I work at Walgreens as a Pharmacy Tech and someone on the floor reported me for 'grazing'...

I work at Walgreens as a Pharmacy Tech and someone on the floor reported me for 'grazing'. I did in fact open a drink and consume it, but before finishing I did pay for it. I am now on suspension, what are the chances I'm fired?

I've been with them for about 3 years.

Rip your job

Shit Can City.

I am an SFL, thats bullshit. You'll be fine

Show them your receipt maybe?

You'll keep your job. You've just been warned.

would there be surveillance footage of you paying?

Honestly I'd say pretty high. Assuming that you've worked at that location for a long time it would be in Walgreens best interest to drop you and pick up a new worker so they can start them at minimum wage again. I'd check with your in with your local workers union and tell them about it. They may be able to help you out. It would seem fair to put you on suspension for "Investigation." However to fire you for paying for the drink just seems unlawful.
I'm not a lawer or anything.

Fuck Walgreens. They are ageist and will fire you when you get older so they can hire someone younger and less experienced and pay them less.

Travis Setzer from the Walgreen’s in Tempe on Mill and Broadway is the Devil.

I am an SFL you will just a verbal warning...saying please pay before you consume...nothing will happen...since you are just a CSA you will be fine...I always pay first. I matter how thirsty you are

OP HERE, Uhhh I'm not a CSA, I'm a Pharmacy Tech. Loss Prevention talked to be and had my ASM tell me I was suspended.

As I'm certified I know that I could probably get paid better working at a hospital but I'm scared I'll lose my good hours that are helpful with school.

PS that's not the only thing my LP lady is grilling me for. She is also saying that I broke policy allowing my 10 year old brother use my rewards card number which has an employee discount, as well as my grandmother. She viewed this as literal theft. I told her I had no control over who used it since it's just a number and zip code. She then told me to call balance rewards and change my zip code into a password, I told her that's no where in the policy for me to do so how should I of known to of done that.

they don't allow your family to use discount?

Only old angry women work at my local walgreens. They chase off the younger hires or they see how shit it is and quit.

You must have been got
Doing more then that

Dude fuck that, start looking for a new job.

what city u in and what ur pay? im tech at walgreens too

how much do you make there? also do you care at all about the job?

I'll be 100% with what I did.

First she questioned me about who was using my employee discount. I said the only people were:

1.) Customers who were unsatisfied, I used it as a customer service tool. She said nothing about this.

2.) My grandmother who at one time did live with me. I explained she has a hard enough time going to the pharmacy so typing in the code would confuse her further. So I do it for her, or my dad types it in when he goes with her.

3.) My brother uses it but he sometimes lives with me, sometimes with me. She said I should tell him not to use it.

Now, second problem. She said I grazed which is eating product in store and not paying. But I did pay after I took the first drank. Additionally, I didn't get the little sticker that items get. But I did not snitch on anyone. I said no, I don't usually get stickers, I usually just take the receipt. The reason she is grilling me is:

I took a drink this specific day, without purchase, then late purchased them. She is insinuating that I changed my mind about not paying. But I kept away from that point and will not accept that.

Do I care about this job? It's my only way of paying bills. I'm 19, in college, got a car to pay for and insurance. This has been especially difficult for me since I was only recently taken off my dad's policy which is now more expensive. So I was already stressing about needing extra cash.

Do I care about this job? Yes. I need this right now. I have already applied to other places like hospitals since I can earn more there. But I risk losing a pharmacy manger who is very flexible with my hours. I am good at what I do, and if I did get terminated, I know my pharmacy will have a hard time finding a replacement for me since my manager only does interstore hires for the pharmacy.

Thank you for those of you who are putting their input. I'm just trying to calm myself down.

tell me which one and i'll go in with my book bag and raid your cooler

Wizards got their asses kicked

Oh no, your career

so customers now know your number and zip code, and can use it again in the future?

Sorry for not answering whoever asked this before.

Policy states it's for immediate family of the employee's household. My brother lives on and off with my dad (and me) and my mother. My grandmother only does it occasionally due to dementia.

whats your store number, ill go apply there as a trainee so theyll fire your bitchass