I'm trying to get rid of google in my life, that includes gmail, google maps, YouTube...

I'm trying to get rid of google in my life, that includes gmail, google maps, YouTube. I have already found a replacement for the search engine, which is duckduckgo, I have been using it for a month now and I'm very happy with it. But what can I use for gmail, google drive, google maps, YouTube? I have found a couple things to replace YouTube, either vidme or daily motion. So please give me what you recommend to use for the other services.

Other urls found in this thread:

ixquick.com/uk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gmail = protonmail or (preferably) host your own.
google maps = openstreetmap

good luck staying below google's radar OP
bump

feels bad man

youtube = mirrors
there is hundreds

oh and there's some self-hosted options for storage. Owncloud and Nextcloud are some of them.

Privacytools.io this will help.

This. Just go here, fam

Don't use the internet, ever.

also do yourself a favor and look at a chart of google's parent/umbrella comp
then trace that to see what other sites and companies they own

some sites you may think aren't linked to google, actually are

you can't escape it, you will be using google till you die whether you know it or not.

duckduckgo is literally ran by a company that makes all its money off selling user info

they're as bad as google

just get yourself a vpn and an adblocker, use google's resources without them making a penny off you

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll definitely check them out.

You have to at least try.

Source?

>You have to at least try.
I agree. It's called meeting people face-to-face to socialize. It also means using a telephone for telephone calls. Live a 'work life' online and live your real life offline bruh.

Google also has had some censorship concerns.
Even if this meme is true, and Duckduckgo is also selling your data, it is still better than google

If you use a vpn with google wont it be able to still track you if log on to any of their services?

ixquick

based user knows whats up
i miss the days of dialup and house phones at times

>Google
>Google fonts
>Google cdn
>Google maps api
>Google adsense
>Goodle analytics

Good luck, maybe you can use 1% of the websites from now on. Sup Forums is not one of them.

could someone here help me with my code

I use a chromebook
so I'm fucked

like I prefer ecosia powered by bing as my search

>But what can I use for gmail
Literally any other e-mail provider

>google drive
I dunno, maybe an external hard drive

>google maps
Here maps

>YouTube
Now that's a tough one, every other alternative sucks by comparison.

If you meant startpage, that's just a proxy for google. Ixquick itself I can't seem to find, but I remember hearing it was some metasearch. If you want a metasearch, use searx

One drive or Dropbox for Google drive

>chromebook
yeah you are

want a laptop but would prefer to just build my own and throw linux on there rather than a prebuilt laptop

something to fuck around and practice things on
but always feel like it wouldn't be worth the money on parts and all that, looking to only spend like 2-300 on it

ixquick.com/uk/
couldnt remember what start page was called
but it is a google proxy that doesnt stoer data or track what you do

>Literally any other e-mail provider
Only few are elegible, outlook has images from google included.

>I dunno, maybe an external hard drive
good recommendation

>Here maps
Again has google code inside

>Now that's a tough one, every other alternative sucks by comparison.
And you won't find anything god without google.

People always think stopping to use google is enough. They can still track you, if websites have their code or images embedded. To test press right click, show source and search for google or the shortifier.

all of these are good suggestions
external harddrive always the way to go fuck cloud saves

>youtube
isn't there a mirror site? can't remember if still around or if they got rid of it, but was basically a mirror of all the videos on there updated pretty regularly
kinda like a backup of the site just without all the clutter

I want all my services for free, but don't want those services to have any way whatsoever to monetize them to recoup their investments.

If you don't like duckduckgo, you can try Qwant
Go to lite.qwant.com (IMO the main version on www.qwant.com is bloated)

>People always think stopping to use google is enough. They can still track you, if websites have their code or images embedded. To test press right click, show source and search for google or the shortifier.
this
everyone should know this, like rule 1

>goodle

Use Waze for gmaps, much better than gmaps anyways as it takes you down roads that gmaps doesn't and thus gets you places quicker.

fuck you Stallman you yellow rat bastard

Go in incoginto mode and clear browser history
>be me worlds greatest hacker

Learn chinese and use all of their websites.

fugg my sides

Waze is a Google app.

Newpipe on your phone for youtube

I miss the days of house phones all the time honestly...

wat?
>Newpipe is client software for youtube
>client software for youtube
>client youtube
Better off using youtube, then at least newpipe doesn't know what you look too

>Schizophrenia

Buy a librebooted ThinkPad for that budget. Then use Trisquel Linux and install gnu icecat. Use umatrix. Congrats, you've avoided a big chunk of the botnet

Buy a ThinkPad X60/X200 libreboot it and install gentoo

It's FOSS and you won't be giving YouTube their shekels. I've not seen an ad on it once

In light of Google's recent stance towards free speech, I will show you how to abandon Google and embrace freedom. Here I will post software alternatives to remove Google from your life entirely. Remember, Google's sole revenue is from ads and removing yourself from their adstream both by blocking their ads and by not allowing them to track your activity to sell to advertisers hurts them!
>Google Search
Use DuckDuckGo. If you cannot find what you are looking for, don't use Google as a failsafe! Instead use Startpage that automatically proxies your searches and uses Google. If you don't like DDG, then just use Startpage entirely.
>Email
Protonmail or cock.li.
>Google Drive
Use mega.nz, or better yet, run your own cloud server using OwnCloud.
>Google Docs/Pres/Etc
Use libreoffice.
>Google Maps
Use OpenStreetMap
>YouTube
Go to your subscriptions on your profile and download the RSS copy of them, then migrate all that to an RSS reader to keep track of your subscriptions and use either hooktube or newpipe on Android to watch videos from your subscriptions. After this, delete your YouTube account.
>Browser
Use Firefox or one of its many forks such as Waterfox or GNU/Icecat. Pale Moon is considered compromised because of the author's pozzed attitude towards Ad Nauseam and adblockers in general.
>Blocking Google Analytics and other Google assets
Use uBlock for this or Ad Nauseam if you want to strike back at Google by wasting ad revenue with false clicks. Then use uMatrix and decentraleyes to avoid Google CDN.
Most importantly - delete your Google account. If you use an Android phone do not sign into it with a Google account and either disable all G-Apps, or root and remove them entirely. For a Play Store alternative, use F-Droid which provides free and open source applications.

Startpage . Com is the way to go imho.

Adfree doesn't mean, youtube can't track your behaviour. It would be different if it would have newpipe as distribution server between youtube and you, but it is a client software. It just streams your youtube videos like when using youtube. Only difference is they block third party websites and all your searches are redirected through newpipe server. In the end you are giving your data to two organisations.

The only thing I would change about this
>recommending sjwfox over pale moon
I think PM has a less pozzed take on everything than Moz://a does. I mean, just look at their blog. Mostly cancer

In that case, have a server remotely download youtube videos, encrypt them, and send them to your machine over p2p or something. Idk man. At least with newpipe you can audit the code, you aren't using native YouTube app which I'm sure tracks you way more, you aren't logged in to your YT account so they aren't tracking you that way, plus it can play videos in the background or in pop up mode. Seems like a decent compromise on Android, considering if you're using Android at all, google already tracks you. Just my take. Maybe I'm totally wrong.

saved
thanks user will look into it

Best would be having a server proxy/vpn, but would you have enough money for a server being able to stream youtube videos? Around 50 bucks per month.

It is a good alternative for youtubes paid android app, but it doesn't offer any more security, even the addvertisement gets downloaded, but then blocked at the client.

NIGGA FUCK YOU

Actually not a bad idea. Just today I was looking into ipfs (inter planetary file syatem) and it has just the right feature set for you are proposing. It uses dht for all the file requests. So early forking and adoption might be something worth looking into, you know before the giants start tinkering with the code.

this is good thread
OP is not a faggot