/daily/ - "would you move forward or backwards to get out"

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
plug.dj/discovery-zone
i.imgur.com/Bc24RMV.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's finally dead (/daily/, that is).

Sad

ok i have never seen a /daily/ thread this dead ever, i'll hurry with the thing i'm doing

Just let it die.

I antIcipate activity picking up once many /daily/ boys adjust to college

Golden times are coming I am sure

Saving daily on my first day of college (because I felt like doing so).

twistin me up like licorice

Disclosure - Settle
The music is very mediocre though I suppose there is a somewhat smart choice of guest vocals, which are decent contributors to some songs ("White Noise", "Voices"), sometimes being basically the only good thing about a song ("Latch", "Help Me Lose My Mind"). Some songs with samples instead of guest vocals overdo the repetitiveness to the point it's irritating ("Grab Her", "When A Fire Starts To Burn"), the rest of the album is pretty much average without anything outstanding.

Esplendor Geométrico - Sheikh Aljama
From the first track I expected it to be Esplendor Geométrico heading into Muslimgauze direction, but the arab vibe is actually barely apparent there. Some tracks are standing out for me ("Tráfica", "Descontrol", "Min Dahul", "Animatriz"), the rest were easy forgettable. I guess a good feature about the piece is that though the music is repetitive, at least it's not dragged for too long.

New Order - Power, Corruption & Lies
First two tracks are too much Joy Division for me, but it gets better from there, the synth direction was a good one to take for them. Still, only a couple of really catchy tracks for me on the album ("The Village", "Your Silent Face").

Oh

just made it this is a bunch of israeli albums that I think alote of you will enjoy, there are alote of diffrent types of music here, just my littile thank you for all the years of exsposing me to great music, sorry for the lack of vocabulary in english it will be hard for me to preiview
I think youd like TATRAN (post rock) or 3421 most

What the hell is that gif, something scientific?

Checking out that TATRAN album, nice drumming.

agreed

yeah this ep and shvat are one of my fav isreali music

bump

ur twistin ma melon man

Tried the following;

>Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Primary Colours. This is a brilliant garage rock/ post-punk album that bears slight resemblance to The Feelies given the emphasis on percussion though is slightly less unique in sound. On the whole though great and Brendon Suppression's vocals come feature great eccentricity throughout.
>Eddy Current Suppression Ring - s/t. Perhaps even better than Primary Colours, slightly harsher and energetic even if its not as polished.
>Total Control - Typical System. This leans more towards the more electronic end of the post-punk spectrum being more along the lines of synthpunk. I didn't enjoy it as much as Primary Colours though the lighter more atmospheric tracks such as "Liberal Party" and "Hunter" granted some enjoyment. Wasn't too keen on this overall.

Sounds interesting user, I'll certainly look into it.

i swear I'll make this thread alive when I have access to my comp

Triple jointed pendulum with 52 slightly different start positions. Supposed to be Chaos theory in action

tell me what you think I am here to further your search in music by your taste :)

bump

Ha ha! Time for Sup Forums

Gf is gone for the weekend. Recommend me some meme music

hey

Anyone know the chords to this? I've been trying to ear it for a while but I just can't. I suck.

You might already be into this meme

Koto Ensemble Of The Ikuta School - Japanese Koto Orchestra (1993)

I am not into that meme yet, I will download it from slask and listen thank you

Have you nerds seen this? Good throwback to 80s gore horror and some really Lovecraftian themes.

Sure. It's on Spotify if you use that. Thought you did.

f

I share an account with my dad and he's using it right now. Gonna upgrade to family account next month.

This is p good from this year

>new music

And this is p nice

CALM DOWN

Depending on how long I'm awake for the evening I might listen to some of this

80s throwback in media is so overdone and tired these days and no one does it with any sort of subtlety either.

It's not throwback in the nostalgic sense, though, like Stranger Things or even It Follows, and so on. It's a throwback in the way the horror is presented.

Please don't make fun of me anymore

dummy idiot

did you like dragon maid

half this thread has just been hampus posting so i guess i'll contribute

i cant remember if u are into minimalism/post-minimalism (what is difference i dont know!)
>Su Tissue - Salon de musique

i know you do like jazz though, so if you'd rather have a good doot try this
Joe Henderson - Inner Urge

dafuq is dragon maid

Still need a recc from Kanzler for the song tourney

I'm finally carrying on with this chart

>Harmonia - Deluxe
Still not really impressed with these guys desu. It's a bit more focused than Musik von Harmonia but it isn't really a huge improvement. Some of the synth work on side A is great at times but overall amounts to little and side B is just uneven as fuck, though Monza was a nice change of pace. I definitely appreciate it for its influence on electronic music, but there's better kraut electronic out there.

>Cluster - Zuckerzeit
This just seems like a failed attempt at italo disco to me. It's just more space-y electronic but this time condensed into mostly 3-4 minute songs. Some of these tracks have some good ideas, Fotschi Tong and Marzipan have great melodies in particular. However, as an album it feels disjointed, almost like snippets were cut from longer pieces and then just given a title and put on here.

also changed some scores

Those are some harsh scores. I guess you just don't really like the electronic side of krautrock.

fuck bishopboy desu

>Alban Berg Quartett - Schubert: String Quartet No. 15 in G major
I don't listen a lot of classical music but all I know is the first track here is a beautiful experience.

>John Coltrane - Sun Ship
I'm glad this wasn't so "free", it's pretty intense especially the drums, the piano is remarkable too.

we are now in bizarro /daily/

where hampus and rudi are active and work to keep the thread alive

No

yeah maybe, haven't really ventured too much into it though, it might just be cluster i dont like lol

>

Look at this picture I took of our boat while sailing the european west coast

Damn nice
I really miss our boat, it's in storage because my parents live in the us

Oh nice
Good taste (or good pretense)

Boats are great you can sail and shit with them

Wtf this literal meme has always been at the top of my backlog and I always skip past it because I thought it was gonna be mediocre math-rock

And it was actually really cozy, beautiful avant-folk with my favorite instrument, theremin
God damn it's so good

4/5

underrated and overlooked hard bc of the name desu
it's so goddamn cute and cozy

Yes! 迷ったのはくまさんアナタの方よ was fucking mind-blowing, holy shit

huh?
have you listened to Fuchigami to Funato - Happy Set ? I find it similar

No, but god those album covers look so cozy and inviting

I'll check it, thanks

hey /daily/.

i really like some doom/sludge metal, but i want to branch out and find more artists. unfortunately i really am not a fan of stuff that's really progressive, atmoshit, or excessively melodic. i just want some really twisted, gross, heavy doom. not too bluesy or reverb-drenched.

i like sunn, the body, and toadliquor.

>inb4 sunn is atmoshit
yeah but it's not like isis which is essentially post rock with muh doom riffs thrown in.

Hey guys Im new in /daily/ do any of you can afford me the image of "new in /daily/" unedited please?

What's the best EUROBEAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA

"would you move forward or backwards to get out"
that's about homosex

I think I recced Throwing Snow - Helical
Or did you hear that already?

Anybody wanna come share some music in here?

plug.dj/discovery-zone

lol didn't you recc this song in my first song tourney

you mean this?
i.imgur.com/Bc24RMV.jpg

FUCK OFF

Yeah, thank you very much user

Oh no
I always rec the same stuff :/
Then let's change to Ma Russie by Shortparis

Those are my picks
And you have them good scores so either you have good taste or you're pretending to have it right?

damn I'm blind, didn't see it was you. and well thanks I guess

Sometimes I want to work my way through the rest of the chart and review everything but it'll just remind people how bad my taste is.

I don't know if I've even finished the top /daily/core section t b h

Just drone me desu, it's a better chart

I mean you're 2/3 so far, just have the Schubert left. I'm totally lost when it comes to classical though

I made this today.

damn, I underestimated how many prolific /daily/ posters are starting college. i hope y'all enjoy your stay.

glad you fell for the meme, it's good

That's one hell of a juxtaposition of albums. Is this a favorite albums chart or a to-listen chart?

both

It's pretty much works the same as the rest, if you like the way it sounds; it's good.

The only thing is that people like it too much because it's considered like beautiful?
But you have to ask yourself if you want to listen to it over and over and that'll help define your classical taste I guess, it feels like stuff sounds beautiful more easily but that your enjoyment will still come from the amount of value it can give to you I guess

That's probably the only way you could get fun. and Merzbow on the shame chart, haha. Also if you like that dark ambient, I'd wholeheartedly recommend listening to Sleep Research Facility if you haven't yet.

>shame
fuck that's one hell of a freudian slip

I have listened to them for a while now. fun. and Merzbow are great. Lustmord, Tim Hecker, and Thomas are great too. 40 minutes till the release to X and Lil Uzi Vert album drops.

I am the benis inspector show me ur benis

Wrong board, chap.

isn't this where all the twinks are

maybe

Hmmm you've convinced me. Do you have a DL link by chance?

This edgy Taylor Swift song isn't very good desu

>I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now.
>Why?
>Because she's DEAD!
oh dear

>"ah, what a silly post"
>it's actually in the song

The Half Life writer just signed the series' death note and posted the planned ending
what a night, /blog/

oh my god it's awful

wtf is this even pop anymore

Amen.

God if they just had created that game

It doesn't even sound like it would be horribly long or anything
Fuck

tfw you just realized Mm Food is just MF DOOM with the letters rearranged

post you're month uwu