Brexit at 1/6 odds

Chances of Brexit are looking slim according to William Hill and Ladbrokes betting firms, which currently put Remain at 1/6.

Not too surprising, to be honest. Celebrities, the central bank, international organisations, big business, etc. are all hitting the headlines recently shilling for the EU.

I think Outs chances depend on
1) Boris going into top gear, assuming that he currently is holding back
2) A Greek economic collapse or a surge in migrant numbers or some other unpopular move by the EU regarding immigration.
Other than that, it looks like Remain will win.

breitbart.com/london/2016/05/17/brexit-poll-tracker-the-predictions-so-far/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGvhOEp3HwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sdSA8D9c4TU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because betting odds were so good at predicting the general election, Trump, and Leicester City, right?

>punters see long odds
>bet small amount
>vote leave to sure up bet
>repeat times 1,000,000

Leave keeps trending upwards don't be so pessimistic.

its just like common market referendum. The whole EU money can be used to bombard UK with "stay" propaganda, and its money that win elections

Hopefully there's such a thing as 'shy Brexiters', I think there probably is.

The election was nothing like Miliband at 1/6 at any point. Them giving 3.5/1 on leave is a big deal.

How many shit skins are voting to stay in I wonder.

The country has been hijacked, by "gibmedats" I think.

The opposite is true.

The betting agencies apparently disagree.

Boris doesn't want out of the EU. He decided to take a calculated political hit in order to distance himself from Cameron and get a decent section of potential voters on his side.

Even if the country voted for Brexit (which will never happen), Boris suggested we could use the vote to simply get a better deal from the EU.

We will Remain, Johnson will disappear until 2020 when he fights for the leadership of the Tories, mass immigration will continue and the EU will grab an even tighter hold on Britain. Forever.

>vote to stay passes on 23rd of June
>terrorist attack on 24th

can you imagine?

Interesting theory.
The counter to it is, of course, that Boris' failure in the Out campaign will kill his chances at being PM, whilst his success would heighten his chances.

Only if you think the phone polls are accurate which they are most certainly not.

its ramadan soon, have hope

I knew it. Even the fucking DM has turned traitor and is trying to fear-monger.

The worse part is that right after this passes, the UK will be forced to take in hundreds of thousands of rapefugees, and not a thing anyone can say bc "Well, you voted for it!"

Unless you are super wealthy, Brits have to begin considering Australia. Not kidding. There is no middle class life for Whites left in the UK if Brexit doesn't pass.

That's the problem with democracy - it might be 52-48 in favour of staying, but forevermore that 48% will be ignored.

There are almost certainly more Remainers in total than Leavers, but most of them don't really give a fug and just apathetically toe the line. So our best hope is that the Remainers simply don't bother turning up.

OUT will actually vote though, IN's wont remember of get out of bed from what I've seen of them.

These are the same people who fucked up the G.E results

I wouldn't worry about it

Betting odds for leave are getting worse.
I don't take too much interest in the phone polls. They serve as an indicator of how well Remain will do in the best/worst possible situation, I think.

The only good thing about remain winning is we'll get exactly what we deserve for being that stupid

Australia is probably in a better position than the UK, but it isn't anywhere close to being whitopia, though.
I'd really like to visit Australia. Seems to be easy for Brits to move there.

Betting odds take account of all of this.
Betting odds don't try to represent the polls or anything. They look at polls and then add in all of the other effects, like the shy Tory, the willingness to vote, etc. to arrive at their odds.

>Betting odds

I'm done you don't need me to tell you to you couple of quid down on your favorite pick.

I think the only genuinely good thing about it is that we might be able to offer some support to V4 on policies like immigration, assuming that the Tory's stay in government for the next GE, and hoping that they even swing a little to the right.

UKIP will get a surge of support, just like the SNP did.

I think the EU will be put to sleep eventually by the rise of right wing populist parties across Europe anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=fGvhOEp3HwQ

I think it will come down to the debates just before the date. Especially the debate between Farage and Cameron.

If Farage DEMOLISHES Cameron, like he should by all accounts, then that could really give #BREXIT the push it needs.

I haven't looked into the debates.

The debates are obviously good for whichever side is losing, offering them a chance to take the lead. Probably this will benefit Brexit campaigners.

I'm surprised if Cameron has agreed to a debate, especially against Farage. It'd be better for Cameron if he made it look like he would not even dignify the other side with the opportunity for a debate.

Maybe if it was a debate on a non-issue, but this is the EU Referendum; not agreeing to a single debate against the one person who has long been the face of UK lndependence is equivalent of admitting that you'd lose.

I Think the UK will leave. It is not possible that they will stay, that would be very foolish with Turks getting access to EU. It will be worse than Poland and Romania. This will be a disaster to EU taxpayers to be sure.

>that would be very foolish
There's a lot of very foolish people here.

The rich will get very rich because they will have a lot of people demanding their services and produce, but the people that make up society and pay most of the taxes, they will see their World destroyed with the Turks join. If you have a choice, I Think you're smart enough to stop this from happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdSA8D9c4TU

>Stupid fucks thinking the 'choice' hasn't already been made and their votes count for shit

t. P Hitchens

It will show that the will of the electorate is at odds with the elected government. With Labour and 2/3rds of the Tories AND the SNP all shilling for Remain yet the nation votes to leave, they're going to have some explaining to do.

Hopefully the weather pisses it down on June 23rd

Then the Remainians, who tend to be lazy fucks, will stay at home because of the rain

>according to William Hill and Ladbrokes
Odds are based on bets placed m8. They mean exactly nothing.