the most retarded pointless and expensive policy that circlejerks right wingers.

"In Utah, 2.6% of welfare applicants tested positive, which is considerably lower than the national average of 8.9%. A 2015 study found that out of seven states reporting data on welfare drug testing, only one had a usage rate above 1%.[4]"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_testing_welfare_recipients

There is the argument (that I'm not making) that the people on drugs stopped applying for money.
But this is easily provable by looking at the welfare application rate change at the time the law started being applied.

I have yet to see someone back that argument with numbers.

Mate, you lose the dole if you repeatedly lose employment for drug use. Something like 3 months without payment.
Fucking hell, you people really do think cunts on welfare are all druggies, don't you?

In the Netherlands you have to report you use drugs, so you can get treated.
If you don't, then you can lose your welfare. And you have to send in your job applications, which the government will check.

>canadian druggie
why am i surprised

>Utah has a rate of drug use lower than the national average
WHOA REALLY?

themanatee.net/service-canada-announces-mandatory-drug-tests-to-collect-ei-benefits/

Yeah, you would expect that in the Deseret Empire but they found the same thing in Florida too.

You also left out who commissioned that study in your quote (a left-wing blog run by a think tank founded by John Podesta, Hillary Clinton's campaign manager), as well as what is apparently an unreferenced statistic somebody pulled out of their ass. Did you think nobody was going to actually going to click on the link or something?

>[not in citation given]
holy fuck cancucks BTFO

>s.jpg
Fuck off back there, retard.

what is this new meme

youtu.be/Ef-fhREPK9A

I don't know anything about that. I do know that in America most welfare recipients have part time jobs and are old or single mother families. Not generally the junkie demographic. I'd probably still support mandatory drug testing, but it would cost about $2 billion to test every social assistance user but only $1.52 billion is paid out in welfare on average. So it would cost more to test them annually than to pay the small percentage that use drugs.

This is pure gold

That poor diabetic man

Based Australia.

really don't know the specifics, but I'm fairly sure this is at the interview stages. I'm not really familiar with welfare technicalities though, never been on the dole myself
>Fucking hell, you people really do think cunts on welfare are all druggies, don't you?
I work in a hospital and 7/10 of drug related admissions are guys on centrelink

gotta be queensland