McDonald's pays to have its Szechuan sauce placed in a cartoon

>McDonald's pays to have its Szechuan sauce placed in a cartoon
>A ton of autists start screeching and spreading memes about it
>Autists everywhere think Rick And Morty may cause McDonald's to bring it back, not realizing McDonald's paid to put it in the show
>Think to myself "Wow, brilliant marketing strategy. It'll be a hit when they bring it back"
>They pick a date to bring it back
>Autists wait for hours and drive 100+ miles to get it
>Find out each store had less than 100 packs
>Screech in anger

I thought McDonald's plan was brilliant until I realized the limited quantity. Is there some angle I don't get? Or is McDonald's just retarded and thought they could get away with pulling a Nintendo

I think it’s pretty dumb how they had their strategies to be honest.

I got dubs!!

>until I realized the limited quantity
They got a hell of a lot more promotion from the huge lines and people not getting them than if they had enough for every person that walked in the door.

I think it would have been better if they at least had more packets of the sauce at least. Maybe at least 1000 per store or something. Not just 20

I doubt they paid for it to be in the show. Wheres the evidence for that? I think it was just a joke.

That's what I think. I feel like there's something I don't see, tho. Did a multi billion dollar company honestly think limiting SAUCE PACK supplies would boost market performance in the long run???? I feel like there has to be something I don't understand about this strategy. They can't be this dumb.

That's true, I get that. It's for in the short run, but seems like it would cause a loss in the long run

>Limited quantity

This is a tried and true business model. If somebody was 101st in line, then they're gonna want it that much more next time. Hype will always bring them back, while the actual sauce may not.

True.

Lolwut? Do you have any idea how ad placement works?

It would cause more demand for the product.

Idk I work for McDonald's and we had multiple people drive off angry because our store didn't have the sauce. Actually lost sales because of the promotion.

If it was a planned strategy than McDonalds was fucking retarded for not releasing the sauce widespread within reasonable proximity to the the hype that followed that episode... shit, planned or not they are retarded for not just throwing a promotion together short notice.

It's tried and true in the toy and electronic industry. It seems like a huge risk in the fast food industry

Ausfag here.

My friend to in Las Vegas said that people were lined at 10am for 'vouchers' but actual sauce McDonald's didn't release until 2PM. He arrived at 1:30 but they had rub out hours ago.

It has us talking about here so no matter what you say we are talking about it so advertising strategy wins hands down OP.

Also that episode was funny af, so whatever.

The reason a limited quantity strategy doesn't work here is that theres a statute of limitations on hype, especially when you consider that shows and their following can deteriorate pretty quickly from season to season.

I get that, I feel like they'll try to release it again later to draw people in further. However, I feel like they damaged their image among millennials with this.

Btw I'm not trying to just tear down peoples' arguments. I'm just going for light debate to better understand this marketing strategy, as marketing is what I study

Lmao I literally read this in mortys voice without meaning you, you massive beta faggot.

u can get this sauce and the deep fry chicken balls at any good chinese restaurant and its guaranteed better than shitty nuggets and shitty sauce

Ohhhhhhh!!!! I didn't even think of market performance in other countries

i realise you're a shackledragger, so you're dealing with a diminished mental capacity to begin with, but holy fuck man is this even english?

Toys, electronics, fashion, shoes, automotive, pretty much everywhere. It's tried and true in the fast food industry as well. Remember the McRib? I didn't even eat McDonalds, but goddamnit I was gonna get a McRib every time they came out.

Scarcity creates demand, and in this case they're trying to build it up even more than they already have.

This is why America is fucked.

These are the Amercans' biggest social concerns.

Yeah, that makes sense. The only way I can see this working is if they release it AGAIN after this at some point. Seasonally or permanently down the road

It doesn't count unless you call dubs in the post you got dubs in. Here's an example = check em.

Nice trips. Other than this only enjoyment is that you and 12yi poster below you only ever sound like Morty in your replies.

Put a high pitched 'Jee-Jeeeze man' in there every now and then and you are truly as beta as Morty.

Lurk moar newfag

Lmao you're a fucking loser for even saying someone "sounds like a Morty"

They most definitely will, but they just have to let the strategy sink in first. This is a new era of marketing. They didn't run commercials or actual ads for this, but here we are talking about fucking SzeChuan sauce at 1 a.m. This shit probably worked beyond their wildest dreams.

hbb But you do sound like a beta ff faggot. Sorry user. Go grow a few years and come back when you are 14. Then get banned for still being a faggot. Then learn how not to be a faggot maybe?

Also stay salty lol. You just mad I picked it correctly that you are 12.

Mods?

You've fucking got me there. I didn't even care about the release, but I'm excited about the results lmao

yummy

Only someone with autism would think that's good bait

Faggot got the quads. At least it wasn't to waste

>bring it back

The sauce never existed in the first place

Yes it did

Your only argument us calling someone underage in an elaborate way, I didn't even see what the other user said but you're a fucking goober

Nobody that came there specifically for the sauce would have been there without the sauce. You didn't "lose sales", the people that wanted food would have bought it without the sauce.

there's a thing in marketing that says that it's best to not make everyone happy. if you have 10 of something, tell people you can only give away 2. and actually just deliver 2 or maybe a couple more to people you wanna make feel really important.

Excellent point user

On that note, do you think this will cause enough outcry my millennial to lose sales in the long run (If they don't bring it back)? Since McDonald's is failing in the millennial market, anyway

The simple fact that Mcdonald's is already failing in the millenial market means they really can't be failing much harder there. If it helps that's great, if not it's not the market Mcdonalds aims for anyway.

I know. It's called artificial demand. But It's rare in an industry like this

Exactly, generate demand by desire and envy of the few that got it. But they use it all the time. If you think about it, fast food industries are just like any other, or even better and more efficient. It's underrated because you can instantly eat the product and forget about it, but they are the same.

Yeah, artificial demand is a real thing. But limited time works well for a place like McDonalds, less so limited amount.
People always go when McRibs come back because they might not be offered again for a while. But unlike a bunch of other stores, that sell plenty of items, McDonalds is just fast food. If I went to McDonalds because I wanted a McRib, and found out they were completely sold out, I'm just as likely to not try and get one again, or to go somewhere else next time. Like imagine if you went to Dairy Queen and they didn't have ice cream some percentage of the time.
A limited time run makes sense, but just not having enough and telling people there was sauce at places where there wasn't makes me think it's more they screwed up than have some grand scheme in artificial shortages.

I gotta side with this user. It just doesn't seem to make much sense in fast food.

But I guess we can debate about it as much as we want. Until we see McDonald's next move, I guess it's hard to tell whether they have some brilliant plan in mind or not

your duck's a homo.
trips of truth.

Rick just used it to manipulate the dumbass bug. Literally everyone buying into it is being manipulated by Rick. It's pretty fucking awesome.

I ain't going to McDonald's till they have Mr. Meeseeks.

You're extremely autistic

I'm an engineer and I score bitches. If this is autism I'm fucking winning.

I think they underestimated how many faggots like that god damned gay ass show.
TBH I don't blame McDonald's at all for not releasing much of that shit. IDK why they even have a 'Szechuan' sauce anyway, there is nothing on the menu it goes with.

I love Rick and Morty but goddamn, people are fucking stupid.

robby kys

I wouldn't call nasty ass autistic girls who would stoop so low as winning

I just can't imagine anyone in engineering, besides architectural, having a socially adept and attractive girl

Architects are idiots. I manage people mostly these days thanks to my alpha personality.

If you had an alpha personality, you wouldn't consider being an architecture so important

Everyone who posted ITT didn't taste it. I never read an user say 'yes it's great' or 'no it's bad'.

The fact that we are talking about that shitfest of a show that they won. Advertising 101, get faggots talking about your promo. Why do you retards let them win so hard?

Pic related: shit food trolling even shittier food.

That's dumb as shit, there's nothing wrong with freezing beef.

I didn't say it was. Just such a shit tier fast food place you are all nutt hugging. Such shit tier that other fast food restaurants can troll them.

Sage

if they paid for it they obviously would've stocked appropriately.

This was already discussed ITT you slow retard

(you)

You could have saved time by just typing "I don't"

thats real nice kid, but check these out

>plot twist, op is one of the screeching autists
>mad cause he missed his chance for some shitty sauce

Don't be mad you didn't get your autisauce

Posting this shit again....

Plot twist, op is mcdonalds, part of the beta test of the sauce.

Again? Nigger this is the first I've been on Sup Forums in 3 days

actually yeah lol. good to hear the butthurt is strong though

Am I the only person who hasn't seen this fucking show? I haven't even seen a clip of it. And I don't want to. Because I know if you faggots are into it, there's no way it's good.

Not everything is an ad placement autist

its funny how psuedo intellectuals that watch this shit show are so easily suckered into real life advertisement placement as in lining up like sheep at 10 am for sauce available for a while... real smart...

>not knowing the difference between hipster humor and ad placement

They had people driving hundreds of miles to line up outside their restaurants.

Sounds like it worked just fine to me.

I literally do not know any characters voices or clips, I feel blessed.

>you guys like it so i wont

Get over yourself faggot

its the same shit you moron

Obviously not everyone understands even the basic fundamentals of business

Just watch it an judge for yourself, who the hell cares about what some faggots on Sup Forums think about stuff.

wow OP very smart I bet you see through all the bullshit, everywhere, not just in this instance. Any more insights you'd like to share??

Feelsgud

I especially knew to stay away from it after Elon "the world is a simulation forreal no totally" Musk started praising it.

this

I'd like to share the fact that you can't fucking read through thread

lemme quote your own shit.

>Autists wait for hours and drive 100+ miles to get it

>Is there some angle I don't get?

do you think those "autists" spent all that time to get to a mcd's, found out they couldn't get the sauce, and then didn't order anything?

mfw mcdonalds teased neckbeards to visit their restaurant an extra day for a special sauce.

mfw neckbeards fell for it.

mfw OP is such a dumbass virgin homo pleb that after he wrote it all out he still didn't get it.

thats even more hipster than liking Rick and Morty

you're all so much dumber than you think

That's not how it works, you fucking basement dwelling retard

You look at the same shit for brains short term model that most autists like you use

I was so confused today. Everyone was like 'MickyDee's szechaun sauce!" and I was like "wut' and they're like 'Rickinmorty" and I'm like "what does mickydee's szechuan sauce have to do with rickinmorty?" and guy's like "you haven't seen season 3 have you?" and I'm like "no, I haven't." and then I see phat lines like around the block for szechuan dipping sauce from mcdonalds and i'm like 'what the fuck?'

Consider for a second that none of you write for a TV show, not a single one of you has sat in a writer's room for any production. ESPECIALLY on a show like R&M, where half the jokes are going through the steps to bring a Justin Roiland riff to life. That's the whole joke. Especially in the case of SzeChuan sauce. He brought it up one day, and it started a whole conversation we all started riffing on this promotional sacue, and we ended up putting it the episode. I know this for a fact because I'm a writer, and I was there. fucking losers.

It is when you cant discern the difference.

Such interesting wow much cool

This is pathetic. You americans get excited over a new mcdonalds sauce. So detached from the real world. So easily manipulated. Pathetic.

bro thats some crazy shit

eat ass skate fast

check em.

Limited amount of toy sales? Perfect, it increases the "value" of that toy.

Limited amount of dipping sauce? Absolutely retarded. Anybody who traveled to wait in a long ass line for a fast food sauce advertised on a TV show, that there's a chance you wouldn't even get, has the brain capacity of an acorn.

What the hell are you going to do, horde that sauce that you originally intended on eating? Or devour it and post on the internet later about how disgusting it was because it was some hyped up McDonalds sauce? I really don't get it

Is McDonalds a meme? Bravo

They're vastly different, especially when you haven't even taken 3 marketing classes

I live right down the street from a McDonald’s that was selling it and still couldn’t get any there was like 100 people in a line that had been waiting for hours.

What is wrong with humanity?