Is this the most complex composition in pop ever?

Is this the most complex composition in pop ever?

Unironically yes

>what is any Kate Bush album

GOAT

Grimes Art Angel is still better

electric light orchestra did it better most of the time

this is way more complex

Nah, I would say it's pic. It's kinda crazy how much harmonic variety they fit in what are essentially still pop music verses at the end of the day, with cool little subtle complexities that come in from the side. This is without mentioning the obvious amount of mixing/mastering work that went into it or the improv sections. Pet Sounds is still really close though, top five worthy with some of its harmonic progressions and counterpoint.

lol

SO COMPLEX AND BRAAAVE

I'd say these are all great contenders, along with pic related

The day this album clicks with me is the day I ascend

I have never listened to that album nor Supertramp, but if you're putting it up there with Pet Sounds and Aja Imma definitely give it a listen.

experience a gf and it should click

I've listened to it once a month since it clicked

tell me what you think

Not a prerequisite.
Just take a hot bath in the dark while listening to it and think about the dreams you had as a child.

It is definitely up there, I'd say some Paul McCartney, Steely Dan and Charles Mingus pieces approach it.

rare instruments =/= complex composition, I'm sorry

Brian Wilson is literally the single greatest chorale composer in pop music history.

Very pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something like the average Beatles or early King Crimson track where the interesting harmonic progressions were just in a smaller part of the track while the rest is more conventional, but there's often completely different yet still varied progressions for each distinct section for each track. The instrumentation is also very colorful and creative, like Beach Boys it's more just pop than restricting itself to rock to really do some cool stuff. It's a wonder a track like The Logical Song got so popular apparently.

>Expecting a sunshine pop album to "click"
>Ascending
Not exactly how it works.