ITT: What Makes A Bad Song

have at it

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s14CeTbnq3lj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my most hated thing about pop music is when the chorus repetitions are copy pasted to be more than half of the entire song

if it fails to do what it's trying to do

>bad singing
>bad melodies
>bad lyrics
>bad chord progressions
>bad aesthetics
>bad mixing/mastering/producing

Yup, prime example of a shit album

what does bad mean in this case

Lyrics devoid of emotion.

only the bad mixing part fits this album

me writing it

>implying don's voice is tolerable
>implying there's any semblance of a melody in any of those songs
>implying the lyrics are any more than prog-tier
>implying there's a single chord progression
>implying the whole thing isn't an acid-washed nightmare
>implying the production and mixing isn't amazing

Generally just an overly repetitive and predictable song structure, or using tired cliches.

If every chord change happens every measure, and every measure has a chord change, for example. Or if the rhythm is ONE two THREE four with absolutely no variation. Or if the chorus is nearly identical to the verses. Or if the melody plays perfectly in sync with the chords. Or if all voices are following the same parallel intervals.

I'll take a poor performance with shitty mixing but an interesting song structure over a brilliant performance with pristine mixing and a boring generic song structure any day.

Basically, if it sounds like almost every other song out there.

>Basically, if it sounds like almost every other song out there.
corey feldmans' sounds like nothing out and it's horrible

if it sounds bad it's bad

This, or at least failing more so than other songs attempting to do a very similar thing, is certainly the downfall of many artists in my eyes. Often a hard point to argue, since if someone has only heard the lesser song, saying "it's badly done" in this context means nothing to them.

/thread

>"way-oh-wayoh-wayohoh"
It makes me want to die

There is no such thing as bad songs, just songs that aren't good. It's a scale that goes from 0 to the positives, but never the negatives. You stop being a 0 once you do something original (originality is a spectrum, so even the tiniest bit of it works).

Zero contribution.

I hate this interpretation.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Listen to it again if you are going to keep that shitty uneducated opinion. At least say you don't like it.

>Lyrics
Red.dit

Same, but my version is improved.

Enjoyment =/= Quality

How do you know what a song's intention is?

I think that's only part of the equation. You can be very original but still make a bad composition and then perform it badly. I guess even that is better than being completely unoriginal, but only barely.

Sunday Morning

Being generic, using cliches and not making something your own. Not adding yourself into your music, just trying to copy someone else and doing it worse than them. I wouldn't say it makes for a bad song necessarily, just a very bland listening experience. Loud, annoying and jarring elements along with no sense of rhythm, structure or tone might make a truly bad song, though.

Quality in music can't be defined using a bunch of parameters, every song has different qualities.
That's why a bad song is a song that has no merit. A bad song isn't a song that hits a specific list of parameters, it is simply a song that's not good.

>vocaroo.com/i/s14CeTbnq3lj
>He wasn't there for the penultimate robot-core track thread

>Not adding yourself into your music, just trying to copy someone else and doing it worse than them.
what makes someone's copy worse than the artist they copied?

>tripfag that quotes every single post in the thread and redditspaces
lul tldr

How would that even work?
Even bad performings of non original music is original and os great (The Shaggs).

XD

If they don't add anything to it, if they simply do the same exact thing

it can be done well but rhyming the same sound 4+ times in a row using 3+ syllable words usually sounds terrible

but what if they do the same exact thing better than whoever they copied?

Then I guess it wouldn't necessarily be a bad song

if it hits the top 40 charts it is objectively terrible

Bro do you have aspergers or something of the sort?

Le "all popular music sucks" fag reporting in, he's really cool cause he doesn't like the music the rest of his 7th grade class listens to

If it's manufactured or otherwise non-genuine.

you are the worst trip on this board go fuck yourself

kys

Terrible use of autotune.

The fact that I don't currently enjoy it or see any value in spending the time it takes to listen to it