Pokemon box 2

Pokemon box 2.

Previous thread
Requests welcome.

Continuing comic from

Volunteer work is definitely a reasonable choice!

My old roommate did something similar where she took a pretty low-paying stipend based job-ish volunteer gig to build up her contacts and gain more experience.

The problem is she's had trouble transitioning it into something more concrete, but that has a lot to do with her field (environmental outreach and policy)

After I was unemployed for ~6 months for health reasons I got back into working by starting as a bagboy at a grocery store. There's always entry level stuff.

That's cool. I've never been employed before, so I thought it might be a decent way to gain experience, while working around my class times.

My first jobs were tutoring gigs and stuff at my college.

Those are usually extremely easy to schedule around classes because they only hire students, so they're very used to working around it.

They might also have a volunteer organization you could join.

My parents suggested I get into tutoring because I get good grades. I guess I should follow up on it. There are some volunteer organisations locally and I'll probably sign up with one of those. I hope to land some IT related volunteer work because that's what I'm pretty good at.

That seems reasonable, and yeah, if you've got good grades it shouldn't be hard to land a tutoring position.

Though I was tutoring math and that's usually in high need / short supply. Depending on your skillset things may be more flush, but at least at my school it was rare to see a tutor turned away.

Any requests?

I probably wouldn't have too much issues getting into tutoring for IT subjects. My biggest problem would be being a good teacher. Always been a bit of an introvert.

Shouldn't matter too much. I'm very introverted as well and I did fine as a tutor.

Male human x Pokémon

Guess I can only give it a shot and find out. I think I'd be more interested in volunteer work anyway, so if it doesn't work out, oh well.

Sure thing.

Yeah, it's good to avoid getting fixated on one option. Plus, no reason you can't do both if you've got the time/energy.