Political Punk Rock

Why is it that so many leftists associate themselves with punk rock? Had it been a new and recent trend these same people would be screaming bloody murder over the use of Nazi imagery. Wasn't punk rock supposed to represent freedom of expression for the "individual"? How did it become a distorted uniform of leftist values?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zOFEJskLi0Q
youtu.be/erg-sYrPOLQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_Amendment
youtu.be/NEPRfEFMS5Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like older punk but I hate leftists. Seeing them try and emulate something they have no clue about is pretty cringy

Lol punk rock has been left at least since the 80s. Just look at the dead kennedys or black flag. Nazi Punks Fuck Off was literally written like 30 something years ago. It's not a recent development

Punks were kinda divided on fascists getting in on their genre. Different scenes especially would see one side or the other of political ideology.

Punk is pretty political by nature though, it came about to complain about how shit popular music and the country as a whole had gotten during the 70s and 80s in England and even American punks got in on complaining about shit because the songs wrote themselves.

I know what you mean. I find it so ironic that groups of people who are offended by everything associate with a genre that was all about offending.

The difference is that there were actually more violent racists back then. Nowadays you'll be hard pressed to find gangs of skinheads roaming the streets and randomly attacking people.

?? Are you serious that Charlottesville thing happened like less than 2 weeks ago

Times change, everything was really fucking violent back then regardless of reason, location, or motivation. Racism is still a pretty touchy subject in modern times for obvious reasons, even if people can't be bothered to beat each other senseless in the streets just because a weird look got thrown the wrong direction.

all of the left isn't the same as the people you see in those radical SJW videos

>skinheads roaming the streets and randomly attacking people
>charlottesville

>How did it become a distorted uniform of leftist values?
It didn't. There's a plethora of racist, homophobic, nazi redneck republican punk.

>Punk rock is only leftist
It's not really either m8. Skinhead punk is a thing too, and neither that nor crust punk ever went mainstream. Crust punk a little more than the far right skinheads maybe, but punk started off as being apolitical before the left right split began

youtu.be/zOFEJskLi0Q

I don't support them but they were not attacking anyone until the protesters started showing up with weapons

To me it's so strange that race relations has gotten to such a tumultuous point. I always thought growing up in neighborhoods that were mostly black that REAL hardcore racism had died a long time ago.

Yeah I know that, I just didn't want to throw out SJW because then people just shout "back to Sup Forums"

>Skinheads in Charlottesville
Lmao stop watching MSNBC and FOX. Charlottesville became violent because the police there refused to separate the alt right and antifa from each other, leading to 3 deaths and 20 injuries. It wasn't white nationalists roaming the streets and punching people it was a bunch of brawls between anarchists and white nationalist. Everyone came armed and ready to get some.

My guess is that punk can't REALLY exist in the way it used too. The norm used to be conservative republican (at least by today's standards) back when punk was created. But now liberals have equal or greater footing, so the whole alt underdog angle they're playing doesn't work anymore. Either way. always try to separate your political bias' when thinking about music

Are you just going to ignore that a huge mass of people were run over by a "violent racist"? 19 injured and 1 dead. sorry if that's not violent enough to fit your definition

>Charlottesville became violent because the police there refused to separate the alt right and antifa from each other, leading to 3 deaths
>3 deaths
How did either the alt right or antifa cause that helicopter to crash, you fag?

yeah that was one guy, you said
>skinheads roaming the streets and randomly attacking people
it was like 100 nerds with tiki torches who didn't want a statue taken down

Seriously idk why that helicopter crash has been lumped in with the incident, completely unrelated

>We're run over
After he was assaulted by a bat and panicked. Apparently as he was approving the crowd going about the speed limit he slowed down and was hit by a bat.

Mind you antifa and BLM protestors have a history of dragging people out of there cars and beating the shit out of them , and gose were just random bystanders. This guy was an actual member of the alt right.

Yeah forgot about that. 1 death and 20 I juries we're caused by anarchists and white nationalists warring in the streets. Then 15k anarchists showed up to protest an Indian guy running for Congress with black lives matter signs just because he supports free speech.

>100 nerds
First of all, the tiki torches where the night before the event of the car attack.
Second, this guy looks like a nerd to you? Looks more like a fat redneck nazi to me.

In this first video you can hear and see him get hit with a bat, then audibly break and floor it afterwards
youtu.be/erg-sYrPOLQ

Does this guy look like a white trash Nazi to you?

I never said anything about skinheads roaming the streets, the guy I originally responded to claimed that there weren't any "violent racists" anymore, which in light of extremely recent events, is definitely not true. Even if it was only one dude, he still fucking ran over 20 people

You can't see a person's beliefs on their face, you dumb nigger.

ITT cherry picked pics and data for what ever side you wanna believe in
TLDR tumblr

There really aren't. Not since the 90's has white nationalist been a thing. This stuff with the alt right is brand new , and nowhere near what it used to be.

>100
None of them wore masks, and all of them risked being doxxed/beaten up/demonized by the media.

Meanwhile antifa gets praised on CNN for denying the Holodomor and beating up anyone to the right of Chomsky.

Go back to Sup Forums, faggot.

>demonized by the media.
They demonized themselves when they decided to march in support of monuments to treasonous soldiers who found against freedom. They demonized themselves when they went out shouting literal nazi slogans, slogans of a defeat enemy of America.

NAZI PUNKS

>They demonized themselves when they decided to march in support of monuments to treasonous soldiers who found against freedom.
I bet you don't even know what a jeffersonian is, let alone what the legacy of the articles of confederation did to permenantly divide the concepts of liberty in this country permenantly between federalism and states rights.
>Muh Confederates were as bad as Nazis meme
Topkek this is coming from the people who offered the South the Corwin Amendment (amendment to protect slavery in the South under should the Confederacy rejoin the Union) and who hired Pinkertons to best up and shoot Union workers advocating against child labor and healthcare while they worked dangerous manufacturing jobs.

At least all the slaves in the South had health insurance if they were injured and weren't left to die in streets of cholera, meanwhile the Industrialists wage slavers if the North put women and children into dangerous work conditions and refused to give them healthcare while they died of cholera. Lol

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corwin_Amendment

>The Corwin Amendment is a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution that would shield "domestic institutions" of the states (which in 1861 included slavery) from the constitutional amendment process and from abolition or interference by Congress.[1][2] It was passed by the 36th Congress on March 2, 1861, and submitted to the state legislatures for ratification.

Punk is inherently political in its rejection of mainstream aesthetic and thought. It's a lashing out against the present. Whether the new world you want to build is anarchist or fascist you agree the one you have now isn't it.

Where are the lazy faggots that are support to moderate this dog shit board?

>Talk about political punk rock
>Is suprised when people bring up politics

user, why?

Nobody here is talking about music, motherfucker.
Look around. This thread is just an outlet for Sup Forums fags to shitpost.

Germs are our guys
>I'm looking through Communist eyes
>All I see is an old man's alibi
>There's a world outside but I'm unaware
>I open my books but the pages stare

I'm sure if it was as liberal political posting in a punk thread, you'd be fine it though, right?

It's punk, of course it's political lmao

I hate punk threads, always end up with two idiots throwing facts at each other. I'm a leftist myself, but god damn people, learn to discuss politics better just don't throw stuff from a Chomsky or Mises Interview you saw on YouTube.

Punk has been leftist since at least '76, with the London scene. There are a very few right wingers (Johnny Ramone, Dave Smalley of Dag Nasty/DYS/Down By Law, Michael Graves of Misfits, Skrewdriver), but punk has been left wing from nearly the beginning, with groups like Crass, The Clash, Fugazi, the Refused, The Dicks, MDC, Dead Kennedys, The Dils, and so on. It's about individual expression, grassroots "DIY" ethics, and to some degree, equality. The one thing punk would side with the right on nowadays is anti-PC censorship.

Also proto punk was also pretty left wing. Just listen to MC5, The Stooges, Patti Smith..

>Leftists
>Liberals
Lmao pick one. Leftism =/= liberalism

T. /his/torical autist

punk has always been counter culture and back then that was closer to the left than it was to the right

Don't mind the american, they don't know that in the third world liberals and conservatives are the sides of the same coin

I mean it's hard to get more counter culture than to openly promote the destruction of all culture, so leftism was always a big attraction to punk.

Not really sure where GG Allen would be, or where his scene would be
>Fuck children on stage
>Stab people
>Do drugs
>"I'm allowed to do anything and fuck you if you dont like it"
>Flings shit at people
Anarcho Capitalism maybe?

Don't be silly. Left-liberalism is just another name for social democracy, basically, only a little more right wing/capitalistic.

Conservatives and liberals are just liberals in the US - neo-liberals to be specific. Neocons are just neo-liberals who like God and Israel t b h. Neither leftism or right is has an actual presence in the US. Politicians just serve money and nothing else over here.

lol I doubt GG Allin was overly concerned with economics, but he certainly seems to be an individualist. Maybe an egoist anarchist?

t. 15 year old

God this question is so fucking sad.

You idiots realize that most of the left (and essentially all of the punk-left) doesn't get triggered at the slightest perceived injustice, right?

You all just pick out the cringiest lefty shit that almost everyone disagrees with so you can pat yourselves on the back about being on the right side of the political spectrum.

old fucks arent punk

>GG Allen
>Reading
Lul, i mean I'm sure him and Stirner would get along just fine. I mean apparently GG and John Wayne Gacy were best buds too, at least that's what Gacy says in the documentary
youtu.be/NEPRfEFMS5Y

The Sex Pistols were barely political. Waaah we hate the Queen! Random "anarchistic" rhetoric!

Besides, Johnny Rotten is an arch Sup Forumstard now.

>most of the left doesn't get triggered at the slightest perceived injustice

>You idiots realize that most of the left (and essentially all of the punk-left) doesn't get triggered at the slightest perceived injustice, right?

Has to be b8. No one can be this stupid. I refuse to believe