being underage/poor

It's free

I don't like wasting money

>lives in a third world country
>works to survive
>doesnt buy albums
>has a favorite band he'd die to see

me

Music is supposed to be free. We're saving music by taking the control out of the record companies hands

You wouldn't understand

i don't even torrent i just go on youtube

I like [band] but I'm a selfish fuck
I imagine people who steal shit like the stuff they steal most of the time too

We know you do, normalfag.

i aint got no money nigga

Only autists think this way. Of course you can be a huge fan of someone and have had pirated all of their material.

I'm probably doing worse now by streaming and encouraging these kinds of shady services.

>"dude i love [band] so much"
>knows the smell of every band members shit and stalks them like some fucking retard instead of just listening to their music
Defend this.

>supports the monetizing of music and art as a whole

>band gets 0.5% cut from the sales
>members say in songs/interviews something like "fuck money/capitalism/our fans/everything"
thinking

>new album that just dropped is $15
>use that money on pizza
>download FLAC files while waiting
>burn to cd
>delete FLAC files
>pizza delivered

LOCK ME UP

>paying for non physical copies

Theres really no way to defend not buying music/show tickets/merch. You can torrent stuff but not supporting the arts in any way isnt cool. yet the pirates will always come up with impressive mental gymnastics to defend themselves.

>b-b-b- but record companies n shyet

>fan of artist's music
>doesn't support them financially in any way
>complains when they sell-out or end up breaking up over money issues
I hope you know you're a massive hypocrite if you do this

>"Dude I love [band] so much"
>only buys their albums second hand
It's basically the same thing

I watch this one collector guy on YouTube that rants about pirating so much yet every other album he shows in his updates he got off fucking Discogs

My retarded justification is that I only torrent from artists that have "made" it (for instance Kanye West, Radiohead or any artist that is filling stadiums) and won't be struggling financially with a lack of album sales. Artists that are on the come up or are in financial need because they make more obscure music, I always buy their albums. Idk if this is morally wrong or not, but I've convinced myself it's okay

No that's pretty fair

>Music is supposed to be free.
I wonder, how did you arrive to this brilliant conclusion?

I'm never in a position to spend money on music. It isn't like I have fifteen dollars ready to go and then decide "NO, I'LL STEAL IT". My consumption hurts nobody. Nobody is losing out on my dollar. I don't even have my dollar.

There is really no defending it.

>Dude I'm poor I need money for food lol

If you can afford to sit and waste time on this website, you can afford the measly 5-10 bucks an album would cost.

>Also if you think "all music/art should be free" you are delusional and naive.

It's not like i'd start spending money on music if I couldn't pirate, i'm not hurting anyone.

what if I simply don't want to buy music? why shouild I?

If it wasn't on YouTube and you couldn't pirate and streaming didn't exist, you'd save money and put it together to buy the album that you really want to hear

>you'd save money and put it together to buy the album

No I wouldn't.

Intellectual property is a spook

>2017
>buying records
Lmao just go to see them live

>being this much of a consumer
dude, a century and a half ago, there were NO albums or other media except for sheet music, and there were many a great lover who actually had knowledge of their subject, in fact incomparable with knowledge of popular culture enthusiasts

I'd rather spend money on official merch than albums. Discographies get most of the money from the music sells anyway, and you can show your support and promote the band at the same time if you wear the apparel, so it's ultimately better for the very band's sake.

So 40+ years ago when buying an album was the only option to listen to music (other than radio), people just chose to not buy albums because they didn't want to pay for them? No. Everyone bought albums. You must just not like music, and that's okay I guess

>posts anime characters
>site requires you to be 18

explain this

Fuck off back to plebbit

>complains about people posting anime
>on an anime forum

Since most of the bands I like are already disbanded, I mostly just give my money to the resellers, not the artists.
But I like owning the real deal. Also, for a lot of bands I like, there's really no good quality rips online. And some stuff straight out unobtainable. I like collecting stuff like demos, etc.
I have supported bands while they were active, buying all releases and merch, but they still disbanded. I don't regret supporting them though.

This. This is the reason I just dl FLACs of things like old, out of print Boris albums. I want to pay THEM for the music, not some random asshole on discogs that probably doesn't even like their music.

>Also if you think "all music/art should be free" you are delusional and naive.
True

>If you can afford to sit and waste time on this website, you can afford the measly 5-10 bucks an album would cost.
Very not true. How do people even begin to think this is the case for any website.

Records are the only worthwhile physical investment for music, and most bands I love won't get reprints for a while if at all. I don't have the cash to drop $200 on a record very often

So worth it though, the value only goes up after purchase. This is how to win capitalism, kids. Don't ever buy something which will decrease in value even while it's perfectly usable

>paying money for things
lmao dude capitalism

>yes goyim, the greedy resellers need to eat too!

>>>/reddit/

>waiting nine years to get your automobile delivered to you
>waiting hours in line for a piece of bread
>you disappear from existence because you looked at me funny
Dude communism lmao

that is just such a SHIT argument.

Brazil?

I torrented all of Ling Tosite Sigure's discography a few years ago, but none of their stuff was in print in the US at the time.

>see them live every time they're in my city
>buy a t-shirt/hoodie at each gig

the money isn't in album sales

Bruh finding Jap music is such a fucking chore. Torrenting is a nightmare since no one seeds and mp3 sites are sketch as fuck.

>$40 t-shirts

Lmao

kill yourself you jew