I haven't listened to Science Fiction yet, but is this still Brand New's best album?

I haven't listened to Science Fiction yet, but is this still Brand New's best album?

mmm yeah buddy guy

Yes, but Science Fiction is great.

Daisy is

bingo.

come on fellas i agree daisy is great, but it's not better than this.

Daisy is a grower. Doesn't mean it's better.

Official power rankings I'm Jesse

>TDAG
>Daisy
>Deja
>SciFi
>Unreleased demos
>YFW as in yfw you still think this album is any fucking good

When did Sup Forums love Daisy so much? Y'all hated it 8 years ago.

fantano just said it was good again

Jesse here. If Fantano likes it then it's our worst album now.

The bible is a work of fiction.

¿Que tal si paramos el tiempo?

Is it alright to start with Science Fiction or should I listen to their previous albums first?

Start with Deja and go forward.

why

SciFi>Daisy>Devil>YFW>Deja

Listen in any order you want but starting with Deja would be a decent choice. Would show you how far they progressed.

Does Science Fiction sound kind of generic to anybody else? They sound like any other band out there. Previous albums had something different to them. Maybe it just needs to sink in more for me.

No Science Fiction has surpassed it

It took me about three listens to really love it. It's sad man. Appreciate the acoustic element to it.

it sounds like i imagine manchester orchestra to sound like (never actually listened to them)...just sort of generic "thinking man's" rock

i wish it were more raw sounding or something. like what happened to that single they put out in 2015? felt way fresher than anything on this album

science fiction doesn't have enough soul-crushed status screeching from jesse

bretty damn good but its not TDAG

I totally agree

Not enough rock out moments for me, the acoustic stuff is like going out on a whimper in my eyes

good taste

Daisy>Devil>SciFi>Deja>YFW

Tdag is pretty good.
SciFi is like TDAG and deja mixed.
Daisy was cool because it was a post haddcore fugazi like album so naturally Sup Forums hated it.
SciFi is good but it wont be t he highlight tdag is

There are too many bad lines in TDaGaRIM for it to be their best for me. Degauser and The Archers I can only enjoy by ignoring some of the lyrics.

Science Fiction is great but I'm not finding it quite as fun as Daisy. And I miss Jesse's penchant for crazy cryptic lyrics

I like Deja best because it's the easiest to get into.

Science Fiction is their only good album

Deja > Daisy > Science Fiction > Devil God > YFW

It hasn't been since 2009

TDAG>Science Fiction>Daisy>Deja>>>>>YFW

My only problem with Science Fiction is that i feel like they wear their influences on their sleeves a bit much on this album compared TDAG,Daisy and Deja.

Fuck you people for hating YFW

Nope SciFi blew it away and then some

>My only problem with Science Fiction is that i feel like they wear their influences on their sleeves
Is this pasta? I can swear I've seen this "critique" over 10 times since Fantano mentioned it in one of his reviews

Probably, especially since SciFi is their most original album to date. 10/10

Devil & God > Science Fiction > Deja > FOYD > Daisy > YFW

SciFi>TDAG>Daisy>Deja

YFW High School/10
Deja Entendu - 7.5
Devil and God - 9.5
Daisy - 10
Science Fiction - 9.8

Every time I listen to brand new, I listen to all their albums in order.

bullshit, if anything TDAG was the most obviously derivative record they made. The boys literally tried to imitate Nigel Godrich all the time on that fucking album. Fantano is a clueless retard.