Should I join the army? They have a good offer for me and they seem pretty cool...

Should I join the army? They have a good offer for me and they seem pretty cool. My current job sucks and the only benefit is I get to see my friends and family regularly. At work I have to take shit from a bitch ass short black guy that talks trash "playfully" all the time, but if I give it back to him he gets flustered because he knows I'm bigger and stronger than him with better credit. Fuck I hate him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6eh4sztBbE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well you should do some sort of a test run, so don't sign up for 46 years right away. What's the shortest period? A year? A year and a half?
Military isn't for everyone and i've seen a number of people break from it - i'm not even talking about combat related ptsd but a mix of high stress, terrible food and a high degree of boredom.

The army sucks. Find a better job.

It's two years or less. Pays decent and I'll be a type of officer.

The better jobs have just teased me with interviews or ignored me entirely.

I'm pretty into being physically active right now so something military sounds right.

Do it. The military is shitty but the benefits are amazing. I do IT and they pay for all my certification test so when I get out, I'll land an easy six figure job. I'm already security+ and MCSA Windows 10 certified. Studying for my CEH and CASP exams soon. All while paying for college while I'm still in AND when you get out. Shits literally a cake walk. Start running and do plenty of pushups. Pick a job that will give you experience for the outside. Don't fall the "muh country hooah hooah" meme. Do your time and get the fuck out. Some days are gonna be shitty but get over it and move forward. Don't be a dumb fucking private and buy a car with an insane interest rate. Don't develop any random military habits like smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day (gross), dipping, or being a damn alcoholic. Don't be the guy that complains all the fucking time in your unit. Keep your head low and you'll do fine.

join navy if you want an actual skill

The Army today is basically attrition and fear of the outside world. Besides that go for it, I'm less than a year until I'm out, had a lot of good memories here.

I'm a navy recruiter and I will tell you one thing...If you don't see yourself making it a career you better take advantage of the schooling or else you'll get out of the military and have nothing to show for it.

Well I just re-enlisted. Not a bad gig. The first comment you got on here, you should just ignore... not sure how you become an officer with only signing a 2 year contract. Maybe I'm wrong but pretty sure 3 years is the shortest. That's what ive gotten both of mine. To the guy who said "Do your time and get the fuck out." Fuck you, I'm 100% positive you're a pog.

It's a science gig. It will help my resume and they are talking about furthering my education.
On their site it said two years before.
Thanks for your story. I hate cigs and all that shit. I barely like alcohol. Also good credit so I can get a 2018 car with 0%interest

>pog
how does your ncos cock taste?

Op here
Chill out dude. You already make more for less work. Why do you have to fight with him over the term pog?

>just re-enlisted
>"100% sure you're a pog"

You mean, someone who isn't a fucking retarded meat shield. Enjoy doing your 20 and still being a worthless piece of trash.

Degenerate monkey.

im shipping to basic in 4 days, ask me anything about my contract or processing to join.

Ok. What's your contract? What's your long term plan?

Get married 2 weeks after arriving at my duty station to someone I've known for a few days for BAH

my contract is 6 years, over a year of it is just training. for me its 12 weeks basic, 44 weeks of my MOS school, then 5 years active. long term plan is to go to college while i'm in the army so i can get promoted more and maybe go to officer school in the future. thats about it so far

No one will just be a "type of officer" faggot. You either are or you aren't and don't bring up NCO faggots.

>college while i'm in the arm
In practice, it's hard to do this. But over a six year enlistment a hard dedicated person can get 1-2 years of college in. After you get out, the GI bill makes the rest of college much cheaper.

Get married that fast?are you insane?

>rest of college much cheaper
and you're not an 18 year old dumb fuck any more. college girls like ex military guys

Lol nigger think it's a drama movie. Watch that bitch fuck you for half your paycheck after you get back and she's fucking Tyrone, your LT Officer. Then we'll see how far you'll fall the COC.

Relax you triggered twat. The job I applied to had officer in the title. I already have education. I need to go to bed. Goodnight guys

you must not know about these younger troops nowadays

Marriage is bananas regardless.

>filename
>LOGo

How about instead of the shitty army you join the Navy instead and have some fun.

Nah, you missed the good times between 05' to 09'. Shit's gay now.

I got 6 years in and working on 4 more for this contract. Was originally infantry but got sick of doing jack shit without a "war" going on so I reclassed. It's definitely been fun and it definitely has its stupid moments. Just pick a job that can actually be used on the outside and be good at it. I know a few that were IT in the army and getting offered great jobs on the outside.

Lol? Pretty sure you are you dumb cunt. Combat Arms MOS's have the highest attrition rate. Back to your commo job faggot.

Also, I need my radios filled so hurry up with that donut you fat piece of shit...

>fun
>he means buttsex

youtube.com/watch?v=K6eh4sztBbE

In 2 months I'll finish my 6 year contract. I'll give you pros/cons.

Pros:
GI Bill (4 years of free college + Monthly Payments depending on loction)
Free College while you're in (Yearly cost limit idk how much)
Fitness?
IT Certs/Training if that's you're thing

Cons:
You'll wanna kill yourself about 2 years in
GL getting a decent post, been stationed in FT Bliss for 5 years now
Leadership is trash
Most people in are trash
Living in Barracks if you're single
Shit pay
Most MOS's don't transfer over to the civilian sector
You'll wish you would've joined the AF