Advice on moving out

>advice on moving out
Do I have enough to live somewhere comfortably? I dont know anyone else to give me advice. I dont want to rent a shitty room within a house of strangers. Not looking for luxury as you can see with pic related.

you can't live anywhere in the united states with that without income

I thought so but god dammit I cant be here anymore. I live in socal btw to make it even more difficult. Whats a good starting amount to have?

Also self bamp

600/month is a room pretty much anywhere
200 and you're in the ghetto
800 for a shitty single studio apartment, in socal that would be inflated to more

this means at the very least you need part time work at minimum wage

you are better off investing that 2k to make money for you

Live on my own as a shift lead at a gas station.

Fucking live between your means of income. find a place you can afford yourself.

Every roommate is and Will be a faggot drain on you at some point in your life.

I wish I wouldve known almost any shit job can help you fly solo. Due to youthful taste i thought it was alot and it's not. Don't be a bitch

FUCK

make the best of the situation that you already have

I have no fucken clue about investing. I work at starbucks for christ sake. Teach me Sup Forumsrothers.

Ur not OP btw. But I agree. Fuck.

eCommerce is the act of buying products online and selling them online, they don't ever have to touch your hands

it sounds impossible but the majority of sellers on eBay and Amazon do exactly this, and its easy as fuck

most people have less than 500$ in savings which is why there aren't a lot of investors running around preaching this

>buy on alibaba
>sell on ebay

end of story

if you don't want to ship or sell the items there are options for that too, but you need to get some experience first

Have you made money doing this?
Sounds interesting

I've always made money on ebay, I'm getting into jewelry manufacturing now.
It's not just me, everyone on ebay/amazon is making money.

Just went to alibaba how the fuck does it work. Everything is dirt cheap. Do you have a lot of money now from it?

start with aliexpress, it's more user friendly

alibaba group is not a store, it is a connection to factories worldwide

there's really too much to say, what do you wanna know?
I make enough to pay for this apartmen, not have a job, and be able to invest in my new business. When it is further along, I'll still be involved with ecommerce. No reason not to.

Jesus fuck it sounds too good to be true. I dont know brother I just cant be here much longer. I only have 2k to my name. Im 20. How long does this shit take?

Where do you get large quantities shipped? And how does shipping work on eBay?

Going on /biz/ i have no fucking clue what anyones talking about. Its a different language. But i want to learn it. Anything is better than cleaning piss off floors and making frappuccinos the rest of my life.

Probably not since you probably need credit or a job reference

this is how it works

Factories need money to work.
We provide that money, we are capital investors.

It used to be that you needed a wholesale license for anyone to even speak to you...
With the birth of the internet and the death of brick stores, factories don't care anymore, they will sell to anyone anywhere for any reason.

>customer wants 1 item in USA
>factory in China can produce 100 items but has no money because chinese

>order 100 items, ship it in one big lot to good ol' USA

>sell individually on ebay/amazon
OR
>send the package to a "drop shipper" in the first place

you could try maybe 10 items at first, it would take 2-4 weeks to receive them, a month to sell, and a month to get paid.

The money flow is about consistency, it's not a bomb that goes off in your wallet.

/biz/ is garbage please don't go there lol

But where do you receive the shipment?

everywhere you shop search online line first.
If it's obvious you can undercut the big sellers.
do it.
fill a niche.
this means around $2000+ investment.

Where do you find what local businesses are selling? Most of the shit I can think of is too big or too electronic to have shipped from China.

how do you ship them and not have to touch them?

a. your house for small orders
b. a storage unit/warehouse you rent
c. a drop shipping business

they are pretty easy to find online and are called things like logistical solutions, eCommerce solutions

it's a privilege to get this far along and you will not be confused by the time you find it necessary

just start with home shipping

it's called drop shipping

you send it to a company and they ship it for you
they would be linked to your ebay account
amazon offers this service outright but it is costly

for this you have to pay warehouse fees and a percentage on the sale but it means doing no work

How badly does this cut into your profit?

So I buy 50 shirts from china dirt cheap bc chineses make clothing when coming out the pussy.
I flip the shirts either individually or in a pack for a greater value and reap the benefits? This must involve fucking super patience. I must learn more of this. Sounds like a thing to do while holding a min wage job.

>idk what to buy/sell

the first time I heard of fidget spinners is when I was looking at trends on alibaba, I didn't know these things would be so popular in the USA

trend data is a big market, a lot of people need this data to sell products and so there are a LOT of people making it

amazon? 40%

my own setup I'm losing less than 10% in warehouse fees, plus

Alright thanks sir.

NO CLOTHES
Sorry but china fucks that one up big time, unless you're talking fashion like snapbacks or belts, things that can't be fucked up by child labor

Start with items you know well, maybe items that are small, it will make shipping easy

Standard markup is 50%

Simply check to make sure what you're selling isn't already super competetive on ebay/amazon

Why not 100%? Too much competition?

So say I want to start with watches. They got nice ones for cheap. Where do i go from there

retail used to be double wholesale, but we're doing less work and our costs are lower now

if you're selling a product nobody else has mark it up however you like

I'd start with a sample, I'd want to feel the watch myself
then I'd look at the manufacture and contact them directly through alibaba
you can just order 100 items outright, but I prefer to ask them for an offer

at many of these companies as much as half their employees are actually sales agents, they are super helpful

Okay I think Im on the same page so far. So I get the sample. It feels good quality, I sell on ebay or offerup to people who have no idea what alibaba or these other websites are? How did you start? When did you start? Im fucking onboard at this point.

So even though the prices are low you can still negotiate? Based user you are opening my eyes. Keep it goin please

Here's something Alibaba related I read about a year ago. It's long but interesting.

It's not that they don't know its cheaper in china, it's the trust and the convenience and the ebay buyer protection guarantee etc etc

I was selling normal items in ebay for many years, just stuff.
At some point I ran out of junk to sell and needed more, I knew other sellers were buying from china but I just never tried it for some reason.
Maybe 2008 I was selling junk, by 2012 I made my first 10k in a year and stopped everything else, went into it full time.
Cash that I have and capital that I reinvest are different things, I only keep enough cash to live comfortably. Everything else goes back in.

of course you can negotiate, this is a factory
you can even make product changes or new designs entirely

its almost like you're walking the streets of china, they want American dollars, but you know they'll accept Chinese prices

I'm not just blindly asking for a discount, I know what my items are worth at this point and I'm competitive about sourcing it

Op present. This thread took a left turn but maybe for the better. I will do more research and maybe soon start with a couple items and see how it goes. As far as dropshipping and other factories and offers i got some work to do. Good shit.

Also look into data entry jobs. Good luck.

if I had listened to every ebay horror story I would never have gotten in to emoney

its good to know things are challenging, but they aren't impossible

How bout if a futurecustomers item breaks? Basically all the shipping, warranties packagings come out of my pocket?

We include theses costs, and there are options.

a. insurance, mostly costs more than you would lose
b. offer a squaretrade warrenty
c. plan on 5% of electronic devices failing and offer free replacement to customer, include in budget

I go with c lol, so does everyone

Wow. Okay have any recommendations on where/what/when to start? I learned something today.

Also i am not gifted with computers so data entry doesnt seem to hold water for me

btw in this case, if you send them a new one, don't bother shipping the old one back

if you're worried about scammers exploiting this then we use what is called "field destroy"

to return an item the customer must show you a video/picture of the item being destroyed, or send you part of it back

example:
bean bag chair, send back the liner
magic flight launch box, picture of the screen ripped out
shoes (very common), slash them open

sell items that you personally know
I like to to sell items that were hard for me to find but that I needed

computers are the future, bow down to the robot overlords!

Is this all legal lmao

this is just buisness

"you have to report your own taxes"
"buyers from the same state where in item is shipped must also pay sales tax within that state"

You are the father i never had. Teach me taxes papa. The only fucken thng i pay for is my car and phone bill

If you work at Starbucks, your best bet would be to find a place you can split rent and utilities in and get roommates. That's honestly the only way a millennial or anyone who's dependent can move out these days unless they are lucky or dedicated af and find a decent paying job out of school.

Not ideal, but I also work at Starbucks as a supervisor, and live in a rented house with 5 people (it's actually not so bad since none of them are lazy deadbeats). But. I live in a state where the living wage is lower.

Aside from what other anons told you, my opinion is that you can either stay where you're at, or try it again with different people. It's still a luck thing from who you get but no one telling you what to do, and you'll always be strapped for cash! So, yeah.

What's it like working at Starbucks? Do you have to be very energetic?

nah, you're fucked
best bet is to spend your savings on a decent gun and become an hero while going for the high score

form 1040 is for self employment taxes, if you don't make over um... what is it... maybe 19500/year I can't remember, then you probably won't pay income taxes in the us of a

for your customers taxes are self reported and it's their duty to contact you if they are in the same state as you, otherwise internet orders have no added tax

Im not a shift supervisor but No you dont. Im quite low energy and got the job for about a year so far. Pretty easy. You pretty much become a janitor who also makes venti caramel frappuccinos with extra caramel. But a year is long enough i need to go some place else. Maybe costco idk

I'm at a licensed location, and it's very high volume. There is a sense of urgency to it, but the work isn't hard at all.
You don't have to be energetic, but you have to be quick to learn, and want to work, because you will. At least in my location, you're never standing still if you know what you're doing. I've worked at a low-volume Starbucks as well, and it's also not that bad, it's mostly the same thing over and over with a few surprises every now and then. Most people don't realize there's a lot of cleaning involved when it comes to working there. It's not just making drinks and smiling at customers.

You at a drive thru?

No, but it's worse. I'm on a college campus.

Oh so a "we proudly serve" type place. I covered shifts at those kinds of places. Drive thru takes the cake for hectic

get a real shit apartment for $500/month and survive on rice and canned peas for like 2months tops.

Same user.
Live in Montreal (Canada) no idea if this can help but... When I was 17 I was in a similar situation. I moved into an ex-drug den to an absolute cunt with no lease. I was able to pay rent $500 and utilities $150/month and with $16.50/hr I had enough money to put away money to work on another source of income on the side.

No, it's a full blown Starbucks, we had a "we proudly serve" place that I didn't work at that got removed for our place.

We average around 80-90 customers per hour on a weekday, don't know how that compares to other places

Only reason we don't have a drive through is because it would be physically impossible, otherwise, I'm sure they would have added it.