My girlfriend's dead, and it's my fault

My girlfriend's dead, and it's my fault.

My birthday was last month. The night before, she asked me what color she should paint her nails. I chose dark burgundy. She looked through her polishes and discovered she didn't have it.

We live five minutes from the store. She said "I'll run and grab some. It'll take 15 minutes." I told her not to worry. It was late. We were getting ready to go to bed.

But she said "If it's burgundy you want, it's burgundy you'll get!" She grabbed the keys, said "Love you" and left.

I got worried when she'd been gone for half an hour and I didn't hear anything from her. I texted her a couple of times and she didn't write back.

I called twice. No answer.

I decided to take our second car and drive to the store. I pulled onto the main road from the street we live on and immediately saw flashing lights at the 4-way intersection that we go through to get to the store.

I saw my girlfriend's car as I pulled up to the intersection. The driver's side was destroyed. There were cops directing traffic. I got out of the car and told them it was my girlfriend's car. They said she'd been involved in the accident, that she'd been transported to the hospital. That was all they could tell me.

The hospital was straight down the road from the intersection. I drove there as fast as I could.

I told the nurse at the front desk. She told me to stay in the waiting area and someone would be out to get me. About 5 minutes later, a doctor came out and led me to a room in the back. He told me that my girlfriend was initially alive at the scene, but her heart stopped in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. They tried resuscitating her, but they couldn't.

We'd been together for 8 years. I was planning on proposing to her at my birthday dinner.

I can't stop thinking that if I'd picked any other color, any other fucking color - red, blue, black, silver... she'd still be alive.

My girlfriend's dead, and it's my fault.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mo_mgcxGYYE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

life lesson

dont be picky and enjoy what you ahve

Every single day I wish I'd just looked through her bag of polishes and picked one instead of saying the first color that came to my mind. Any of them would have been so beautiful.

If this is true, then I truly am sorry for your loss. I know this may provide little to no comfort, but you are not the one responsible for her death. Stay strong.

Driving is really dangerous, period. This in no way reflects on something you did wrong.

Saalright M8. It's not your fault. Random shit happens to everyone & everyone has a terminus date laid out some time in the future, even you, even me. We're all screaming through space toward that date. She met hers It was always there waiting for her. Try not to let it worry you. Go & enjoy what time you've got left.

This was in no way your fault user. Now if you cut the brakes on the car it'd be your fault. But this isn't your fault. Even if you chose a color from the bag something even worse could've happened. You never know. Don't blame yourself. You gotta keep truckin user. Gotta keep moving dawg homie G

Dude you got cucked by your own taste in nail polishes and letting a woman drive a car. Cuck.

Nice dubs

Nobody knows the future. It's not your fault.

Thank you guys so much.

The last month has been so hard. My brain seems like it keeps playing the sentence "If you'd picked a different color she'd be here right now" over and over and over again. I didn't tell anyone that she was going out that night to buy the nail polish. Not my family, not her family, nobody. It feels like something I'm going to keep forever, and it hurts so much. I feel so fucking guilty for it.

Dude life is a bitch sometimes. She may be dead, but she lives on in your memories. Make her proud and be strong.

Why is that dragon shitting blood?

I know some people would say it makes me a pussy, but everything feels so impossible right now. Every single thing reminds me of her. She was so much a part of my life and now she's ripped out of it. It feels like I don't have skin anymore or something - every single thing I I look at or think of or remember or hear reminds me of her and it rips my heart out every single time.

Yeah, Sup Forums is officially anonymous Facebook. Yall are fags.

menstruation

Honestly, its probably better she's dead. Otherwise, she'd have to live with the disappointment of having such a faggot boyfriend. Also, if she hadn't been in a shitbox, the minor wreck wouldn't have killed her. Way to be poor.

That's some real love right there, you should cherish that for all the hurt it gives you.

Also, find yourself someone to talk to, let off some steam, preferrably someone who understands your pain.

Godspeed user.

If this is real, I understand you. I lived something like that, but, after years thinking over it, I realized that, basically, nobody know how the future will be. Is not your fault, not hers. You can't or need to blame anyone.

Just take your time and cherish the moments you share.

Nobody is truly gone if you keep them in your memories.

I dunno if this help you, but I dropped some tears for you and the one I lost while I write this. You're not alone.

Why did you kill her?

survivors guilt. get some therapy. you're still alive, you gotta keep living your life.

You should be an hero user.

Bazinga

I truly did love her. She was 100% the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I think I need to talk to someone, to tell them the truth. Everyone who knows me just thinks this is regular grieving, which on some level it is, but I feel so responsible for all of it, and it's destroying me.

I'm so sorry. I would never, ever wish this on anyone. I hope you're doing okay. Thank you so much.

Youre a fucking murder it's your fault shes dead. I hope you carry this guilt to your grave. As always post her nudes for cock tribute and be an hero user.

kek

Suicide is the anwser OP

You're speeding through spacetime toward your date too, bruh.

I remember when Sup Forums wasn't wall to wall edgelords like you, newfriend.

She did you a favor.

You're probably a clothes homosexual.
What man knows what burgundy is?

W
O
W

fuck, I can only imagine how you must feel... 8 years, shit. This is stuff I also sometimes am worried about: there are so many situations, in which decisions can lead to unwanted fatalities. The last time I was feared of something like that which happened to you was.. a couple of days ago. It's a trivial every day situation where one would think that there can be no critical consequence of whatever decision is made. Anyway... we just had to pick up money from the ATM, we parked and had to cross a little road by foot to get to the ATM. As she was waiting for the street to be clear enough to walk across, I just had this image in my mind that she would get hit by a car and that I just should have done it. Or a couple more days ago when she went to pick up some food outside and took a little longer. I was so afraid that she could have gotten into an accident and that I shouldn't have expressed the need for food.

These scenarios are really difficult to anticipate. Yes, she probably would be with you, if you didn't want a burgundy whatever but how could you have thought of the possibility that this will lead to her death? There always is a little probability that we die doing something and I guess stepping outside for 10 seconds increases this risk but where should we make the cut? I don't think it makes sense to deny oneself food or any consumption due to the fear of getting involved in an accident but it can always happen. shit's fucked man, life's dangerous and you were really unlucky that it hit and her this way. But who knows: if she didn't die now, she probably would have died tomorrow while washing the dishes when you ordered her to do it. I know it's hard to take and yes, if you wouldn't have said it, she'd be there and put this way, you are indeed one element in the causal chain leading to her death but there is no way you could have anticipated this - and even if you considered the chance, you shouldn't have changed your mind by the chance...

A man whose home smells of rich mahogany, not someone who lives in a cheap apartment and smells of mildew and hot pockets, my dude

>clothes homosexual

Please watch this Video and seriously consider to see a therapist.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mo_mgcxGYYE
This shit is not something you get over easily and it is crutial to realize that this is not your fault. It could have happend at any other time, you are not responsable, for what happend!

dude dont let morons blame you its not your fault retards cant drive properly beating your self up wont honor her memory its the other drivers fault bring them to court to pay for it

I'd had anxiety that something bad would happen to her a lot during our relationship. I've got anxiety, and it kind of spilled over into "Oh, man, she's so important to me. What if something happens to her?"

It feels even worse somehow now, because all the times she'd left for work or to go to the store and I'd gotten nervous... and she was fine... I feel like I should have known somehow or been able to tell, but I was just sitting there watching Netflix, and I didn't know anything was wrong until she was already gone.

ill say it again. survivors guilt. get some therapy. you're still alive, you gotta keep living your life.

Shoulda went with the coral blue # 2 semi gloss

You have similar thoughts to the guy in the video I posted. Lern from his words, see a therapist, it'll help you. Otherwise this shit will hunt you down somewhere in the future.

Can we see nudes? I mean, it will probably help you with the grief. Trust me, I feel like you can't go wrong here...

I think calling it anxiety in my situation is correct as well. You could tell in every such situation that there is a risk of her getting killed. But this is in no way enough to actually make her not do it. If you'd let your life be led by this kind of fear, you would automatically isolate yourself. It is good that you did not hold her back for if you did, it would have been a sign of your anxiety being too strong and already controlling. It's unfortunate but it was not your mistake. You did nothing wrong although in the causal chain you are a piece: but you are not the beginning, nor are you the end, nor was it your will that she should die. The weight on your shoulders may fade but you will nevertheless not feel good because you lost a loved one. It would eat me up and I guess it eats you up as well. I hope you're strong enough to recover. It's hard enough. Just don't add that unnecessary (and misplaced!) weight onto your shoulders too. It's too much and it's not true. Much love and strength.

put this shit back on reddit where it belongs

This, but first post ffwf

I'm not being edgy you fuck. Op is attention whore, and everyone I pointed out is acting like they care.
I don't care that op wants emotional support, and I'm not saying he's a fag for it. I remember when this place was nothing like Facebook, and a post like this would have been completely ignored. Before anonymous, before the exodus, and long before moot left. I just don't habeeb what this place has turned into

Thank you for posting that video. I saved it and plan to watch it soon. I think eventually I will go to therapy. I don't know. I needed to even before this. I don't know if I can make it without some kind of help.

Thank you so much for your words and your kindness and understanding. They're appreciated more than you know.

/thread

No noods? I'll see myself out of this bs fucking thread ig...

"In our hearts and in our minds, their devotion will always be remembered. To us, they have found immortality."

They're only really gone if you let their memory go. She wouldn't want you beating yourself up over this. Live, cry, be happy, remember her. But don't tell yourself it's your fault. Be strong for both of you.

And now your GF is dead faggot, all because you're a pretentious closeted homosexual

Spotted the actual new fag, when did you get here faggots, 2013/2014?normally Sup Forumsros give support because we all know life is fucking shit, feels threads have been around since the birth of this shitty fucking image board.

Damn bro.

This sounds like a dark ass meme, but if it's not son, might I say that you committed no wrong doing and that this was a total freak accident. Don't over think it mate, everything ends eventually, you can't have forever and it could have happened a lot worse. With the way our society eats our old people don't exactly have graceful deaths. You got to have a long relationship ar what I'm assuming is a young and by the innevtiably end of it you were happy. There's more of that to come, just chill out for a bit. Smoke weed.

I can't even imagine having to go through such a thing...

I know however that I would also blame myself, thinking about how I could have rushed to stop her. Telling her that it's fine and that I rather have her stay with me instead. It would have been even more horrible if I feel like I had a feeling, a hunch, that something... was wrong and that I wasn't more careful.

In the end, all of this is merely a path of self-destruction. You don't need to go any longer than to remember her, she would never want you to blame yourself and suffer, right?
Maybe she would have joked about it, but she call you stupid and tell you to care more about yourself.

Life is one long series of lessons and if you don't learn what you need to, you will have to face a new lesson trying to make you face what you need to learn. Make sure to look into yourself and accept what has happened. Find not blame, but reason, as to why this happened. Try to come out of this wiser, so that such a thing might never happen again.

Learn to love life for what it is. Be thankful for being able to breath air, eating food and having clothes.

Find peace within yourself, not as you forget or push away a part of you, but as you accept yourself as you are right now. From there, you can finally go forward.

Hope that it helps,
A friend

And feels threads have always been for bleeding heart pathetic faggots.

Anyone who believes this copypasta, or wants to give this fag attention should be gassed. Plain and simple

>Sup Forums - Random
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thank you, truly. It's hard right now to imagine moving forward and doing normal everyday things. I hope time will help. Thank you for writing this.

This isn't a feels thread. This is an attention whore thread. Feels threads were full of fake stories we all knew were fake but were good at evoking emotions. This shit is Facebook tier attention whoring. Besides, feels threads were always cancer anyway

I crashed into her

Kek, the worst part is she actually just left her burgundy at my house a week prior. I've still got it actually