What do they teach you about this country in school? Basically a whole bunch until Ottoman period...

What do they teach you about this country in school? Basically a whole bunch until Ottoman period,then absolutely nothing.

nothing, in belgium we just learn about the holocaust pretty much

Literally never learned anything about it in school other than a brief mention of ancient Greek philosophers

I can't really remember, I wasn't very attentive at school. We talked a bit about the pantheon and shit but nothing more.

almost nothing
germs learn only about france and ww2

the turks are really subhumans
while every european nation flourished in the last centuries
the turk subhumans were less advanced than ancient people

In Health/Physical Education they mentioned it when talking about the Olympics

We only learn about classical Greece, not modern Former Ottoman province of """Greece""".

Can you guys please stop bullying greece?

I like how they skip everything but ancient Greece. Like they forget Greece went from ancient democracy into 1000 years of despotism then 500 years of islamic rule.

Greece was never a province of the Ottoman Empire you subhuman.

In school we learn about ancient Greeks and their Gods.

And in the media we learn that Greeks are corrupt, lawless, in debt, overrun with refugees and hypocrites.

Also, the top 20% intelligent kids also get Greek in school and Greek literature.

whites are racists

t. racist

at least i can prove your inferiority with real numbers
you can not

You already proved my statement by showing your hypocrisy.

whites are hypocrites

I am a greek

a lot of things

They were philosophers n shiet until they got BTFO by romans and then were never heard of again.

But everyone in the planet knows about Greece.

literally nothing

I am a greek

The way we were taught about Greece at school made me think it would be a rich and advanced society full of philosophers and noble warriors

Bit disappointing when I learned the reality of modern Greece

>germs learn only about france and ww2
t. hauptschüler

that's your own fault

germ is mad and insults me because i wrote the truth

it's not an insult if it's true my brown friend

why did greeks stop evolving?

I am a pale Greek

but ikibey I thought whites are subhuman

they are

do not use this turkish name

then don't say you are pale

why?

I took an Ancient History class in high school, so we learned about the Greek City States/Pelopennesian War and then later about the Greco-Persian War (what 300 was based on)

pale = White
imo

is an indian black because he has the same skin colour as an african?

yes
both are black

>ACTUALLY took the ancient history general course
lmaoing at your life

I am a Turk

My people enslaved yours

>Few ancient greek stuff

>They know how to swim cus we poured them to sea :DDDDDDDD

>rome
>celts
>greeks
>that assignment at the end where we got to research any civilisation we wanted (i chose Aztecs)
modern history faggots get fucked lmao

>this kills the Turk

Anatolia became a shithole with the turks.
turks are some of the lowest creatures on earth

Turks brought civilization to greek subhumans

They are Turks orthodox Greeks were conquered and wiped out

Greeks can not be subhumans.
turks are like white trash
without the white part

no
only subhumans think that

Turks can not be trash
if not for turks greeks would not even know how to read

turks are trash

We read and write from left to right because Greeks changed it. Did you know that?

XD

Only the beginning of their civilization, philosophy and a little bit about the could war, but nothing else.

Greece is our Rome.

While Rome forced civilization on the rest of Europe by the sword, vikings went down to Krikland, marveled at the sight and brought the ideas back home.

In short, this is basically what would have happened if the native americans found Lisbon before they found america.

the email that saved the ancient world

stolen turkish clay

it must be weird to be a mongrel rape baby

We never did anything about it in history, but in religion we learned about Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, the Sophists, the Stoics, and the story of Prometheus.

We know about ancient Greece, that's it

LOL

your country must be to the english what fake macedonia is to Greece

We learn about greek history more in philosophy classes than history classes tb.h

Well, that's how it was, no?

Who cares about subhuman bloodthirsty Turks?

The only thing we shouldn't forget is their atrocities commited on brave Christian people.

ancient wealthy regions which were build up for millenias turned to shit after some years of turk presence

In geology I was taught that Greece produces olives and other shit...

In religion there was only stuff about history of christianity and how it spread in Roman empire, orthodoxy, Athos mountain mentioned.

In history we are told about their gods, Athenians, Spartans, philosophers, Greko-Persian war, Ottoman empire...

I know m8, they're like the Indian king Midas, everything they touch turns into shit.

Good post

>Finland
>religion class
Wtf Väino?

ancient greece mostly

thinly veiled ikibey bait thread

reading other replies from different countries, looks like we are the ones who learn most about greeks! supposedly we are enemies right? the curriculum is standardized so this is supposed to be the same everywhere but there are many shit tier schools in poverty areas & countryside. in anycase, we learn about greeks a lot, from these topics

history class (middle school)
(no particular order)
1) pre turkish history of anatolia
(mostly about ionians)
2) trojan war (possibly class trip to troy)
3) turks entry into anatolia, reactions of local greeks, remainder states like trebizonid empire
4) history of roman empire
5) history of east roman empire
6) division of church and greek orthodoxy
7) beginning of the end for ottoman empire: greek independence
8) ww1 & turkish war of independence: greek campaign & smyrna (this is where the storytelling gets a bit anti-greek)

literature class (middle school)
1) greek tragedies (even oedipus)
2) greek religious text (thelos)
3) mythology (histories)

philosophy class (high school)
1) aristoteles + socrates/plato
2) stoicism, scepticism (pyrrhon), epicurianism
3) atomism
4) arkhe problem

national security class (high school)
1) turkey's outside enemies #1: greece
(this class was introduced in 1971 or 1980 coup i'm not sure. i think it was finally discontinued a few years ago. this class was required to be instructed by an active or retired military member at least lieutenant)

turkey's curriculum is very detailed and advanced. and i think admirable except for national security. however exactly this advanced situation is probably a lot of people end up learning nothing at all and the countries worst ranked on all educational statistics. an approach where students are taught skills for proper thinking and judging given text could be better than what our system is; basically memorizing everything. islamist akp govt is making all classes optional now and basically one could go thru high school by learning the kuran :(

Please tell me its a pasta and you didnt write all of those you little shit

wrote everything down myself you piece of shit ignorant kurd fuck

We learned a lot about Greece in school. I believe our program is synchronised on the national level but who knows? Here's what we learned

Croatian (literature): Ancient Greek poetry, philosophy, drama, the occasional Dark Ages Greek mention, as well as Byzantine 11th and 12th century literature (pretty concise and short though)

Art class: All about ancient Greek sculpture, pottery and architectural arts

History: All about ancient Greek cities, politics, economies and war, same for the Byzantine period

Philosophy: Heavily based on ancient Greeks, a complete drill, really. Schools, thoughts and currents, representatives, ideas, and a bit about Hesychasm

Logics: Ancient Greek logic and mathematics

This "ancient Greek" period also encompasses Greece under foreign rulers (especially Rome)