First Responder Stories Thread:

First Responder Stories Thread:

Firefighter/EMT here. Pretty buzzed right now. Ask me anything.
I've seen 350+ dead people in the last 4 years.

Explain the worst death you’ve seen in detail

I'm thinking of applying for fire service. Is there anyway to know how I'll react to gruesome sights? How did you find it?

There is a few that stick out. Pick one, I'll probably greentext all the ones listed at some point in the thread.
>First time doing CPR, baby found dead in crib
>Helping remove a bloater sitting in a hot summer house, have one of these in the winter as well in a mobile home with a space heater on
>GSW to the head, suicide attempt gone wrong, guy blew part of his face off and lived long enough to get airlifted and die in surgery
>CPR on a 15 ear old who died during a seizure, blood all over myself while doing chest compressions
There's a lot more, but those are the main ones recently.

I got into it doing a ride along in high school. Signed up that day and been doing it ever since. My first and only call that ride along was a fatal motorcycle accident. The adrenaline rush got me hooked, but the overall monotonous medical calls day in and day out really wear on you. But the occasional crazy as fuck calls really keep you going. In my opinion anyways.

Also to answer the question on how you will react. It's hard to say. I looked at gore online a lot before and found this shit fascinating, so it had less of an impact on me. Most of the time you are so focused on the patient and treating them to the best of your ability that you do not focus on the brutality of it all. That comes later once you finish the call and have time to reflect. Usually you are just in your zone. For me it's like another day at the office. Like this call for example. Pretty run of the mill during summer.

>Dispatched for a motorcycle accident on US 101
>Short report from dispatch says Motorcycle down, 2 occupants
>Bystanders reporting one rider is still down, CPR in progress
>Our response time on our medic unit is 20 minutes roughly
>Arrive on scene to find a female laying in the middle of a two lane highway, she was following her boyfriend/husband when she failed to navigate a turn and collided with a guardrail doing 50-60MPH
>Get out and start assessing her, her arms are both broken, both arms have compound fractures piercing the skin
>small pool of blood in the road
>her arms are broken from the humerus to her wrists
>grab her arm in one hand and stick an IV in it with the other while kneeling in a pool of blood in the middle of US 101
>she is screaming things like "Ouch!" and Help me!', obviously slightly altered
>tell her we are going to take care of her, shes like 30 something years old, kinda cute, honestly feel kinda bad (which is rare for me)
>Get her loaded in the rig and transport to the LZ
>While waiting for the helicopter (ETA of like 45 minutes from our departure of the scene)
we RSI (intubate) the patient
>She gets loaded on the chopper and taken to the trauma center to live another day.

Interesting. I do a job where I work at height (abseiling off oil rigs) I am scared of heights if I don't have my harness on. I guess you go into work mode and have so many little things to concentrate on you lose sight of the bigger picture. In a good way.

I just want to hug you, OP.

Exactly. And eventually after seeing enough it just becomes second nature. The call I mentioned where the guy shot his face off was like that. I got done with the call and seen that I had blood soaked through my pant legs on my thighs and it had soaked and ruined everything in my pockets.

>I got into it doing a ride along in high school. Signed up that day and been doing it ever since.

don't you need, like training or qualifications? or does not throwing up count as a qualification?

saddest and scariest calls plz

This is why women should just stay in the kitchen

in the background -

those trees all dead cause of that bug?

saw a Thunderf00t video about it...

Damn that’s gotta be rough they all sound terrible the summer house had to be awful

Not a first responder, but I've witnessed someone die.

>Be 19, on way home from college
>Hear tires screech and then a smash
>Look to the road, a young girl has been hit by a car
>Everything feels like it has slowed down
>Dash over to the girl, the guy is just sitting in his car
>She is crying, keeps saying "my tummy hurts"
>Calling emergency services while trying to talk to the girl to keep her with me
>No one else is around and guy is still just in his car
>Girls last words are "I want my mummy"
>She lost consciousness then stopped breathing a short while after
>Didn't let go of her until the ambulance arrived

Guy was arrested but wasn't charged, the girl ran out from between parked cars and he was going the speed limit.

bump

Here is another story to keep the thread moving.
>Live in the same town I work in, small town, overall community of about 60,000 people during most of the year.
>Population almost doubles during the summer
>Still tight knit enough in the part I live and work where chances are you will see a lot of people who you grew up with on calls
>Dispatched to a structure fire
>Reports of a possible person trapped on the second floor of the house, heavy smoke reported from the 2nd floor
>police arrive and 2 officers run inside trying to get people out after seeing someone banging on a second floor window
>get out one occupant on the 1st floor
>cops cant access 2nd floor due to the intensity of the fire
>Drive to the scene, smoke visible from a few miles
>arrive on scene, initial units have stretcher a line up the the back door leading to the second floor
>pedestrian grabbed a ladder off the engine and threw a rock through a 2nd floor window
>We have a elevated quint spraying water on the roof
>I get there and make a second interior crew
>Make entry and fight fire
>Get out and rehab after about 40 minutes
>Fight fire for a few more hours, news helicopter hovering overhead
>Crowds literally pulling up camping chairs and watching, recording (actually found videos of myself on youtube)
>Eventually get the fire knocked down
>We get like 20 pizzas from Dominos delivered, and some wings
>Bullshit with the two cops and eat some wings
>form a human wall and remove the body from the 2nd floor and carry it out to the coroner van
>Crowds watching
>Body is charred black with skin tears all over, skull cap busted open and hollow, brain is gone
>find out later I went to high school and elementary school with the victim

I've got hundreds or thousands of hours of training and 7 (not alot in this business) different certs plus I am required to do ongoing training every month for medical related things alone, plus fire training thats ongoing.

Dead motorcyclists prove there is a God.

Moar.

thunderCUCK

I was rescued by police from a pedo who had gotten my "parents" to sign custody of me over to him, 2 states away from home, I was 9.

It was the day he was going to take me to his log cabin and kill me. He was shaving. If they had been 20 minutes later, I probably wouldn't be typing this.

I was a hysterical mess. A sgt sat me in his lap and held me until I stopped sobbing and fell asleep on his belly.

He stayed with me until the evening, even though he was meant to finish in the AM.

I have so much respect for anyone in the emergency services

Sorry user. That's horrible mane

>A sgt sat me in his lap and held me until I stopped sobbing and fell asleep on his belly.
I wonder if he felt you up as you slept...

>Dispatched to chest pain about 1am
>Guy has blood clots in his heart known by his Dr. and he has an appointment at 8am to go see his cardiologist about 80 miles away
>he mentions maybe we take him up there
>While we convince him to stay and get him to sign AMA paperwork tones drop for another call
>dispatched to CPR in progress on a 1 year old
> unhook the EKG and finish our AMA and leave the patient home
>respond about 10-13 minutes away
>2 command officers, 1 chaplain and 2 medics are on scene
>I arrive with 2 more medics and myself
>Walk in the house and see a young mom and dad on the couch
>Inside a bedroom I see a crowd of us gathered in the room, a pale small set of legs is seen between the gaps I can find while looking in
>See the little childs body moving with every chest compression
>stand outside waiting to get swapped in for compressions
>its finally my turn and I stat doing 2 finger CPR
>can feel the kids lungs inflating under my fingertips with each breath from the BVM
>I get swapped up to the airway to bag
>Work the kid for a while then confirm him
>We all walk out single file out past the parents headed towards the front door
>mom immediately knows whats happening and cries even harder
>medic tells her the news
>we all walk outside and take a beath

I have a uniform fetish now.

Probably.

Holy fuck

Another one....
>Dispatched to a GSW to the head
>A few blocks from my house (LOL)
>Reporting Part said a man shot himself in the head
>Arrive on scene seconds after the medics and police
>Walk in and see a male laying on the floor in a pool of blood
>Sheriff deputy is kneeling in blood suctioning the airway while the medic is setting up to intubate and the EMT is getting IV access
>I take over the airway and start suctioning
>guy is gurgling blood, taking breaths aspirating tons of blood
>He is awake and alert watching us try to save him
>He has blown the lower front half of his face off
>Jaw bone is shattered in pieces sticking out of torn chunks of flesh
>I'm suctioning blood from his airway and I keep hitting teeth or jaw bone fragments with teeth attached
>can see the dudes fucking bone marrow
>We get him intubated and in the rig
>Head to landing zone to meet helicopter
>I breath for the patient with he BVM for the 8 mile drive
>Transfer the patient to the flight crew and head back to the ambulance
>See that my pant legs are soaked in blood
>chunks of face and tons of blood on my boot
>Check my pockets and everything in my pockets has blood on it
>Get back and shower the blood off, find out later the guy died as soon as he got to surgery

do you get a lot of attempted suicides?

Shit dude

Here is another one, people have aid it's bullshit but they just don't know how chill my local EMS system is.
>Dispatched routine (no lights or sirens) for swollen arms
>Reporting Party said their arm is swollen and weeping fluid
>We think this call is total bullshit, but whatever
>Get on scene, find someone in a small shack behind the house some dude is leaving in, we knock on the door
>Hold on let me get dressed
>We are standing outside the doorway in case he starts shooting, this sounds odd
>He opens the door, we immediately see he is pale as a ghost
>Rush him to the ambulance
>He is in severe shock
>His left arm is swollen twice the size of the other, with skin sloughing off and blisters
>Establish IV access and rapidly transport
>Turn patient care over to the ER and head back to the station
>While back at the ER later we here a code blue (cardiac arrest) alert goo out in the hospital "CODE BLUE - O.R. 3"
>We follow the ER nurses running to help
>Keep in mind this is a level 4 hospital and its 10pm (one of the lowest levels)
>Gown up and mask up and go in the OR
>See our patient from earlier on the table, missing his left arm
>Dr. doing surgery on his arm touching up the amputation while others do chest compressions
>Simultaneously working the code and sealing the wound
>look over and see the dudes arm sitting on a table
>Patient is brought back
>codes again
>brought back a second time
>patient died a few hours later in ICU
>infection had spread to his chest (necrotizing fascitis)
>local hospital refused to take him because the infection had spread prior to surgery, our local hospital said fuck it and tried anyways

up here all were good for is driving puertoricans with commonwealth insurance to the hospital for chest pains.

either that or they claim some issue and get shipped to ER, only to AMA (free ride)

Yeah, most often it is people taking pills, and most often is because of a break up. We routinely see teens do it over a break up. I even seen a 15 year old girl try because her mom said she couldnt go to a dance.

Gob Bless Ameriga :DDDD

>local hospital refused to take him because the infection had spread prior to surgery
Land of the free errybody

Now lets move on to accidents for a bit shall we
>About 8-10pm, don't quite remember
>Raining outside
>Dispatched to a two car head on accident on our local "highway of death"
>respond on scene and find a car that has been obliderated by a pickup
>truck was passing and didnt see the other driver coming in the other lane due to poor visability
>hit head on doing 50-70mph
>17 or 18 year old girl killed on impact, ejected from her car, her now mangled body laying in the ditch
>driver of the truck fills out his statement and walks past us to give the trooper his statement
>looks at her body unfazed by the fact he just killed someone
>Pic related: Accident in question

BUMP thx for the material guys

>be me, living in a common vacation area
>dating a county district attorney
>we're driving to dinner, get stuck in wicked bad traffic on highway
>she sees a cop car with lights coming up behind us, she jumps out, flags him down, leans in his window
>she gets back in, we follow cop
>at intersection of two highways, minor fender bender between car turning left into oncoming traffic
>middle-aged man slumped over wheel, resting on deflated air bag
>middle aged woman sitting on the side of the road crying, being comforted by witnesses
>girlfriend approaches police officer on scene, talks for a few minutes, comes back, says go home, she has to work the scene
>that night, find out it was a low speed accident, turning car going 15mph, straight car going 35
>everyone in seat belts, airbags deployed
>male driver died
>couple had met late in life, were on their honeymoon vacation
>two months later, she shows me an autopsy photo
>airbag hit seat belt
>seat belt put pressure on rib
>rib snapped, punctured aorta into heart
>he bled out internally within a couple of minutes
>that's how fragile life can be

How common do you see gunshot wound suicides? How many actually survive? Or is it almost guaranteed fatal? Does type of weapon dictate the survival, or just the aim?

>Asking for a friend.

being in this profession does it affect the state of your mental wealth being over time?

this shit happens all the time and so much.

See

Here's another one
>Just got done ordering taco bell, back at the station getting ready to eat my Doritos loco taco
>Dispatched to a car vs tree with entrapment
>Reports of 3 people trapped in the vehicle
>While en-route, our rig beaks down about 9-10 miles away from the call
>Call for our other unit to respond this way and bring a spare
>Spare rig arrives and we have 3 ambulances blocking the highway while we switch rigs
>I'm running up the highway with a cardiac monitor in one hand, and taco bell in the other, realizing how retarded I must look
>We get on the road to the call
>arrive to find one patient dead on arrival in the passenger seat, legs bent up behind his ears
>Dumbass Ear, Nose and Throat Doc is breathing for him with a BVM when we arrive
>We check his pulse and call it
>Doc tries to object
>Tell him to fuck off, he's dead and move on
>One patient behind him is trapped but uninjured
Rack of PBR in the drivers compartment
>driver is out and laying on the ground
>I assess him and load him up
>Wheel him out to the rig, a small crowd has gathered with phones out taking pics and recording
>Wheel the stretcher passed some hot chicks stopped in traffic
>try to look as badass as possible
>Trooper comes in the ambulance and reads him his rights
>he doesn't comply and says he doesnt understand them
>Transport him to the hospital and hand him off the the ER
>Part of our trauma triage depends on if their is a death in the same passenger compartment
>Tell the ER staff there was a death in the vehicle
>The driver starts asking us "WHO DIED? WHO DIED?
>Just a few minutes ago he couldn't even tell us the last names of his passengers
>Turns out he was driving about 70-90mph on a windy road
>Passed a trooper at 90mph, trooper pulls a u-turn and starts catching up
>catches up to find that the guy had hit a tree trying to navigate a turn

Out of first world nations, only in the USA

Its not your first time on here is it? I feel like I've heard these exact stories before

But that guy just had shit aim with a shotgun. Seems the only stories I hear about survivors are due to shit aim with a shotgun. But official statistics state that some people survived direct pistol wounds to the brain, of all calibers.

I'm just wondering if those stats relate your experience any, of if that is as one off as winning the mega millions?

>How common do you see gunshot wound suicides? How many actually survive? Or is it almost guaranteed fatal? Does type of weapon dictate the survival, or just the aim?
We see them fairly often, and they are VERY fatal. I recommend them 100% to people wanting suicide. In my opinion, pills are a way of getting attention. People always tell a loved on who gets them 911 care, although after an hour or 2 after OD'ing on certain meds you can be fucked regardless, like Acetaminophen. Gun shots are all about placement. Also caliber to an extent. Place it right and that wont really matter though. Shot gun is obviously most effective, pistols are probably used most often though.

It's amazing that you can live in a country who will look at their sick and dying and be like "well you don't have the insurance so we're just gonna let you die, cya"

well... who died?!

Thanks for the answer. That is crazy you deal with all of that, but someone has to, so thanks being able to handle it and what not. (Or at least handle it enough to show up to the next shift.)

I feel like I could maybe handle this job, but the idea of someone's life literally being in my hands freaks me out a lot more than seeing the gore. Dead is dead, but a dying person depending on me sounds like a bad situation.

Have you ever been tempted to feel up a chick who has just died or is about to if shes fully intact. Im a first responder in australia but never had the chance. Seen plenty of hot chicks tits on a back board getting cpr.

Please don't become an EMT/Medic, please don't....

yeah it really sucks. i'm pretty lucky to have insurance. great insurance at that. i literally haven't paid for almost anything, co-pays, broke my nose, nothing after going to the ER.

America is fucked for that. But the main industry I work in is mostly based here so I dunno good alternatives. Haven't researched anyway.

You're a fucken shitcunt

Nope, posted a few of these before.

Oh for sure. I probably have PTSD but i don't let it effect me for the most part. It makes you hate the general public because how many of them will never understand how public safety is but always criticize it. I work with cops alot, and have even helped restrain suspects with cops. I learned to hate anyone who hates cops because I see the amount of shit they put up with compared to me. I'd never want their job. This job also made my ego huge as fuck. I became the guy at all the parties that everybody sits around and listens to stories, while every bodies GF is getting wet at my stories. Not going to lie I kind of have a hero complex, but I think that makes me good at my job.

The passenger with his legs bent up to his ears

>I feel like I could maybe handle this job, but the idea of someone's life literally being in my hands freaks me out a lot more than seeing the gore
The gore isn't the hard part, its for sure the stress of the job. And legal repercussions you could face if you fuck up, and shit like that. Documentation gets annoying quick. After a while to me it just became another job. I worked in a warehouse shipping orders for an online store in cold weather prior to this. I don't get much of a rush for a lot of calls I would when I was new. I just go in focused and ready to do my job. I think "What reason do I have to be nervous, this is my fuckin' job I'm trained, and paid to do"

That comes with time and experience.

No but we do get to see a lot of tits. But I'm not a perv who's going to touch a patient wrong or take pics. I have a job to do and a reputation to uphold for both myself and my profession.

Yeah I just think that healthcare is a basic human right and that no one should be turned away from assistance whether rich or poor

sorry meant; who was it to the driver? mom? lover?

I feel like in the next 20 years America will attempt to fix it... It will just be when its almost too little too late and hella people are suffering. We enact change only when its REALLY forced.

Just a friend from work. Headed to a casino to gamble.

>Dispatched to a motorcycle accident
>Rider down
>Arrive and find the rider in the ditch
>failed to navigate and turn and hit two ditches flipping then hitting a stump and a fence
>His helmet comes off during the impact
>Load him up in the rig
>He is awake and altered
>Telling us he has to throw up
>He has a cut on his scalp going down his whole head leaving most of the top of his skull exposed
>Has a huge depressed skull fracture
>Sedate and intubate him
>I ride with and bag him while we head to the LZ 7 miles away
>He gets airlifted, never find out what happens

Tell us about Patients you saved who thanked you later (or their family)

Holy fuck... you know there was a shit ton of force when the gas fillup door flew off.

I know for myself, being in the military after sept 11th then becoming a first responder made me think less of how much life is worth. We are all meat sock puppets. Nothing you do will move mountains or even change the world. You can only influence your local area and that even only lasts for a short time after your gone. Only a handful of people will know your name after you die. Life is just a place in time where you exist in what you think is a unique experience.

So for me when I see death, I dont really care. In the end that one person who dies will only make room for 12 more hungry mouths.

Because most of us don't think that health care is a "right". Need [does not equal] "Right", which should be obvious upon inspection but isn't today.

My district attorney girlfriend didn't have a problem with the death or gore when she was working on case evidence,
but she said that it would still float around in her mind months later
and that was the bothering part - that for her it never went away, she couldn't put it behind her even when the case was done.

>Dispatched to a welfare check
>female caller states her soon to be ex-husband has her kids for the past few days and she hasn't heard from them today
>Sheriff deputies get on scene and note strong smell of gasoline from the door, call fire to stage
>wait for warrant and for SWAT to arrive
>SWAT enters and clears the scene
>Aid to come inside now
>Male has suffocated his 1 year old wth a gas soaked rag, then blew his own head off with a shotgun, only after dousing the house with gasoline
>He hoped the gas would ignite and burn the 4 year old still watching TV in the living room
>guys brains still dripping from the ceiling
>Large chunk of skull all the way out in the hall

Doesn't really happen that often, if at all, although I wish it did, saved some hot model chick once after she got the fuck beat out of her and got airlifted.

This. Death is death. Everyone dies. No point in trying to live life avoiding death at every turn because a lot of times death is out of your hands from the get go.

We need to place medical care for those who cant afford it on the basis of their own worth. If they cant put back into the nation or community then they get nothing.

In my own opinion we waste money on babies who would normally die. Why cant the chicks just have another one. its only 9 months of waiting.

>most of us don't think that health care is a "right".

Most people get it through their employer and come to expect it as part of the job benefits.

The only ones who really bitch are the business owners themselves who think it's an undue burden on their profits,
and the trade/contractor professions who have to pay for it out of their own pockets.

So IMO most people expect it whether it is a right or not, the same way they expect paid vacation time and direct deposit paychecks.

why would a d.a. have to 'work the scene' of a car accident?

>hwy 101

California, Oregon, or Washington OP? 707 reporting in

>have EMT friend
>talking to him about his job
>end up on the topic of drugs, specifically meth and heroin
>ask what the worst thing he's seen is
This is what he told me:
>get call for an overdose in bad part of town
>lights on, head out
>about a block away from the call, half naked kids are throwing rocks at the amburlamps
>get to scene
>old, fucked up, partially-collapsed house
>guy sitting on porch in a rocking chair
>run up and ask him where the person is
>continues to start off at the floor while rocking back and forth
>door is left cracked
>go inside
>house is a fucking mess
>barely liveable
>filled up ashtrays everywhere
>a crib with dried blood off to the side
>and a bathtub in the living room
>turn flashlight on and look around
>shine at bath tub
>girl is naked, sitting in bath tub
>probably 18-20, but looks like 40 due to drugs
>sitting there intently picking at something
>walk over
>she's picking the porcelean off the bathtub
>all of her fingers are bleeding
>some just look like stumps
>can see bone on one
>looks into light with dazed look and smiles and waves
>ask where OD is
>she lazily points towards further into the house
>go back
>old lady is sprawled on bed
>has probably been dead for a day at least
>call it in and gtfo

He also told me about a time that there was a heroin adict who shoved a hypodermic needle up her vagina during a raid, and while running, broke the needle, and didn't take it out; and the lesions left by the chunks of glass got infected.

>US 101

you in the san fernando valley my guy?

Been on a "mass shooting", IMO only by definition.
>4 murdered +1 suicide
>SWAT negotiating with man who claims to have shot his family
>Arrive on scene and stage down the road a mile or so
>Media camp already set up because standoff has been going on for a while
>News tries getting me on camera in B roll
>I scurry out of the way
>Get to scene and there are 4 people in a chicken coup, all shot in the back of the head, one of them 4 times
>Guy shot himself in front of the negotiator
>While getting ready to leave the scene I see ATF and FBI starting to show up

Nope, way north. Not even Cali.

>Be me last shift
>Working 48 hours on, 96 off
>Dispatched for a skydiver injured
>Walk over and see two chicks on the ground, not before I admire the view of the mountains in the background
>Both kinda hot, immediately start hitting on us
>One has fair amount of cleavage out
>Other chick is flirty, but took a hard landing
>Her lower leg is dislocated
>Her tibia and fibula went through the skin at her ankle and buried into the dirt on impact
>Give her pain meds, splint, and transport
>watch as the doc irrigates and resents her leg

Did you give her the D when she recovered?

pretty small town, not the best trained cops
if she can work the scene, she can make sure they don't fuck up the evidence

Do you ever go to schools for EMT-type presentations/talks? I remember EMT/Firemen coming to my school a lot to teach us basic shit. How do they decide who does that?

Would you ever suck a log of shit out of Andy Sixx's asshole?

>Do you ever go to schools for EMT-type presentations/talks?
I've been the guy who goes to elementary schools and teaches little kids fire stuff. It's really all about who volunteers to do it or whoever is on duty that day.

Fair enough. I always liked those days as a kid, so I hope you do it some more :D

>looks at her body unfazed by the fact he just killed someone
thats because the cock sucker didnt want financial liability for his stupidity.
this is why we shouldnt teach our kids how to pass the buck, CYA or whatever...

>Dispatched to hep remove a body for the corner
>Guy has been dead in his house for about a week, body is begging to rot bad, almost as bad as pic related
>can smell him from the front yard
>Has blisters all over his body, some fist sized
>Filled with blood or fluid
>Grab his arm and blisters start popping and grab his sweatpants, one on each side, after putting the body bag under his feet
>Doing that pops all the blisters on his legs which drain blood and rotting fluid into the body bag
>The shit is coming out like I turned on a hose
>guys fuckin gurlging as we get him off the couch
>guy has a breathing mask plugged into to a home nebulizer which is now sealed on his face with fluid leaking out of every orifice
>Have to go shower the stench off me

>Dispatched to an explosion
>Reported two patients injured, drove themselves to local volunteer FD station
>Arrive and find two burn patients
>Both have severe burns on the front of their bodies
>One has his entire head singed, every hair is burnt, not off but burnt
>Skin sloughing and peeling off of his arms and fingers
>weeping fluid
>He has airway burns too
>We sedate and RSI two patients
>transport them both to separate helicopters and airlift them
>their house gets raided a week later after it comes out they were building illegal pipe bombs and testing them

Are you sure there's not something wrong with you? You could be a sadist/sociopath/something...

What would you do here?

>You could be a sadist/sociopath/something...
Meh, maybe. I had a fucked up upbringing. Was a witness to my dad killing a teenage girl when I was 5, grew up poor with my mom in and out of mental institutions. But thats not usual in my job, most of the people I work with are normal people who grew up normal. But part of being good at this job is being able to focus on your patient and focus on your mission at hand. You can't get distracted, not by family, not by bystanders with cellphones, not by news helicopters flying overhead, not by dead people, not by gore, none of that. In the moment it's just you, your team and your patient. Everything else is secondary. We focus on what we need and getting it done. We call what we do organized chaos. Everything we do is methodical and has a meaning to it.

>Was a witness to my dad killing a teenage girl when I was 5
Story?

Have to get kneedeep in blood and shit and extricate the patient, probably cut off the roof and the C and D pillars, after stabilizing the vehicle and capturing the suspension

Rather not get into that one, its tied to a state supreme court case in my state and may make myself easier to identify.

Rogie understandable

You probably are on this spectrum. But I guess it's okay because you still have some kind of sense of moral structure etc. It's good that you lack emotions.
I know couple of people who are completely devoid of normal emotions, except for greed and frustration. They are faking it all the time. Successful in life in material sense though. Other one is a criminal though but I'm not in any contact.

But of course, no matter who you are, people still get adapted to this mayhem and seeing blood etc. You don't necessarily need to be nutcase. It's normal psychological reaction to adapt or otherwise you wouldn't be doing your job.

>Dispatched to CPR in progress
>Reporting part says their 15 year old sone was found down, not breathing, CPR in progress
>Arrive on scene and get swapped in for compressions
>15 year old kid has been down unknown amount of time, last seen an hour ago when he went to nap
>Doing CPR on him and blood starts spurting out of his mouth
>Blood is getting all over my hands, can feel its warmth through my gloves
>Blood gets all up my arm
>Eventually get swapped to airway
>dad is outside the room freaking out
>Yells at us every time we stop compressions to do a rhythm check saying "You dont have the authority to stop!"
>He is throwing things around outside
>We push epi and other meds and the dad comes in telling us to give him cannabis oil
>tell him to fuck off and decide to work the code until the cops arrive and then we call it
>kid died from positional asphyxia, had a seizure, rolled over, and suffocated after going postictal

> says go home, she has to work the scene
A prosecutor "working" a car accident she was sort of a witness to? Unlikely. She probably sent you home so she could fuck one of the cops.

Hace u ever has a Bonet while seeing those corpses?

>cannabis oil

dude don't tell me those parents neglected their kid because muh wonder drug

I'm glad there are EMTs that actually have compassion. Truly heart giving people. Have you ever ran into someone who does emts/first responder work just for the money?

do u cum on the corpses?

If I was gonna die I would plead with the EMT to fuck me, i hve a uniform fetish, I would go out happy

TYFYS

A lot of people stay in for the money because they have bills to pay. Others make loads of money doing fire/EMS. My department had every single member but one pull over 100k last year

moar stories pls