How do Libertarians deal with this?

If the road owner doesn't want to fix it, the road will remain broken, there's no solution.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYhUytwoWOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who wants to use the road in this scenario?

Persons who have a vested interest in the road will maintain the road or build new roads.

It's private property, you cannot maintain it or you'll be shot.

He may not desire to repair the road as he himself has no use for the road, but concerned parties may negotiate with him about repair and usage of the road.

Example: concerned farmers comes to an agreement with the road owner. They will repair the road and a contract is signed, letting the farmers use the road for 10 years in exchange for an annual fee

Alternatively: construct a road elsewhere

Then people who have vested interest in roads will build new roads.

>put roads everywhere
>30 tolls before arriving to work

How did we started building roads without romans? HOW DID WE?

>be shot.

But the only people doing the shooting in La France are rag-heads.

Free market created airplanes, computers, internet, cell phones, shitloads of electronics, satellites, medicines, Tv, wifi, bluetooth etc etc etc

I think its not impossible to fucking create a flat road top kek, many factors more difficult things they solved so why cant they solve an easy thing as a flat road? Is an aircraft less advanced?

Honestly, how is that different from what we have now? Except the tolls are taken from you in tax regardless if you use the roads.

Bingo.

The goberment has to pay for things. Stop being a libertardian. REEEEEEEEE

Government healthcare
Government infustructure
Government education/law enforcement
Government oversight over big business

That's it you stupid cucks. No more debate. Goberment shall not infringe further and state laws trump federal laws

Materials advances driven by free market competition in the absence of artificial monopolies would result in advanced, cheap roads that never crack.

But the road is fixed! (main problem)

If you were in a libertarian society how would you deal with it?

This

In a libertarian world, we won't need roads. We'll all get helicopters.

Roads dont cost very much. Libertarians advocate a small government, not a nonexistent one.

This stupid FEAR let people believe and trust in government.

"Let someone else do it". What a stupid fear.
It will just lead to centralisation of power, and since the time of Jesus all centralisation of power have lead to corruption.

If we can build rockets and airplanes, roads seems to be a very easy thing to do.

With all brainpower and will available im sure this issue would be solved.

Migrate to a country that isn't somalia.

BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
!!!!!!!!!!!

>*current year*
>roads
COME ON

reductio ad absurdum detected

youtube.com/watch?v=eYhUytwoWOA

In a true libertarian world, I would kill the owner for neglecting his duties, take over the road and repair it. I would reduce the previous toll by 10% and continue with other roads. Over many years I would then become a motorway tycoon.

It involves zero sum land use, so yes, socially it is more complicated than all those other things you mentioned.

Of course the free market could fix roads, but it's the new state of mind. Fee for service only applies when I ENJOY the service. If I NEED the service then it becomes a positive social right.

Look into water rights if you truly want to appreciate this vein of arrogance and entitlement.

BUT WHO WILL BUILD THE ROADS?

I don't understand this argument.

I'm a libertarian, and honestly there are ways you can argue against it, but roads?!

Roads are built by private companies. The most complex, busy and expensive ones are actually operated by companies (that's certainly true here).

I'm a libertarian with a tank m8.

Roads are for pussies.

do u even realize the military created all of those?

No, the government builds roads obviously

not an argument.

You drive around it on a road that is still good.

The owner is shooting himself in the foot in this scenario. No one will want to use the road so he won't be able to charge tolls. It is a very unrealistic scenario since the owner will have invested money in the aquisition of the land and the construction of the road, so he wants to see a return on his investment. Keeping the road in mint condition is in his best interest.

This one was easy. Give me something harder, like air pollution.

Either the local government built them or dirt trails created through excessive use were created

>they still think modern libertarianism means literally no government

I guess that means the democrats are trying to keep their rights to own niggers as slaves as well.

Political ideologies evolve.

>healthcare
>government
no

>infurstructure
like? all of that can be private, even military stuff though obviously thats not the best idea.
>oversight
thats just menial deskjob work, and could be handled by a neutral non profit organization.
>education
private schools
>law enforcement
the only legitimate use of government other than directing the military during wartime.
though again
>private security

I like the Libertarian response of "build a new road" like you could look at a parallel libertarian America and 40% of the country is just poorly maintained roads

What if his road is the only road to a certain place, or the only main road in the area? Then he has a monopoly and no incentive to fix the road, because people will have to use it regardless of its condition.

You're free to choose another road to use. If the road owner doesn't want to fix his road he won't get paid. The consumers will use another road. Simple as that

That's what competition is for ya dingus
If they don't fix it someone else will

>If the road owner doesn't want to fix it, the road will remain broken, there's no solution.

What if the government doesn't want to fix it?

Love how statists point at problems that exist under governments, then pretend libertarians are the cause of those problems

>cities are already a maze of roads and alternate routes
>everyone in the country has a truck making road condition irrelevant
>city people hate the county and thus never leave their urban safe spaces except by air travel
problem solved.

someone else builds a new road and under cuts him.

monopolies do not exist without government involvment.

Roadbase and tarmacadam is pretty much as good as it gets costwise and reuseability. Cracking is inevitable due to the ground under the road shifting through use and weathering.

>Free market created the internet
no

>What if the government doesn't want to fix it?
Then they get voted out lol.

The bigger problem is how the road gets built in the first place without the use of eminent domain. I love how people act like they are economists because they watched a couple Milton Friedman lectures online but haven't heard of the bilateral monopoly holdout problem.

No one will use road
Road owner will stop seeing profit
Some lad makes his own road and maintains it, gets used more, makes more money
Second roadowner buys first road because first roadowner is seeing no profits
Either lose money or fix road
CAPITALISM IN ACTION

Someone else builds another road. The only scenario where this wouldn't happen is if the owner owned a piece of land so large that building another road is impossible.
No, you misunderstand. If someone else builds another road, the owner of the poorly maintained road loses. He is not a retard, hence he knows this, and maintains the road. No poorly maintained roads.

Governments can be voted out by a few hundred people who use a road?

Also
>what are fixed terms

I think you'll find it's the road owner who'll lose profit and directly and instantly suffers as a result of not maintaining his road, not a government.

Where? You can't just buy hundred of houses and destroy them to make another road.
And what if he own the roads around your house? You will have to buy at least a small part of his road to build another road. If he refuse to sell, you have to deal with his roads.

Tell that to South Africa. The place has been collapsing for a few decades and apparently the solution has been right in front of them the whole time.

>No one will use road
>No one go to work
>Starve because you can't even sell your stuff or buy food
CAPITALISM IN ACTION!

A libertarian society would simply invent hover-cars.

South Africa have worse problems than shitty roads, but, hey, at least, no more apartheid.

>Roads are the only method of travel

Can't hoover above someone else propriety. The problem is not solved.

>4x4s do not exist

>Have to buy an helicopter or a jetpack to go to work or to go to the mall
Sure, what could go wrong?

You can't travel offroad if it is someone else propriety, and every bit of land is owned by someone.

You're assuming the road owner doesn't give a shit about losing profit.

Also

>what are lawsuits

Quite simply, you're retarded

Most libertarians are fine with the idea of toll roads. Most libertarians would be fine with a fuel tax that is earmarked for the infrastructure surrounding roads. Quit bringing up strawmen, faggot frog.

>minimal government implies no collectively owned property based on contractual agreement
Nice argument you got there buddy.

Fpbp

Whenever it snows in Canada, you can always expect a business parking lot and driveways to be clear and plowed MUCH sooner than the cities.

You never see any potholes in a working business parking lot or driveways because any property owner

The roads around the businesses would be collectively maintained (like a condo complex) by the surrounding businesses

Meanwhile private toll high ways and roadways are well maintained compared to public ones

I love how you keep narrowing the scenario to increasingly unlikely options to make it seem like libertarism is flawed. A single person owns literally all the land and refuses to maintain it? Really?
How would a conventional society deal with a government that doesn't want to fix roads?

To these people, apparently the government just magically fabricates the construction equipment and supplies out of thin are.

Why did the government let the road get that bad? I mean, you never see potholes in government maintained roads, right? Right?

>monopolies do not exist without government involvment
Blatantly false. Private corporations are perfectly able to establish effective monopolies.

Why should he care about the two richfags who can afford an helicopter when all the others will have to accept any price he force them to pay?

And how are you going to sue him? All this is legal.

Sure, I am the one suggesting that two or more road networks should exist.

But the government is so afraid of losing a few votes, they'll fix it right away always.

Meanwhile le ebil cabidalist doesn't care about losing profit because he's so rich anyway

.....yep.

I'll be saving so much on taxes, that I'd be happy to pay for the amount of roads I use.

Here's the cool part: if I get sick and don't use the roads for a week, then I don't pay for their upkeep.

It's like buying a good or service, you pay for the part that you use

Image added to get people to read my post

Yeah and if the owner doesn't want to fix it then people will slowly start using other roads by other people who keep them in better conditions

No one is arguing against that, moron

What if the owner of the road decide to not be fair and to ask $10 every time you get on a road?

Please read:

>But the government is so afraid of losing a few votes, they'll fix it right away always.

KEK, the main road by me has had unfixed potholes for years, and it is government maintained. They're afraid to do more than partial short term fixes because they need more main roads with bridges over the river near me, and new bridges are political losers because of faggots who want to live here but don't want bridges/roads in their neighborhood. So the government would have to royally fuck traffic up to actually fix the potholes, and it doesn't want to do that.

>Meanwhile le ebil cabidalist doesn't care about losing profit because he's so rich anyway

How does that work with the actual toll roads that exist in the US already?

Can you even read? These people are literally suggesting a network of multilpe roads.

You know this France: Toll roads.
I spent over €100 Euros EACH WAY when driving to the Rhone Alpes in your country from Calais.
NEVER doing that again.
Pic unrelated.

while individuals would certainly be allowed to own roads I would hazard a guess that most roads would likely be owned by associations. The end result for people with memberships to use the road would probably be similar to dealing with the government: sometimes things break, sometimes you want them fixed immediately, sometimes it takes longer than you'd like.

Does competition not exist in France?

Either make a deal or straight up make a new road

Then I would take another road.

In France, if there is an accident or construction on one road, are you not allowed to take another, parallel road, in order to reach your destination?

Are you required by law to use a certain road?

I don't understand how you couldn't think of this

>How do Libertarians deal with providing a service?
Probably the dumbest question ever posed by commies.

>mfw people make "whataboutdaroads" arguments

If people couldn't travel by road flying cars would have been invented 2 decades ago. More proof that libertarianism and competition drives innovation.

Well, we know that you're dumb enough to shoot a person who is expending time and resources to maintain your property.

not an argument

Yeah, a totally rational suggestion, right?

After all, five or six networks of roads who happen to never cross each other is a perfect alternative to a minimal state involvement in the economy.
For that price, I get 1000km of roads and the stop area around it. You will have to learn that they are privately owned. What if I buy the roads around your home and ask for $10 every time you want to get in or out?

>who happen to never cross each other
Whoa, where are you taking those goalposts boy?

Competition for roads exist only in Spain, and only for one kind of road.

>Then I would take another road.
Ho, shit, privately owned too! And probably by the same guy. Time to buy an helicopter or to pay the toll.