The Great Old Champions

What's your opinion about each one of the Great Old Champions - or at least some of them?

England: For founding it they always deserve the proper respect. They have been starving for titles for a too long period, even though we are not that dumb to despise them. We can see that they have it in their blood too: a very particular way to drive the ball, they understand how "she" flows. Whenever they are on TV our ears become sharpen to know how they are doing.

Italy: They always have a good football to show.

Uruguay: They always provide fierce matches.

Spain: I really don't get them: they are good, but they are not good. Their football oscillates too much.

France: Our main adversaries in Europe, they always take us down when everything is already settled in our favor. Unfortunately they they don't make up to the size of their role: only one world cup.

Argentina: It's all about the passion and that's absolutely important to produce a high quality football, unfortunately it's just not enough. They master every small-medium sized tournament - obviously it reflected on the big one for twice. We couldn't ask for better rivals to motivate ourselves and grow together.

Germany: The best ones in technical movements, their game is everything about precise ball passes. The worst winners E-V-E-R, they love to diminish others to feel good about themselves.

Brazil: Only focus is World Cup. We surely have been administratively disorganized after the last Confederations Cup, but we never lacked of talented players. Now that Tite is the new coach 2018 is within our grasp. Best example of world champions ever: we are not selfish, we rather prefer to teach others about football than to make fun of them.

>Great Old Champions
>spain
lmao

2010 was 7 years ago

1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Argentina
5. Spain
6. France
7. Uruguay
8. England
9. Netherlands

Who's the 10th greatest football country in the world?

why are you not including european champions?

1. Brazil
2. Germany
3. Italy
4. Argentina
5. Netherlands
6. France
7. Uruguay
8. England
9. Spain

Fix.

Czechoslovakia

>That subtle ABG

*tips out of thread*

We would have to pretend that Denmark and Greece are elite footballing nations.

USSR.

Italy: Always have great technical players, top-tier coaches, and defense leads the way

Uruguay: Garra Charrua, aka dirty play, works for them.

Spain: Shit until recent history. Now very technically gifted players.

France: only a couple frenchmen left in the squad, but it looks like it will benefit them.

Argentina: most passionate fanbase. Over reliance on Messi is their downfall. Players not wanting to get cucked by Icardi is another problem.

Germany: Safe footy. Works every time.

Brazl: Fun footy. Lost that for some time, but Nerman seems to bringing it back. Favorites to win 2018 IMHO

England: Cheated to win their only WC. Fucking over Brazil, Portugal, and Germany in the process. No respect for founding as they stole that accomplishment from the Scots.

>Germany: [...] The worst winners E-V-E-R
>3 stars on the Germany badge
>being this bitter

Also,

>being this autistic to post this pile of shit

>implying senpai

They're mean people. At least show some respect for the people you made cry.

>England

Comical

>Italy

Based and always had the likable players like Materazzi, Grosso, Cannavaro, Baggio, Totti, De Rossi etc.

>Germany

Good team stacked in all positions but their midfield domination is boring and robot-like which I hate. They're also cocky as fuck and I don't like that

>Argentina

My favorite South American national team. >MESSI MESSI MESSI, Batistuta, Riquelme were fun to watch

>Uruguay

They're just kinda there. It's very impressive how much they've been able to win despite being a tiny irrelevant country of 3 million with a DUDE WEED President (I heard he resigned iirc)

>Spain

Enjoyed the asshurt they inflicted upon everyone else with their Barcawinslol tiki taka midfield domination.

>Brazil

The most fun national team to watch. So many creative players and GOATs in all positions from Fatnaldo, Cafu, Ronaldinho early 2000s, Kaka.

>France

A great team. Not much of an opinion on them. They always have great players in each generation.

I wish they could win at least once.

we had our shots, it's too late now. We'll never be good again.

It's obviously Sweden

At least we are the GOAT country at inventing sports

it will happen to us too imo, after messi retires

>they love to diminish others to feel good about themselves.
that's not true you macaco subhuman

LCIM will channel all the meme magic he can for his final ride ;_;

thanks Scotland bro for the beautiful game.

1986 was Maradona+10 every match
(im not fucking 70 but i actually saw the matches)

You know nothing about forever lost opportunities

He will for ever be angry and jealous of the fact that Germany has won the World Cup at home soil if you know what I mean

after messi retires, argentina will be just as good. The won their world cups without messi, they can win again without him

>Taking an too early lead in the World Cup final and losing it
I'm not crying you're crying

Sorry, Lazlo. :3

We all hate germans here, bro

Keep hating bitch nigga. The future is ours and there is nothing your potatoless country can do about it.

>They've never beaten Germany at the World Cup
apply yourself

>74
POTTERY

see you disgusting piece of shit

In Sup Forums its cool and ppl love it, but being a cunt irl is not cool m8.

portugal t b h

look at the smile on Dante's face
he knows it's just banter

“We can joke about anything, but not about this. Not all the Germans were like this but Thomas is the big joker."

“This doesn’t make me laugh and when someone doesn’t laugh, it means they are annoyed.”

yes, just banter, just """""german humor"""". And keep in mind that Dante is the most polite person ever born in huelands.

7-1 will never not be funny

I'm getting taught about manners by a Brazilian of all people.
What a timeline we live in.

We're talking about professional players here m8. Not swiss neet people.

I always hated the four stars at the Uruguay emblem, when Argentina lost all three final in a row a lot of sport journalist here in Uruguay spit shit on how Argentina didn't won jack shit since 1992/1993 and they liked to pretend Beijing 2008 didn't exist, but the four stars in the Uruguay emblem are for the two world cups and two fucking OLYMPIC GAMES.
>They where approved by FIFA
>Oh, now you like FIFA, but when they slaughter Suarez FIFA where SHIT.

>and when someone doesn’t laugh, it means they are annoyed

it means they're fucking salty lol
you have no one but yourselves to blame for falling apart like that and you deserve to be made fun of

>you
I'm talking about Dante, slav bro. Not me.

Mate, the early Olympics were legit. Especially the pre-World Cup ones. But also up and including the pre-1950 World Cup Olympics if you know what I mean

Kek.

Gibe madeira cake as potato substitute PLS

Never realised what an exclusive club WC winners actually is.

underrated post

you as in plural, refering to your NT ffs

I miss the old Sup Forums memes when we would claim that current Germany never won a world cup, only West Germany.

Well, it's not their fault that the team had a shitty coach and a corrupted board. Felipão was relegated with a brazilian team just one year before take over the Seleção. How the hell is that the player's fault?

current germany basically IS west germany m8, especially football wise
>mfw there is only one East Germany club in the bundesliga this season and it's a plastic club

Now realise how exclusive the club of World Cup winners who've won on home soil on
And how even more exclusive the club if you've won on home and away soil

Brasil: got fat and lazy, they probably don't work as hard just because of history and the fact that they can say "5 stars" no matter what, even though the current generation has done nothing

Italy: They've never impressed me, it's just good passion when it counts

Germany: digusting cheaters nearly every competition

Argentina: would probably have more world cups if the population of the country wasn't so fucking toxic

Uruguay: this country doesn't count, they don't even have color video of their world cups, and it wasn't even the modern trophy, just jules rimet

France: nothing without zidane

England: nothing ever, rigged trophy

Spain: 90 years of irrelevancy again. See you guys in year 2100 when they become good again.

And England shouldnt be in here at all

It is their fault for mentally falling apart so early in the match.

And everyone also has CWC/Intercontinental club winners. Everyone but France.

Dante and Elber are the most likeable people to come out of your country. :3

Are you high?

That's because the East German clubs - much like their industry - got fucked in the ass by the West after the annexation.

No, 1,59 m

He's talking about glorified friendlies as mattering
yes he's high

KEK

giving all american poster a bad name with this post/Great bait.

> The Great Old Champions

I would prefer something like The Big 8, or some cool senseless word made out of their initials: B I D A U F E E

>Engeland
>Urugay
Just stop. One never was good, the other was good before anybody here was born.

The Eternals (or The Eternal Ones) sounds pretty based desu

Are you 8?

Are you 67?

Come to Lisboa mami

No.

I'm 1,59 m

>it's a brazil or argentina remenicse about the past thread

Crap meme m8

>past
>we won 2 of the last 5 world cups

Something doesn't sound right..

I don't know shit about football, but this is the internet anyway

Italy: People hate them, they don't care. They don't like to squander their goals but they know when to score a winning one... With a proper trequartista though. Silent killers.
Argentina: Amazingly gifted players. Their ego has always been their downfall, sadly. Over-reliant on National Coaches, something that has lately been a weakness given the corruption inside their footbal federation. Give them a proper midfield and they'll conquer the world.
Germany: Cold scheming machines. Always put teamwork over individual prowess, something that has worked most of the times for them. They always have this one asshole in the team that makes them look arrogant. Or maybe two, like Müller and Kroos. Fucking cunts.
England: Great teams, bad fanbase. Big fan of the 1996 Euro Team: I unironically think it's better than the one that won the World Cup. They deserve better.
Uruguay: How can a country with less than four million people have so many titles? Might not be the best in strategy but they have balls and balls is enough. God bless Luis Suarez.
France: Giant Team Killers. Massive chokers. Only Zidane could get them out of their choking ways.
Spain: Think that the England fans are awful? Wait until you see the Spanish fans. Humble people until they 1-0'd their way to 2010 world Cup. Arrogant pieces of shit afterwards. Need a Sargeant on the field like Aragonés to make them work, but when they do, they play beautiful football. Blessed by a brilliant Generation (I'm a big fan of the 2002 WC team though. Fuck Worst Korea, seriously), but their future seems bleak nowadays.It's not like they care anyway: Spanish fans I've met actively dislike their NT and prefer to see their local clubs.
Brazil: They have to get shat on and humiliated to get better, but once they do they become the best team in the world. I love jogo Bonito, even if it's Neymar the one who does it. No hard feelings about 2014

last 6 fuck i'm bad at math

You are Brazilian after all.

Someone PLEASE post that pasta with all the refball and blatant cheating offenses Germany committed throughout World cup history.

>Puskas would be considered top 5 of all time if it wasn't for this
I'm so sorry

german humor I suppose

>1)1954 World Cup - Hungary's team captain Ferenc Puskás, considered by many as the best player in the world in that time, was injured by German defender Werner Liebrich, Germany wins WC. 1 week earlier, Hungary had beaten Germany 8-3 and a doping scandal ensued after half the German team developed jaundice.

>2)1966 - England and Germany collaborately rig the word cup so they eliminate opposing teams using a ref fixing scheme. German Ref Rudolf Kreitlein officiated in the England vs Argentina QF, and English ref Jim Finney officiated in the Germany vs Uruguay QF. Both European sides were severe underdogs. In the Germany vs Uruguay game, the referee (who was Jim Finney, from England) had not recognised a handball by Schnellinger on the goal line and then had sent off two players from Uruguay: Horacio Troche and Héctor Silva. Germany later met England in the World Cup Final.

>3) 1970 - German's food poison English goalkeeper Gordon Banks. Germany ends up beating England in extra time.

>4) 1974 - Carlos Caszely of Chile became the first player in world cup history to be sent off with a red card in a group match against West Germany.

>5) 1974 - Bernd Hölzenbein of West Germany dives for a penalty after being down against Holland. Germany wins WC. Joao Havelange, who was FIFA President from 1974 until 1999 later states the world cup was rigged for Germany (host) to win.

>6)1982 - West Germany scored through a goal by Horst Hrubesch again Austria, seeing both teams to qualify for the next stage. West Germany aimlessly kicks the ball around for the next 80 minutes while the Spanish crowd yells "Fuera! Fuera!" ("Out!"). One German fan was so upset by his team's display that he burned his German flag in disgust. FIFA introduced a revised qualification system at subsequent World Cups in which the final two games in each group were played simultaneously due to the German's disgusting faggotry.

>7) 1982 - German keeper Harald Schumacher decapitates French player Patrick Battiston to prevent him from scoring. Battiston was knocked inconscious, suffered a fractured vertebrae,a broken jaw, and lost 2 teeth. The ref doesn't even award Schumacher a yellow card. Germany ends up beating France in penalties

>8) 1986- West Germany and Mexico draw 0–0 after extra time after 2 Mexico goals are disallwed. Germany wins in penalties.

>9) 1990- Germany player Rudi Völler taunts Holland's best player Frank Rijkaard to cause an altercation and get Rijkaard ejected from the game. Germany beats Holland.

>10) 1990- Germany dives untouched vs Czechoslovakia in the semi-final, the penalty secured a 1-0 win.

>11) 1990- Germany again dives for a 1-0 win against Argentina in minute 85. Argentina saw Roberto Sensini and Pedro Monzon with red cards during the match in what was deemed the worst final in history.

>12)1994- Germany dives against Bulgaria to salvage a quarterinal defeat with a penalty but Bulgaria holds on to see the Germans off 2-1

>13) 2002- German handballs not called against them in a match against USA. Germany ends up winning 1-0

>14) 2006- German player Miroslav Klose shatters Argentine Goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri's ribs. Abbondanzieri is carted off. Germany scores on backup keeper Leonardo Franco to draw 1-1 and proceeds to win in penalties

>15) 2010- Germany cheats against England, disallowing a clear goal which would've leveled the score and changed the momentum of the game. Alas the goal is not recognized and Germany proceeds to beat England on counterattacks 4-1.

>2014: Argentine Forward Gonzalo Higuain is biolently kneed in the chin, an impact that can actually kill a person thanks to the tremors sent up to the brain [that is the reason any time it happens in UFC/MMA the guy is usually knocked out cold and the fight is stopped]. German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer does not receive a warning. Germany wins in Extra time.

>all this mad

At least you have 2 cups already

always had respect for italy. germans always felt so mechanical, idk. even their most likeable players felt like charisma void robots.

england are fucking jokes, 1 good tournament in their entire history and it was at home. all teams punch above their weight when they host yet they still needed a questionable goal to win it. we have a fucking winning record against them in tournaments. doesnt get much lower than that.

france, spain are pretty much the same. always had great players but only had one great generation that just clicked at the right time and produced a time of dominance, with spain obvious being the more dominant(but more snooze inducing) one. plus they all have an extra euro title when they hosted it outside of their dominant era.

latin americans i always enjoyed watching, felt more natural than a lot of european football and it was a treat watching them since their matches usually werent televised around here.

>1985-2017 Ronaldo is a flaming homosexual

Czech republic

I just copypasted from the archive. no bully

Switzerland

1-time euro champions Denmark

I also agree it's pathetic.

We have 2 WC and 2 Olympic Golds the fact that the WCs didn't exist back then is irrelevant.

>Trequartista
*tips

If football before WW2 was shit I can't even imagine the level of these Olympics pre-WC

Europeans didn't want to take a 2 months ship to South America to play an amateur game and the sport itself was refballed as fuck. There are lot of histories of Uruguayan mafiosos threatening the Argentine players in the final and forcing them to lose

Agree with most of that, though while latin americans are indeed more natural it often feels immature or juvenile compared to italians, though I can see why people prefer to watch them.

>latin americans are indeed more immature or juvenile
Why are Germans so racist

The first two Olympics were won in Europe though and we rekt every Europeans like 8-0.

In fact Uruguay 1920-1930 helped shape football as we know it.

I recall some chronic about the first of those Olympics where europeans went to watch the training sessions of Uruguay NT and laughed their asses off because the uruguayans realised they were there and started playing bad on purpose (clashing between them, missing the ball shooting really bad). Then the first match was like a 5-0 or something like that

>The worst winners E-V-E-R, they love to diminish others to feel good about themselves.
WOW rude
Germans felt genuinley bad for the 7x1.
Don't blame us for the self-flagellation Brazil went through afterwards.

You guys looked ok at the Euros. Not that I could possibly remember any of the names of your random players but a couple of them looked pretty creative and technically competent.