ITT: Post albums with great closing tracks

ITT: Post albums with great closing tracks

even if the rest of the album is hot or miss

hit**

You're supposed to post albums with GOOD closing tracks, user!

why? pretty lose theme for a thread tbqh

good
bad
bad
GOOD
there are no good tracks on that album

off to a bad start, lads

Yes

Literally every Radiohead album

>I MISS YOU

a closer so good that y'all already know what album im talking about

DI Go Pop as well.

fuck yes

Yeaah I love how this album ends. Everything went downhill from there, even If I think Pinkerton is an amazing second record.

my nigga

came to post this

I wish they had sawed off a bit off the wankery at the very end, I think the track could've ended at "I'm sorry dad no I'm not making this UP"

Oh lordy. Still one of my top 5 songs of this decade.

it definitely needed to end before "im nothing without you my darling please dont ever leave" because that's beta as fuck and borderline ruins the song
the bagpipe solo was ok tho

Yeah I like the bagpipes, the guitar that comes in afterwards is excessive tho for sure, also agree about the beta lyrics

Idk man, sometimes I listen to the album and think it's a genuine 10/10, sometimes it barely scrapes a 6. Gotta be in the right mood for it (read: halfway hammered and depressed)

Amnesiac is a close 2nd

Not really

these

its my 2nd favorite after My Love Paramour

best opener imho

the obvious one

Apple pie was a beauty

shit taste wow

Such a shitty band

Best song on the album

Giant Swan too

Motherfucker

People get way too caught up on whether or not this album, and Train in Vain in particular, are 'punk'. Whatever it is, it's fucking awesome.

no one ever listens to me when I say a lot of Clash songs are prog rock.

that's because that's fucking dumb and inaccurate lol

Lost in the Supermarket, Straight To Hell, those are the examples I usually bring up, there are many more you could call progressive though, I'm not talking in the Genesis sense of prog rock.

in what sense are you talking then?

in the sense that they progressed rock, but they did use a lot of new themes and unconventional styles in a lot of songs, Straight to Hell is the only song you could actually label as prog rock though.

>in the sense that they progressed rock

Wow, putting them in the category of literally tens of thousands of rock albums, what a goddamn descriptor

Next you'll be calling any rock song that's ever been heard via radio waves "space rock"

I've heard it referred to as post-punk, but that doesn't describe the entire album either. I guess it's as close as you'll get though.

Oh fuck, my negro

Unironically this

The Clash can't be prog, they actually had a sense of melody